Ratings for Dr. Pragna P. Patel

There IS a reason she has been unfavorably rated.. I will save you the time and just say my experience with Dr. Patel mirrors every other person's reviews. I would NOT recommend seeing someone running what is essentially a cash-and-carry operation..

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

A disgrace to her field!! Have been taking a family member to her on and off for @ a year and a half. Insists on cash payment, rushed 10 minute visits, no helpful advice/discussions. Suddenly unavailable to my family and pharmacy--will not return phone calls. We are left with no way to refill Rx. Only option is to find a new COMPETENT doc!!! We are gladly going elsewhere for CARE!! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. WOULD SCORE ALL 0'S IF POSSIBLE.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

I think anyone who thinks Dr. Patel is not a good and caring psychiatrist is a co-dependent personality whom she should not accommodate. She encourages self-empowerment/awareness and responsibility.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Pragna Patel is a disgrace to the medical profession. She is rude and uncaring. She prescribed a medication with a side-effect that made it difficult for me to swallow, and when asked about this, was not only unaware of such a side effect, but denied its possibility. (Fortunately, my family doctor was able to figure it out in less than five minutes). She doles out the medication in thirty-day supplies to get another payment from insurance every month. And when my insurance company started insisting on 90-day supplies, she screwed it up, wouldn't return calls from the pharmacy, and I went without medication for three weeks before she got back to me. Do not walk, RUN from this woman.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

Pragna Patel is a terrible "doctor", she does NOT listen to you at all and takes phone calls during your appointment!! All she cares about is collecting a co-payment and then treats you like you are a child. A doctor is supposed to listen to you and really get down into the details...not true for her. She starts writing off medication right away and interestingly only gives a 1 MONTH supply! This is to have you come back and pay another co-pay just to get a perscription for a non-scheduled drug. Do not go to her, she is simply terrible.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

I took my 9 year old son there for his ADD for about a year and a half and did not feel that his ADD was being properly managed. His appointments were about 10 minutes long, she hardly spoke to him. You pay your co-pay in cash (I found it odd that you can't pay by charge or benefits card) and she writes a prescription for a month's supply. Then you go back and it's the same thing over and over. I decided to try a different psychiatrist, and he thought his ADD was poorly managed. Working on new treatments now with better medication and counseling. I feel really good about my decision to relieve Patel of her "treatment" method.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

She didnt care except for the copayment. I need someone who will listen and not talk down to me.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2012

very good patient/doctor relationship always answers calls prompt appt. scheduling knowledgeable doctor

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

Dr Patel is very personable and I have never had any problems with her. The longest I've ever waited to be seen was 10 minutes.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

Pragna Patel is one of the most horrific doctors I have ever been too. She does not care to get to the root of the issues, she pushes medication on to the patient without explanation, does not answer questions and further more will charge you $50 above the consult to sign for work paperwork. Because it will take away from her personal live to fill out a 2 sentence page. Has not a care in the world for her patients. I do not understand how someone like this is still licensed! She is a DRUG DEALER!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

Dr. Pragna P. Patel's Credentials

• Hindi

• Bj Med Coll, Gujarat Univ, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India (Grad. 1982)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Spring House, PA