Ratings for Dr. Russell B. Branum

Staff is not always discreet about what they tell pharmacies. Staff does not follow up like they should. I had blood work drawnand they mailed my results over a month later. I am still waiting on MRI results I had done 3 weeks ago and I know his office has them because I called the MRI center. I am probably going to change doctors.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Got a referral from my regular doctor with 6!months records as they require. They told me they had to set up a file for me and the doctor would review it to determine when he would see me. They have had my records for over a week. Called today to ask about appointment and was told a file has not been set up nor a review by the doctor scheduled. I asked how long before an appointment date could be determined and was advised it would be weeks. Will go elsewhere, meaning outside of Fort Smith

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

I love Dr Branum. His office staff has absolutely no personalities. ..I call for my meds to be refilled and never hear back from them. It takes 3-4 calls to get something done. I only come to town once a week, a 1 hour drive, and try to organize things to no avail. I need my meds which is only spray for psoriasis. ...come on Dr Branum....HELP

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Very rude office. They run lots of blood work in their own private lab to make money. They then require you pay the full amt when seen. The first time I went they asked for over $500 up front! If you have to reschedule three times even if you call in advance they fire you as a patient. Once I had a conflict, the second time they rescheduled because the doctor was out, and the third time was after Xmas and I couldn't afford. I called in advance and they still fired me. In addition, they don't take Medicare.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Dr Branum is amazing or was with me I had to switch doctors due to his less then helpful less then competent front desk help.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

I was being treated for Lupus. All of his ANA tests came back negative during the 5 years with him. I questioned if I had lupus since the results were negative. He said it was because of the meds, Plaquenil.His staff is the rudest and non professional people I have ever encountered. They announced to me at the front desk that I had to pay the over $5000 balance before I could be seen. The packed office heard them tell me I was deliquent. They forced me to pay $50 up front assuring me that when my insurance paid, it would be refunded, before I could see the doctor or refill meds. I called my insurance and it paid the bill 8 days earlier. The staff refused to return my $50 and announced loudly "that $50 wasn't much money" To me, that is a weeks worth of groceries. I received a phone call and letter telling me since I was rude to his staff, he would no longer treat me. I drive 1 1/2 hours away for care. This Rheumatologists does not feel I even have Lupus based on tests.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

I haven't met Dr Branum because my file is still under review. I called to get a status and was shocked at the treatment I received from the receptionist. I was told if they decided to take me as a patient they would contact my primary. So rude and ugly.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

I was a patient of Dr. Branum's several years ago and changed due to insurance. I had my primary care school refer me back to Dr. Branum. His office staff is RUDE, HATEFUL AND INCNSIDERATE! They refused to accept me as a patient. All bills to him in the past were paid upfront and in full. I was not told the reason why for turning me away. I would not recommend this office to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

I went to Dr. Branum to get a second opinion regarding my RA diagnosis. My first physician was not helpful or open to alternate treatment options. Dr. Branum, on my first visit, asked me what my goals were. He asked me what I had going on in my life in order to determine what medication was right/wrong for me. It really made me feel like he was interested in what I wanted to achieve. I would highly recommend Dr. Branum. Of the nurses I have met, they are also very helpful and supportive. The front office staff, on the other hand, are not very welcoming. They seem to have an air of annoyance when I ask for help understanding the bills and payment.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

Dr. Branum is a wonderful doctor. His nurses are also great. BUT the office personnel are AWFUL. They are rude and incompetent. I have brought in receipts showing where payments have been made and they claim to have fixed the error on their end. Then when I come back in 3 months I am told I still owe for some back charge and we go through the whole process again. The entire business office should be FIRED. Also, at one appointment the waiting room got to overhear the office manager retell her recent "road trip" that sounded like something from the movie "Thelma and Louise". Needless to say the elderly ladies in the waiting room were sitting there with eyes wide open. Very inappropriate conversation for all to hear.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

Dr. Russell B. Branum's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)