Ratings for Dr. David A. Palaia

Have so much to say. Ladies this is worth reading. I had 30 year old implants that were both a grade IV contracture. The right breast was even worse than a grade IV. I basically lived with the contracture through a pregnancy and many years after in fear of having more surgery. It took me years & many Dr's visits to finally make my final decision. Mind you I saw Dr's out of State & In New York. I always went right back to Dr. Palaia. He was always very honest and never minced his words. Maybe It wasn't always what I wanted to hear yet that was actually what drew me back to him over the years. Well here we go as the story to healing begins. Last year about the same time around September I was scheduled to remove the implants en-block if possible and do a lift since my implants were over the muscle and Dr. Palaia told me he wouldn't do the surgery w out a lift since he knew that the results were not going to be favorable at all if I just left all this skin to hang. Please note I am about 5-5 & weigh about 120. I had such faith in Dr. Palaia that I left it all up to his judgment. Woke up in my hospital room with drains on both sides of my chest to prevent any infection or hematoma. I really wasn't in much pain. Went home the next day and began my journey to healing. To be honest it was very hard to see myself in the mirror. Yet I felt such a sense of relief. I finally wasn't feeling this awful bowling ball on my chest! I went back for my post op & as always Dr. Palaia and his entire staff were so kind. Dr. Palaia not once made me feel rushed or that any of my many questions weren't worth answering. As time progressed/ months went by. I felt wonderful yet felt I needed some sort of breast! Went back to see Dr. Palaia through out 2018/ 2019 to talk to him re maybe putting in an implant again. Wow that took a lot for me to finally agree to what has seemingly caused me so much pain and discomfort for years. Yet once again having faith in Dr. Palaia's words and approach put me at ease. I never once felt he wouldn't do the right thing by me. Fast forward to October 16th, 2019. Woke up at 4 in the morning and off I went to Northern Westchester. Funny this time I was completely at ease. I was actually excited. Came home that day and never took one pain pill, drove myself to my post-op a week later and feel amazing......I look great too. This man is truly a gift to us all. I'm tearing up as I right this because I am so grateful for Dr. Palaia. He has given me back part of what makes us feel like woman. I look in the mirror and have no idea how he made me look so perfect after what I was left with. Please ladies if you are in a situation such as I was, you don't have to live in pain or discomfort. It may take a year to fully do things the right way but it's worth every bit of that year. Dr. Palaia will only do what he feels is best. As said it may not be what you want to hear but you want a surgeon to paint the real picture not this image that isn't possible. If you have to travel to New York I promise it's worth it. I have told the office I am more that happy to talk to any patient needing to see and speak to me re what I went through. Hope I've maybe help any of you reading this.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2019

I have had three corrective cosmetic procedures over the years. Dr. David Palaia of Mt. Kisco, New York, performed the last surgery. He is in a different league than my prior surgeons. Dr. Palaia listened to me and truly cared about me as a person. Post-surgery, Dr. Palaia and his staff were always available to answer my many questions while recuperating. I am thrilled with the outcome and so glad I chose Dr. Palaia for this procedure.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2018

Had an excellent result. Would highly recommend Dr. Palaia and staff

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018

Dr. Palaia is an amazing plastic surgeon. After many years of waiting I finally got my "mommy makeover". I could not be happier with the results and I can feel my old confidence has returned. He is a true master at perfecting whatever it is you are trying to fix/change. He is understanding and patient and is always available before and after the entire process is over. I am so thankful that I picked the right surgeon to give me exactly what I had hoped for all this time. His office staff is kind, always punctual, and I have been treated far more like family than a patient.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

IT IS TRULY DIFFICULT TO FIND THE WORDS TO FULLY EXPRESS HOW AMAZING I FEEL AND HOW HAPPY I AM WITH MY NEW YOUNGER LOOK. DR. PALAIA AND HIS STAFF ARE EXTREMELY KIND AND THEY MAKE YOU FELL VERY RELAXED. DR. PALAIA DID AN AMAZING JOB WITH MY FACE LIFT AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER. IT HAS ONLY BEEN 3 WEEKS SINCE MY SURGERY AND I HAVE HAD VERY LITTLE BRUISING. i WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. PALAIA TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND RELATIVES, SOME ARE ALREADY MAKING AN APPOINTMENT TO MEET WITH HIM.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

I'm in my 50s and 6 weeks post off from lower face and breast lifts. I feel and look great. All I hear is Did you lost weight or change your hair ? My neck is smooth and looks like it did 20 years ago. The results are natural and I couldn't be happier. Thanks Dr. Palaia and Staff.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

I'm a 53 yr old male who has suffered from large sagging breasts due to being overweight from youth until I lost about 80 lbs in my 20's. I've lived for years under baggy shirts, never being able to take off my shirt at the beach and always had to hear a few man boob comments. I decided to finally see about my options. I met with Dr Palaia and he explained what he could do and addressed all of my concerns. I decided to go for it, and today I'm 1 week post op and I couldn't be happier with the results! I have a completely normal chest and my nipples are where they belong. Dr Palaia is outstanding. Any guys out there with saddle bag breasts like I had do not have to live like that. I'm much more confident and I can't wait to go swimming without a shirt!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I am a 12 year breast cancer survivor. I went to Dr Palaia to have my second set of implants replaced. I don't have a good track record, having already had reconstructive surgery after a bilateral mastectomy, followed by total implant replacement in 2010 - neither of which were performed by Dr Palaia. I believe I presented as quite a challenge given the state of my current implants, the thin skin and the fact that I've had multiple surgeries. I LOVE the way I look since my surgery and much more importantly, for the first time in 12 years -- I no longer feel the tightness and discomfort that I had learned to live with since my original surgery. In my first consultation with Dr Palaia what I really appreciated was his honesty. He told me that he couldn't make any promises as to whether the surgery would or wouldn't relieve my discomfort. He told me exactly what he was going to do (which is leading edge reconstructive surgery). Things have really changed/improved in the 12 years since my original surgery and Dr Palaia is an outstanding plastic surgeon who is highly skilled in these new procedures. Once I was back at home after surgery I needed to speak to Dr Palaia. He returned my husband's phone call very quickly. We were both impressed. His office staff complement his style -- very kind and professional. If you are considering this type of surgery I highly recommend Dr Palaia. He's the best. Edit review

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I chose to have a double mastectomy after a DCIS diagnosis. The first time I met Dr. Palaia, for reconstruction surgery, he explained options. Some of which I had not heard of before. I got upset and wondered if this was the right thing to do. He knew this was too much for me to handle at that time. He told me I don't need to make a decision now. He suggested I read about these options and make another appointment to discuss them. I went back a week later. I was okay with anything he suggested. He didn't make any promises due to some issues I had. He tells you things you may not want to hear, but you need to know. For the first surgery, he was able to exactly what was planned, expanders with saline. Four months later he replaced the expanders with silicone implants. Dr. Palaia is very cautious and wants the best outcome. He listens and answers your questions. He and his staff are amazing.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

I recently had 3 surgeries from Dr. Palaia (abdominoplasty, thigh lift, and breast lift with bracheoplasty), and I couldn't be happier with the outcome of all three. I was around 500 pounds and lost almost 200 of it, but I had the hanging dead skin to go along with it. Dr. Palaia, and his staff were very professional and they gave me my new life! He knew his stuff very well and I honestly couldn't ask for more. I strongly suggest Dr. Palaia for anyone considering cosmetic surgery! He's truly the greatest!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

Dr. David A. Palaia's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1985)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal