Ratings for Dr. Alwin Lui

Dr. Lui was extremely good and caring giving equal importance to the simple and more concerning conditions. His physical exams were detailed and referral to specialists when needed always appropriate. My family was sad when we heard that he is moving. We wanted him to be our doctor forever because he is simply the BEST. We wish him all the best but hoping that he will come back.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

So sad he has moved, but my husband and I really appreciated his thoroughness, patience, and good listening skills

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

I'm in my mid fifties, in general good health and active. Dr Lui was extremely good and caring giving equal importance to the simple and more concerning conditions. His physical exams were rigourous and refferal to specialists whe needed always appropriate. I belive he understood my offce schedule and tried to accomodate an extra concern without having to re-schedule. I'm very upset that he decided to move - he'll be hard to replace

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

So bummed about Dr Lui moving to another province in Dec 2016. I thought he was going to be my doctor my entire life. Whoever gets to be his patient , wow, they won the Golden Health Ticket. My daughter teared up when she heard he's moving. I can't tell you how great he is., how patient and knowledgeable. Good luck, Dr Lui! But just as I told him at my last appointment, I'll always hope you're moving back to Calgary one day. N. A. O.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

Dr Lui is the best doctor I've ever had. Very attentive and caring. Staff is just so so, but he is worth it.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Have been seeing dr Lui for quite a few years now. Fantastic at helping you with problems and very compassionate. Staff could be much better. Not so worried about his punctuality because I know that he takes the time he needs with each patient. Except when I was the first patient in the morning and he was 30 minutes late. Not happy about that.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

I have followed Dr Lui through three moves across the city and I would not think about changing to another doctor due to the moves. He is a doctor that truly listens to the patient and I never feel he is rushing through my appointment to get to the next patient . Dr. Lui has called me later at home in the evening to check on me when I was quite sick how many doctors bother to do that anymore.?? He always seems to be up on the latest information and is such a kind, patient doctor I always am comfortable talking to him about any medical problem . He also has a great sense of humor. I just hope he likes practicing in Calgary and I can have him for my doctor for many years to come

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

I would recommend Dr Lui to anyone, but I think he is not taking new patience. I feel very lucky to have found him. He has been my Doctor for about 5 years. Yes he is busy but he always takes time to talk with you about your health. I have had other Doctors in Calgary, that were a waste on my time. To book an appointment takes about 7 days. I have many people saying there family doctor takes a month, that is crazy( i do not care how good they are, you could be dead in a month). I say thank you for Caring.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Dr. Lui has been my doc for about 5 years I think. I think the world of him as a professional and have at all times been treated with the most respect by him and the office staff. I have never experienced any form of disrespect from either Dr.Lui or his staff because I am of a difference ethnic background. I have been in the office when the staff becomes short with patients but in my experience it is because of how the staff is being treated. I hope that everyone can keep in mind that the staff is there to assist the Doc in ooffering quality care and not there to continue answering medical questions that they do not have the training to provide. The rest of my family see another wonderful Doctor but because of the strong relationship that I have formed with Dr. Lui and the very attentive care I receive from him I would never consider leaving his practice.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I have had Dr. Lui has my family doctor for many years. I disagree with some of the negative comments left here. He is very caring, attentive and goes well beyond the call of duty. I lived abroad and when I came back, he ordered many tests and through his diligence and persistence, I have found out that I have other diseases and illnesses that would have gone undetected, if it were not for Dr. Lui's proactive medical approach. At a time when I had a major liver enzyme levels increased, he followed up and would even call me after hours. It is fair that one should go to a doctor, one issue per appointment. Otherwise, the wait times would be even more ridiculous. I also find the staff at Dr. Lui's office to be the most courteous, friendly, humorous that I have ever been to. I actually hate going to the doctor but because during a two year period I had to go frequently, their presence and overwhelming friendliness and helpfulness has made my experience quite pleasant. IF you even have the chance to have Dr. Lui as your family GP, you should consider yourself luckier than a lottery ticket winner!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015