Ratings for Dr. Tina Marcantel

I feel gave me some helpful information, but overall didn't solve my problem and I am unclear on accuracy of saliva testing for hormones. I would suggest going to reputable Ob/Gyn or Gynecologist that specializes in female hormones and do research on these Medical Doctors before choosing. It can really save you the grief and quality of life.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

She knows hormone imbalances very very WELL. I have been suffering for over 8 years after having a child and she is getting me back to normal after I have wasted time with my precious health and money with Gynecologists to Endocrinologists. Dr. Tina has significantly improved my quality of life. LOVE Dr. Tina!

Submitted March 13, 2015

If you want someone to listen to you and help you figure out all the things that 'aren't wrong with you' according to other doctors...Dr. Marcantel is the place you need to go! I literally suffered for almost my whole life before I found Dr. M. A total hysterectomy crashed whatever little health I had remaining. I saw Dr. M as a referral from a very kind woman in a health food store. Dr. M. was compassionate and caring and starting helping me feel a little physically better within hours. Over time she has made all of my symptoms so much better. We work together and she truly listens. My husband swears she has saved my life more than once. If you are suffering with menopausal, hormonal, post-hysterectomy, thyroid pain you should consider seeing Dr. M. I went to a few of the high-priced, much-hyped 'alternative women' docs and they didn't help me at all.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

Dr. Tina Marcantel was very knowledgeable and helpful. I felt like she really cared about helping me, whereas I feel most doctors only care about the pay. You can tell she really cares about her patients! Thank you Tina!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

Dr. Tina has proven to be such a consistent source of knowledge, genuine care, support, and encouragement in my life. I began my journey with Dr. Tina over four years ago when I came to her with several symptoms that she later found to be caused by Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (which had gone undiagnosed in me for years) and Estrogen Dominance. Dr. Tina took the time to actually listen to me and she empowered me by helping me to realize that I am capable of changing my life; that was such a powerful lesson for me. I felt thoroughly cared for after my first visit (which was an hour long - you never get that much time in conventional places!) and over the years, she has provided some counseling to really get to the actual cause of the issues I had. I had no idea that so many things in my life were affecting my health, but through her persistent, kind, empowering, and compassionate care, I have grown as a person and now experience a quality of life that I wouldn't have reached without her. :)

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

Was put on thyroid medication because blood tests indicated low T4 (was only 1 point below normal) and my TSH was normal. As a result my thyroid became overactive and I began losing my hair and am still losing it after a few months. After blood tests my TSH was extremely low. Marcantel said that a low TSH is normal and this happens all the time. I consulted a hair loss specialist who informed me that my hair loss was from too much thyroid medications and the hair loss would have to run its course. I have suffered a lot of anguish from this as losing hundreds of hairs each day is pretty hard and wondering when it will stop. I am a healthy person otherwise and have found it ver hard to deal with this. When I phoned Dr. Marcantel for advice on what to do, she was not sympathetic at all and asked me what I would like to do about the situation. She said that this happens all the time. It is really sad that someone so unqualified in this field is able to write prescriptions. Beware

flag | Submitted August 9, 2012

Very knowledgeable about hormone/endocrinology/thyroid issues.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

Very helpful, spent over an hour with me the first visit. She listened to what I had to say :)!!!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2008