You may also like

Rate Dr. William Carroll

Dr. William Carroll's Ratings

I saw Dr Carroll recently to query some nerve sensations I had been experiencing. Dr Carroll was professional and knowledgable and able to diagnose my condition and offer advice. I would not hesitate to see him again, I recommend others to see Dr Carroll if you want peace of mind and confidence in a diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2818024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

My partner has recently been diagnosed with seizures. We would be in a better position to write a review if we could actually see him. We had one appointment last year and all subsequent appointments (despite us advising that the medication hadn't stopped the seizures) have been cancelled. One was for March then changed to May and then changed back to March and then cancelled again. So we need to find someone else who we can actual see!! Linda Albany February 2015

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2736303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

Quite literally owe my life to this man more times than I can remember. If your health is at a level of concern where you require the referral of a doctor of this calibar you should not be worried about small things like "he hurt my feelings", rather, he will help my health. The answer is most definately yes.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2724038].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2015

I have been diagnosed with MS nine years ago.
In my opinion this is the most thorough and knowledgeable medical professional I've ever met.
There is no nonsense or time wasting just straight to the point.
Dr Carroll is far too busy for this.
Those who criticise should find out little bit more what this person really does for his patients, for neurological science and medicine in general.
We are lucky to have the opportunity to be seen and treated by Dr Carroll.
Those who are so sensitive and getting so easily upset should seek psychological help in the first place.
Prof Carroll is one of the best known professionals (neurologists) in the world.
As I've said he is far too busy for this nonsense.
An opinions written in such offending manner are not fair, neither truthful.
Those who need smile , patting and counselling should think twice.
I am ill and not well but realistically look at medicine.
Excellent Neurologist indeed!!!!!!
Leszek

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2678701].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2015

If you are at all sensitive or easily offended, Dr Carroll may not be the Dr for you. However, his no-nonsense attitude and knowledge made him a wonderful Dr for me. I was bounced around several design for years who had no idea what was wrong and he was the first to give me a diagnosis

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2555944].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

I took my son who was recently diagnosed with severe MS to see Dr Carroll. Up until then my son and I have felt not only victims of this debilitating disease, but victims of the medical staff who seemed to be the only ones benefiting the treatments assigned to my son. We were given little if any information about MS, its treatments, or its outcome. And no type of family support to help us cope. We weren't looking for a sugar coating, or asking for false hope, we needed information, we wanted the truth. I found Dr Carrolls direct approach a welcome source in our quest to at least improve my sons quality of life. He is the strength we needed to encourage our fight, our war, against Multiple Sclerosis. Both mine and my sons ability to cope and prepare ourselves for what may lay ahead has vastly improved to what it was only a few short weeks ago. Dr Carroll is a welcome ali in our struggle, and we are very grateful for his knowledge and understanding. So if its sugar coating, and someone to dance around the ugly truth your looking for, he may not be the doctor for you. But if its the facts and a strategic game plan you need, you wont get a better, more caring Doctor, than Dr Carroll.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2514043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2501538].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

I accompanied my dad to his appointment and found Dr Carroll's demeanour to be the worst I have ever experienced. We were both completely shocked and speechless by his arrogant, rude and patronising attitude. My dad is very hard of hearing and he couldn't hear Dr Carroll's instructions. When I repeated the Dr's instruction at a slightly louder volume so dad could understand, Dr Carroll suddenly told me to "be quiet" in a very rude tone. Then afterwards when we asked for the results he (quickly and abruptly) said "well the left hand is too far gone to save and the right hand will probably go the same way" while basically pushing us out the door. We were of course shocked by this first diagnosis and wanted a bit more of an explanation. He seemed extremely put out buy this request and then promptly told us to "go away and reflect on our words" after Dad quite innocently asked if he could have his hands operated on at his local country hospital. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2364001].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

I have seen Dr Carroll for over 5 years and is knowledgable & confident in his diagnosis & treatment. He is seen in high regard within the medical community and deservingly so. During my pregnancy he did make a bad call but my condition is unpredictable and it was a 50/50 situation however it did put my unborn child at risk. When having my husband in the room he has had terrible bedside manner being condescending and rude to my husband. However when it has just been myself, I have found Dr Carroll caring & understand, although he is an old fashioned and I can see how individuals might see him as cold. He has always listened to my concerns and addressed them. Explaining each of his decisions in relation to my condition. I believe all his decisions have always been in my best interests and people need to accept that there are unpredictable circumstances within neurology. I would certainly highly recommend Dr Carroll to others but no without commenting on his bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2364000].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

I would not recommend him, find another doctor. I left my appointment upset, I wish I had taken a family member to witness the arrogant, unprofessional behaviour of this professor.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][499228].votes_count ]]