Ratings for Dr. Aaron R. Bowen

I need a surgery.have been seeing Bowen for eight months . My insurance requires certain things from my pcp for approval. I gave him a print out of these things at my first appt. He has failed me miserably. My surgery was scheduled for 7/30/12 and because he didn't keep records it was denied. I'm stuck in this health nightmare and defpend on his office or I start all over again with someone new. I need a referral for a chest X-ray and its been over a week. Hasn't got to it. I wish I had checked him out better. I know that all dr's get good/ bad reviews, but this is so bad. He's nice. So,is his staff. But I don't need nice. I need surgery.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

Dr. Aaron Bowen is very intelligent and thorough. He knows a lot about hypertension and other cardiac problems. The medical group office staff are professional and quick. His nurses and the Physicians' Assistant are also knowledgeable. I have been his patient for over 12 years and have no complaints.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2012

I can appreciate what the other person said about Dr. Bowen's name being on her paper work. I saw him twice, 10 years ago, and would never go back to him due to his ego and the manner in which I was treated. Now, ten years later, and for the past two years or so, I have been "seeing" another doctor in the same medical practice which is affilatied with Oroville Hospital. "Seeing" is in quotes because I have never actually seen the doctor who is supposed to be my doctor. I was sent to his FNP on my first visit, and I simply continued to see her because she seemed caring and knowledgeable. However, that has changed....her attitude. Now, to the "Dr. Bowen" thing. His name continues to show up on my paperwork. I have tried on three occasions, or more, to have this rectified. All to no avail. I was recently referred to a Neuolergist whose office staff informed me that I had been referred by "DR. BOWEN!" When I told her that I am not even his patient, and tried to explain, my appt.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2010

I can not rate the doctor because I never got that far. After completing all of the forms which asked for complete life history including much that has no bearing on health ... such as what is your driver's license number, I was asked to sign some sort of release or waiver. When I asked if I was going to have to sign this release on every visit, I was told yes. I told them that my visit was over and I left. I figure if they are so insecure that they need all of this documentation, they are not for me.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

I never saw Dr. Bowen or Dr. Singh. Yet, the office says I've seen them. There are Doctors notes about me with their names on the paperwork. I don't even know what they look like. No matter how many times I've tried to make an appointment with them (with an actual Doctor). They are always "too busy". They push their egotistical, uncertified, prideful, rude, excruiatingly unaware of medical knowledge, Physician's Assistant on me every time. Loren Ott P.A. is ignorant, unwilling to do neccesary research, and has zero bedside manner. Dr Bowen and Dr. Singh are just "too busy" to be seen. Something very crooked and fishy going on in this office. Patty the secretary takes their malpractice and rolls it up into a tiny, neat, hidden,organized little ball and protects all of them. These people are sicker than I am.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2009

This man is caring for my best friends' mother and it is a travesty! He is 75 years old with parkinsons disease very apparent, and has totally misdiagnosed her cancer which is now spread all over. choosing to treat her for arthritis of the spine and other joints. He did not have the courtesy to be the Dr. of record that informed her of her terminal illness, but passed it off to an emergency room physician who could not believe she was not aware of her condition, having been treated by Dr. Bowen for almost five years. She is in very poor shape and has been in and out of consciousness since being admitted on 10/08/2008. This is the most disturbing act of either greed or ego that I have ever seen, How does a Dr. continue to see and treat patients when it is more then obvious he is long past due for leaving medicine. His own physical and mental poverty is no excuse for willful misconduct and gross negligence. I pray no other Dr. would ever put a patient and family through this Hell.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2008

Dr. Aaron R. Bowen's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Ameritas