You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Isabelle Hughan

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I too, am extremely disappointed with the mannerisms of her husband, both on the phone and in the office. You are treated as if you are a bloody pain in the neck and not a patient who is in need of help. If you are ill and need to see Isabelle, there is not a chance that you are going to be able to do that, because you have to book an appt. two to three weeks in advance. All right then I think I am going to have the flu six weeks from now, let me call up that rude person who answers the phone and make an appointment for my up-coming flu.Maybe I will get lucky. This is not how a doctor should run her practice. Compassion and availability (within limits) are a must or no matter how wonderful a doctor you are, you are simply not doing what your job asks for if your patients who are in need cannot reach you. I am looking for a new doctor thank you.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I really like Dr Hughan as she is kind and is easy to talk to but it does take at least a werk to two weeks to get in to see her modt very time I've needed to get medical advice or help, so unfortunately when you're really not feeling well waiting for an appt for two weeks is not possible, so I have just been going down to the clinic instead. I have found it to also now be a really awkward situation with her husband running the reception! ! I have had him lie to me, not get prescription faxes signed and sent back for days and days when my pharmacy has then had to resend the fax and me calling 2-3 times to see if it's been done and it never is !! It's just unfortunate that I am looking for a new Doctor now only because of the attitude and way I've been treated by the receptionist ( her husband). I have worked in MANY Dr's offices and never have seen this office dynamics and I hold off even making ( trying to make) appts because I feel like I need to almost convience her husband that I do really need to come in. .. it's like a fire wall you have to get through to get to her! Like I had mentioned, I do like Dr. Hughan but the tension, and resistance from the reception stand in the way of me even seeing her and I actually hate calling there because I know he truly does not act like he wants to be there and just gets to things when he feels like it but I now have dental surgery tomorrow and no prescription for afterwards because the pharmacy has not got any reply from both my calls, and two faxes that have been sent!! To me that is not ok or right at all to leave a patient without meds that they take daily and now haven't had for 3 days! ! I hope this one day changes and a non relative works at her practice because a lot of patients I've spoken to fell the exact same way!!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

I would be lost with out Dr Isabelle's compassion and listening and care. I am very very grateful to her as my conditions are not straight forward and are very complex. Thankyou Bella

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Very friendly and caring! Easy to talk to and never rushes you out.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Dr Bergstrom was my doctor since before I was born, and he delivered me. He was amazing. I was very sad to hear he was selling his practice. Dr Hughan is a very kind woman and super easy to talk to but I've had a couple of problems since her husband has taken over the front desk. I think she would benefit if she hired someone who was experience in the medical reception field.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Submitted March 30, 2015

Dr. Isabelle Hughan's Credentials

Updates

• A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Could benefit from a more experienced and polite receptionist. Could also assist with keeping appointments on time. "

January 27, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I too, am extremely disappointed with the mannerisms of her husband, both on the phone and in the office. You are treated as if you are a bloody pain in the nec..."

November 5, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I really like Dr Hughan as she is kind and is easy to talk to but it does take at least a werk to two weeks to get in to see her modt very time I've needed to g..."

October 27, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "She's awesome. Dr. Bergstrom was happy to get her to take over his practice. With his stamp of approval I knew she's be a good doctor and she is."

June 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would be lost with out Dr Isabelle's compassion and listening and care. I am very very grateful to her as my conditions are not straight forward and are very ..."

June 4, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Very friendly and caring! Easy to talk to and never rushes you out. "

May 11, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "We love her. She is a terrific caring doctor who truly listens and does not stop till thingss are done."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Bergstrom was my doctor since before I was born, and he delivered me. He was amazing. I was very sad to hear he was selling his practice. Dr Hughan is a ver..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Hughan( Bella) is kind compassionate and listens well and very open to your thoughts and requests. Thankyou for your kind and supportive care."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The front desk , leaves a lot to be desired. He, her husband is a pompous as- , very arrogant and uncaring, , belle is a sweetheart. Dr. Berg strom assured us ..."

March 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Hughan is an excellent family doctor with and hands-on no-nonsense approach."

March 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great compassionate caring doctor, joy to visit her."

March 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor, joy to visit, knowledgable compassionate and caring."

March 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor, joy to visit. "

March 20, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Where would I be with out Dr Hughan...lost. My medical situation is complex....she cares and listens and also is willing to learn what is what and never says c..."

March 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A joy to visit, and very willing to both listen and advocate for her patients. The wait time has been greatly improved - she stays mostly on schedule and the on..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "People need to be able to reach and book appointments with their family doctor. Clearly it wouldn't be a pressing matter for a "boo boo", as written below....b..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Nice doctor , caring and knowledgable. Not really liking what s going on with the phones, appointments and front counter since Joanne left. I too have phoned ..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "She is a compassionate and authentic doctor, she treats her patients with respect and dignity that they deserve."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best doctor I've ever had. Bella is compassionate and authentic, very present with you. She is one of the most caring people I know, and is equally intelligent..."

February 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best Doctor I've ever had! Such a wonderful, caring lady! And to those crying about the mistake the office had with not playing the "I'm away" message, it's a..."

January 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great gracious copassionate doctor. To the previous comments "OMG first world problems, you called 20 times and they didn't answer the wealth of doctors availab..."

January 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor, caring compassionate and takes time to look after patients."

January 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have phoned Dr. Hughan's office exactly 20 times in the last two days. TWENTY. During phone hours. No one can sort out how to answer the phone, which makes it..."

January 7, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hughan is a lovely and easy person to speak with. Since having her husband become the front desk receptionist/admin, the phone is rarely answered and it is..."

January 7, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "kind, considerate, personable and compassionate What more could you want"

December 7, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "always found Dr Hughan to be very knowledgeable,kind,thoughtful concerned and helpful She had a tough to do in taking over Dr Berkstroms practice as he was well..."

December 3, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Bella Hughan is a fantastic, caring family doctor. She works really hard and puts in the time with every patient to make sure that they get the help that they n..."

November 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hughan is amazing! I had been having stomach problems for months. I went to a walk in clinic while she was on and she ordered the test that finally got to t..."

October 7, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Above and beyond the best Doctor. I am blessed and grateful that she takes care of my son. By Jennifer Folk"

September 3, 2014
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "N"

November 21, 2013
  • City changed from "Wilson''s Creek" to "North Vancouver"

October 29, 2013