Ratings for Dr. Surekha Patel

Terrible. Abysmal. She should not be practicing. I've seen this doctor twice. The first time was to go over my symptoms. As other patients here have said, she was impatient and rude with the use of time. I tried to be as thorough and brief as possible, while giving enough detail for a proper review. She laughed as I was explaining my symptoms. That appointment ended with me in tears. The second time I saw her was for a pap smear that I requested in my first session with her. I can forget how rude an individual is, but I came in for proper testing and screening, and that's what I thought I was getting. Months later, I called the clinic to inquire about my pap. They said it was all good with no abnormal results. 4 months after that, I requested a printed pap report because I decided to go to a private practice (the walk-in clinic had NOT been helpful). When they printed out and handed me my results, it turned out that she only performed a pelvic exam for STD screening – there was no pap, and there never were any pap results. I'm absolutely disgusted with both the clinic and the doctor.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

I have been a patient for Dr Patel for over 6 years now. During her constant move from Burnaby to Surrey and than back again and now in downtown Vancouver, I think I’m finally done with her and her staff. Not only does her receptionist answer the calls, she argues about the bookings and schedules. I am almost 5 months along my pregnancy and I have yet to be able to get in to see the doctors for prenatal exam. When she finally answers the phone, she is ready to bite your head off. I appreciate the knowledge that the doctor provides but I don’t think I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2018

Called the clinic to booj my appointment. The receptionist told me that Dr. Patel is no longer working and has left the practice. I saw her in September and Dr.Patel didn't even mention to me that she is leaving. She left her Hastings medical clinc , she camera to Surrey. I followed her to Surrey. She left Surrey opened her clinic in Burnaby ,I followed her.She closed down her Burnaby clinic and went back to Surrey, I followed her. I am now done with her. I personally just don't want to deal with her anymore as all these years with all the wait times and getting upset with patients when you ask her questions that are complicated she will strike back with go take some vitamins and stop wasting time. The minutes that you spend with her in the room all you will here about is that she is not making enough money every time not enough money. She will talk about money and about patients which shouldn't come to the clinic. I think that she only wants to see patients who have higher standard of living and wealthy. She will sit the examining room chatting with them. But if you are a patient not wealthy she will for sure look down at you crtistized you and just growl. Sitting in her Surrey office and waiting to be seen and seeing those receptionists running back and forth to her because she can't figure out the system that she was using. My heart goes out to those girls . Who sometimes are called useless by Dr. Patel. I don't think that those receptionists are useless. But Its Dr. Patel herself who is so slow on computers and blames the staff whereas she should be blaming herself. I am glad that I found a new doctor finally who has accepted me as her patient. I can finally get questions for my need now answered as now as it wasn't before. A doctor who moves frequently is not a secured doctor to begin with. I should have learned that lesson when she left her hastings clinic.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Terrible. Snide. Had an appointment, and Dr was very very behind schedule, but that’s usually understandable. She asked me questions that required answers and since her own questions took more than 15 minutes, she got frustrated that I was taking up too much of her time. I asked for a referral to another registered doctor (specialist) to help me, She referred to somebody who doesn’t even have their doctorate in their field. Watch out.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Dr. Patel has been my families Dr. for over 10 years now. Dr. Patel is knowledgeable, truly caring and one of the best. She is not always punctual but that is only because she spends the time listening to you unlike many Dr.'s these days that are more revolving-door type. She is definitely worth the wait. She recently moved her practice out to Surrey from Burnaby and despite the commute, we still see her.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I think Dr. Patel is a lost breed of doctors. I feel many doctors now just sit behind a laptop and confirm what you already know and have suggest to them, and then rush you out the door. Unlike these doctors, Dr. Patel cares about you, takes time to really listen and talk to you, and examine you. Despite the wait being so long, I continue going back to her because of the quality of her care. I was sorry to see her leave Burnaby but after seeing many other doctors since her love of Surrey and being unsatisfied, I may just end up travelling to Surrey to see her. I wish there were more doctors with her level of patient care.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Dr. Patel takes a personal interest in my health and gives all the time required for any issue. Why would anybody want to go into more than 1 issue at a time per visit, especially when each visit is free, basically, is beyond any logic. If it takes 10 visits to sort it out, go for it. It's free. You are not in the U.S.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

One of the most inefficient offices I've ever been to. If you have a sports related injury I strongly recommend you go elsewhere. Dr. Patel is very arougant and rude to patients who have waited 2 hours past the original appointment time. Her office is a dirty dump. The clinic is a regular walk in style clinic and takes appointments for regular family doctor style appointments, which is completely chaotic. Got to the clinic for a 10am appointment at 9:45am, didn't get to see Dr. Patel until 12pm only to have her raise her voice and talk down at me. I didnt complain about any of the waiting just so you readers know. Have been waiting since October 2016 to get the results of my son's ankle injury December 29, 2016. 3 x-Rays and 3 appointments later he was supposed to get the results. Instead she wasn't organized and read to us the same results from a previous November appointment. When I told her we were here for the newest results from a December x-Ray, she was confused and had no clue as to why we were called in for results. Bottom line this Dr . Patel runs a disgusting, inefficient time wasting practice. Please chose to go elsewhere.

Submitted December 30, 2016

Try to get the earliest slot possible otherwise prepare to call ahead to find out how far behind they are and expect to wait in the office as well. I've waited close to 90 minutes before. Despite this, I keep going back because she really offers a full range of options from natural to standard medical drugs. She cares about you. Downside as well, they have policy that only allows you to bring up a maximum of 2 issues at a single appointment.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

She's always late. But she does spend her time with me. Hard to find a doctor like her now. Glad she's back. Do hope the office could be better though. It's too small and hot

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016