Ratings for Dr. David Koegler

This guy is a sociopath. Possibly the worst doctor I have ever dealt with in my life. Make the trip to Calgary. Don't bother with this idiot. You will leave not knowing a thing about what is going on with your physical health. He is extremely rude and unhelpful. He will talk down to you. He is disrespectful. I woke up during a colonoscopy. He had the nurses hold me down while he kept hurting me. I couldn't do a thing because I was too drugged up. Why would he do something like that? I don't know. I am not sociopath that only cares about pushing people through as fast as possible for a bigger payday.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

I have seen this Dr. for quite some time. He has been honest while still keeping my spirits up in some of the roughest moments on my life. One of them being while I was pregnant/after birth. He is encouraging and high spirited and maybe some take that as unattentive but in the medical world the see someone with a smile on there face is rare. Since he is the only one south of Calgary yes he is late and doesnt have all the time in the world but consider everyone he has to see and treat. For those complaining about his retiring he is training someone but it will not replace the bond we have made through a terrible illness. He is a unique spirit and I am grateful to have had him through some very dark times.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I've been seeing him for 32 years and now with my latest flare up I can't seem to get him to take it seriously. He is definitely ready to retire. He shows no interest in thinking outside the box, he laughs at my questions like I don't know what's going on and writes in my file continuously that 'patient refuses to take treatment or advice'. I know that what he is suggesting isn't the problem. He has dismissed me because he just doesn't know the answer. Sorry Dr. K, it's time to pass the reins to an eager beaver that keeps up with the latest.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

One of the worst doctors I have ever seen and I am 53 years old. He asked if I had heartburn and that was it. I was referred to him to get an endoscopy he refused unless I had heatburn. What do esophogeal varices (from liver problems) have to do with heartburn? Like many others have said DON'T SEE HIM get referred to a doctor in Calgary!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr Koeglar was always great to me. That was many years ago. I will be seeing him soon and look forward to getting some of my health issues sorted out.This Dr has worked long and hard for way too many years. Glad we still have him.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Dr. Koeglar is very rude and completely incompetent.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Knowledgable, personable, efficient, punctual, compassionate. Myself and two family members have seen him off and on for over ten years.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

Horrible doctor. I have been seeking a diagnosis for years and when I was referred to Dr. Koegler I thought for sure I would never get one. He came into the room super late. Made me feel like I knew nothing. Didn't answer any of my questions. When I mentioned that I had the symptoms of someone with Crohn's it was as though he scoffed at me and continued to say that I looked like someone with IBS and that it wasn't necessary that I get a colonoscopy. My husband and I walked out of the office feeling worse than when we went in. I then asked my MD refer me to someone in Calgary. I was given an appointment in only a little over a week, she left us feeling hopeful and had a colonoscopy scheduled for 2 weeks from then. Turns out that I do in fact have Crohn's, a real diagnosis, no thanks to Dr. Koegler who could give a crap about his patients. This evening I received an email from a friend who had an appointment with him today and came from it feeling the exact same way. Wow. Retire already

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

This doctor did next to nothing to help me. I was diagnosed with crohn's and even had surgery related to it. I was referred to him because the next closest specialist was in calgary. He was never or remotely close to being on time, and when I did eventually get to "see" him I didn't get to say anything, even when he asked me if I had any questions! All I got from seeing him was a prescription, a feeling I wasted my time, and felt that he thought he was wasting his time on me. I got worse under his "care" and soon switched to going to calgary. Totally worth the drive. Every time.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

I have seen this doctor for 22 years. At times he has a short attention span, but as a patient, remember, its not a social call. Be direct, and to the point. He is the only doctor south of Calgary that specializes in IBD (an area that has the highest rate of Crohn's in the world). I get along with him fine. He is human and will have his impatient moments, especially if a patient is "wasting his time". I am very happy that he is here. He does listen to what I say/suggest, with loads of respect. He does keep potentially scary info from you until he is certain. I could not imagine being as sick as I can get, and having to drive to Calgary. I can't even handle the 20 minutes to his office. I will be VERY sad when the day comes when he retres.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Dr. David Koegler's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This guy is a sociopath. Possibly the worst doctor I have ever dealt with in my life. Make the trip to Calgary. Don't bother with this idiot. You will leave not..."

November 27, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.chinookprimarycarenetwork.ab.ca/clinics/clinic.php?view=12". Postal Code has been updated from "T1H0" to "T1K 3M5". Address has been updated from "None" to "2931 20 Avenue South". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14033282326".

June 4, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have seen this Dr. for quite some time. He has been honest while still keeping my spirits up in some of the roughest moments on my life. One of them being whi..."

March 11, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I've been seeing him for 32 years and now with my latest flare up I can't seem to get him to take it seriously. He is definitely ready to retire. He shows no ..."

December 1, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "One of the worst doctors I have ever seen and I am 53 years old. He asked if I had heartburn and that was it. I was referred to him to get an endoscopy he refus..."

October 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Koeglar was always great to me. That was many years ago. I will be seeing him soon and look forward to getting some of my health issues sorted out.This Dr ha..."

September 16, 2014