Ratings for Dr. Surekha Patel

Dr. Patel has been my families Dr. for over 10 years now. Dr. Patel is knowledgeable, truly caring and one of the best. She is not always punctual but that is only because she spends the time listening to you unlike many Dr.'s these days that are more revolving-door type. She is definitely worth the wait. She recently moved her practice out to Surrey from Burnaby and despite the commute, we still see her.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I think Dr. Patel is a lost breed of doctors. I feel many doctors now just sit behind a laptop and confirm what you already know and have suggest to them, and then rush you out the door. Unlike these doctors, Dr. Patel cares about you, takes time to really listen and talk to you, and examine you. Despite the wait being so long, I continue going back to her because of the quality of her care. I was sorry to see her leave Burnaby but after seeing many other doctors since her love of Surrey and being unsatisfied, I may just end up travelling to Surrey to see her. I wish there were more doctors with her level of patient care.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Dr. Patel takes a personal interest in my health and gives all the time required for any issue. Why would anybody want to go into more than 1 issue at a time per visit, especially when each visit is free, basically, is beyond any logic. If it takes 10 visits to sort it out, go for it. It's free. You are not in the U.S.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

One of the most inefficient offices I've ever been to. If you have a sports related injury I strongly recommend you go elsewhere. Dr. Patel is very arougant and rude to patients who have waited 2 hours past the original appointment time. Her office is a dirty dump. The clinic is a regular walk in style clinic and takes appointments for regular family doctor style appointments, which is completely chaotic. Got to the clinic for a 10am appointment at 9:45am, didn't get to see Dr. Patel until 12pm only to have her raise her voice and talk down at me. I didnt complain about any of the waiting just so you readers know. Have been waiting since October 2016 to get the results of my son's ankle injury December 29, 2016. 3 x-Rays and 3 appointments later he was supposed to get the results. Instead she wasn't organized and read to us the same results from a previous November appointment. When I told her we were here for the newest results from a December x-Ray, she was confused and had no clue as to why we were called in for results. Bottom line this Dr . Patel runs a disgusting, inefficient time wasting practice. Please chose to go elsewhere.

Submitted December 30, 2016

Try to get the earliest slot possible otherwise prepare to call ahead to find out how far behind they are and expect to wait in the office as well. I've waited close to 90 minutes before. Despite this, I keep going back because she really offers a full range of options from natural to standard medical drugs. She cares about you. Downside as well, they have policy that only allows you to bring up a maximum of 2 issues at a single appointment.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

She's always late. But she does spend her time with me. Hard to find a doctor like her now. Glad she's back. Do hope the office could be better though. It's too small and hot

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Dr. Patel was my family doctor for 3 years. I liked that finally I could have one place where all my results and medical history was kept and organized. Sad to see her move back to Surrey from Burnaby as she is too far for me to continue to see her. There is definitely a wait for her (I don't think in the 3 years I've known her she is on time for her appointments - but you just know not to come early or on time) but Dr. Patel always makes time to listen to you, even when you have more than one concern. I felt like she knowledgeable, prescribed medication appropriately, and never hesitated to refer you to specialists. In her Burnaby office, the receptionist "Hazel" was very nice and kept things very organized. Too bad I have to find another family doctor now...

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

I have seen Dr Patel for a while and now she is moving her practice again! Very disappointed!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

i used to see patel but that did not last long when the wait was horrible 2 hours after the appt time and still waiting, then kept sendng me for test after test and never wanted to say i was DIABETIC feeling horrible all the time and could not figure out why the test were com ing bck the way they were, i did my own resurch to find out something i was born with made this test come back the way it did, finally i was told to go see a friends doc, he did the full blood work up and came back saying yes u are diabetic .. one test with this doc and get a result right away hmm the staff were plesent but do not know how to sched right, she now has gone back to surrey yet again .. go figure.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

Don't be expecting good bed side manner with this crazy one. For a doctor she has a very potty mouth. Edges on racism and does seem to treat people differently depending on age and income levels. She always rushes out in 10 minutes (or less!) so I don't know if she is giving proper diagnosis. That plus the facility is dirty and they are too cheap to have soap in the washroom.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016