Ratings for Dr. Robert Penning

Dr. P and his wonderful team have taken great care of me and my family. Wish I could go to a medical office like this!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Thank you Dr.Penning. Yesterday my mouth seemed ok. Today? Yikes! A cracked tooth with a possible abscess. And on a beautiful, sunny, warm, Sunday of all times for this to happen. The pain!. So I didn't know if I should go to the hospital emergency or some clinic. I happened to go online and found Dr Penning's office number and on the site was his personal emergency contact number. But on a Sunday? So when I called the number, I actually got in touch with Dr. Penning. He asked me my problem and said he could not give any sort of diagnosis over the phone and asked me to meet him at his Schomberg office immediately. Really? I asked. On a Sunday? So off I went to his office. He met me there with an assistant. Together they did a fantastic job on my tooth, restoring it with a temporary filling, and instructed me to return once the tooth settled down after the use of prescribed antibiotics. So, Dr. Penning and Deb, the assistant, thank you very much for giving up part of your Sunday and taking care of my terrible tooth ache. Service like this is rare and I genuinely appreciate your thoughtful consideration. A job well-done. Thank you very much.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

Dr. Robert Penning's response
No problem-you were in obvious pain-you need to thank Deb next time-she drove 30 minutes no questions asked to help-see you next week!

Submitted April 17, 2016

I know a few people that have went to Dr P including myself seemed like a nice guy and staff too. However when I called back about a major concern that I was having after some work done receptionist said he would get back to me however that never happened but did get a friendly card for a reminder check up. Also as I said earlier had two other friends do some work there and one of them has had some constant pain issues maybe im not the only unlucky guy?? I will not bash anyone online but I can assure you my problem was quite serious regardless of other peoples comments and that is very disturbing to me that I never even got a call since after explaining I had a serious problem and needed to go elsewhere to resolve it

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

Dr. Robert Penning's response
Oh my! Don't like hearing about people falling in the cracks. My front-line telephone staff is trained as follows: I cannot diagnose problems over the telephone and that, unless someone has made threats or were overly rude, the reasonable course of action is to make an appointment. As we all live busy lives, I can answer questions by email in some cases. If I am away such as the last two weeks, another dentist in the practice will see them. Finally, as I take very seriously the potential for pain in my patients so both my home and personal cellphone numbers are on our answering service.

Submitted April 17, 2016

An unbelievably amazing dentist! Will make you want to come back to that office often.. Not that I'd have tons of problems in my mouth but just the staff is so accommodating and friendly on top of Dr. Penning being at his best all the time.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Dr. Robert Penning's response
Thank for taking the time to post this - always nice to her positive feedback!

Submitted April 17, 2016

I couldn't be more greatful for an amazing dentist he cares so much about his patients, I have been with him for 8 years and wouldn't go anywhere else even when he left barrie we followed him he is extremely helpful great sense of humour and it's a very calming environment. His prices are great and when you are stuck he helps you out I highly recommend him and his staff and truly caring about people thank you Dr Penning for all you do for my family

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

It has been 10 years since Dr. P helped change my life and I wanted to give him and his staff a big shout-out. My teeth were hideous and I never smiled. The day it all changed seems like yesterday it is so clear. I have since moved and my dentist and hygienist still comment on them.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

Worst dentist ever, brings his dog into a sterile office. Office staff not helpful. Previous dentist on staff was very good.

Submitted October 24, 2012

Dr. Robert Penning's response
Interesting but nonsensical...review occurred 24 hours after practice was sold. I (Dr. Penning) was the first/founding dentist of the practice therefore no 'previous dentist'. A dog did therapeutic visits for phobic patients. A review with an agenda though hard to figure out except to be totally negative...???

Submitted November 3, 2015

Like other posters on here, Dr. Penning is great but I think the prices are steep compared to other availble dental offices in Barrie. The other dental offices I've been to are just as friendly and the price is even better. For a check up and a cleaning $325 seems to be a little too much for me and I can't really afford that. Oh, and they charge a fee if you ever need to cancel at the last minute ($75.00). I was never charged a cancellation fee anywhere else, so it seems to me, other dental offices are more understanding about special circumstances.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2010

Dr. Robert Penning's response
You are correct, $325 is not normal for a checkup and a cleaning. Sounds like we should have given you more information before booking - a more thorough Comprehensive Exam is about 80 minutes while a checkup is 3-7 minutes, depending. The number of x-rays will vary as will the time needed to do a proper cleaning. A full exam, basic x-rays and one hour of cleaning does add up to around 325. As for the cancellation fee, we strive to get you in and out on time and use the fee to help keep our schedule exact, not to help our revenue.

Submitted November 3, 2015

Had a missing front tooth, major decay and disintegration that my previous dentist of 10 years was at a loss to know where to even begin treating. Dr. Penning was recommended to me by a friend who told me he would be able to take care of my tooth issues. Dr. Penning examined me and set up a plan of action within a couple of days. He removed the decay,restored my missing front tooth and had my mouth looking better than ever in three visits. If you are looking for a positive dental experience, I could not recommend anyone more highly than this dentist.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009

Dr. Robert Penning's response
Glad you are happy - it is hard to feel like moving forward when you don't feel like you can open your mouth in public. Reactions like yours are so rewarding - Thanks!

Submitted November 3, 2015

I had a toothache that another dentist couldn't find. He figured it out and did all the treatment himself. Can't say enough about the whole place. Has great staff too.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2008

Dr. Robert Penning's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

GHI