You may also like

Stay away - saw Dr Carroll with nerve pain in one of my arms, I was beyond belief when he told me it was all in my head and was stunned by his arrogant, rude and patronizing demeanor, which has been well documented in other peoples reviews on this website. I subsequently saw a different specialist who diagnosed my nerve problem and successfully treated it. I note that some people have commented on this thread that proper bedside manner/courtesy aren't really important, but they are, but more importantly, is the specialists ability to make a correct and proper diagnosis . If a doctor does not listen to a patient, and behaves in a manner which does not instill much confidence in patients, then clearly this is a failing on their part in providing medical services to the public. Further, it is reasonable to expect that a doctor will conduct themselves in a professional manner and extend courtesy and respect to their patients. There is nothing noble or respectable about acting like a jerk towards patients. it goes without saying that effective doctor/patient communication is essential to the doctor gaining a full understanding of the patient's symptoms - if the patient does not feel comfortable to open up because they'll get shot down then this is not going to assist the doctor in treating them, as the doctor will be doing so without all of the facts.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I was a patient of Dr Carroll's for a number of years while unwell with epilespy and would often go into ED unconscious with what I believe his diagnosis being wrong as he said it was stress that made me unconscious and it was not a seizure. He would always have a poor "bed side manner" with no care or respect for me at all when speaking, especially in his rooms. I felt fortunate enough to be able to try and mention to the intern doctors and other staff that did "care and listen" in ED to not listen to his diagnosis regarding me for their own benefit as I had been born with epilespy having a paediatric Neurologist before hand. I am under better care now. Perhaps Dr Carroll can treat some things but not this.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Carroll's for many years and have always found him to be an excellent doctor and an amazing human being. He takes the time to check how you are overall and what has been going on in your life before discussing any health issues and has even taken the time to find out how my daughter has been when I have had her with me. I will be always grateful that he has been my doctor and the care and support he has provided me. he is so full of knowledge that the confidence you have in his ability is instantaneous and also fills you with confidence in yourself and your ability to deal with any hurdles you may have.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

DR Carroll saved my life and will forever be indebted to him. He may appear a bit intense and be misinterpreted but I have seen his humorous side too. I only see him as a great person who has helped and saved so many. He is a world class neurologist. He is there 100% for his patients. I am forever in debt to this great man.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

I had been diagnosed with one condition by many other doctors and was told it was causing my debilitating headaches that prevented me from living a normal life. 5 minutes with him and knew that the original diagnosis, although correct was not what was causing my headaches. A few injections later I walked out a changed person. He has a harsh demeanor but it didn't bother me, his knowledge and confidence in his diagnosis saved my eyesight and career and cured months of excruciating headaches in minutes. He isn't there to hold your hand he is there to get you feeling 100.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

I saw Dr Carroll recently to query some nerve sensations I had been experiencing. Dr Carroll was professional and knowledgable and able to diagnose my condition and offer advice. I would not hesitate to see him again, I recommend others to see Dr Carroll if you want peace of mind and confidence in a diagnosis.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

My partner has recently been diagnosed with seizures. We would be in a better position to write a review if we could actually see him. We had one appointment last year and all subsequent appointments (despite us advising that the medication hadn't stopped the seizures) have been cancelled. One was for March then changed to May and then changed back to March and then cancelled again. So we need to find someone else who we can actual see!! Linda Albany February 2015

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Quite literally owe my life to this man more times than I can remember. If your health is at a level of concern where you require the referral of a doctor of this calibar you should not be worried about small things like "he hurt my feelings", rather, he will help my health. The answer is most definately yes.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

I have been diagnosed with MS nine years ago. In my opinion this is the most thorough and knowledgeable medical professional I've ever met. There is no nonsense or time wasting just straight to the point. Dr Carroll is far too busy for this. Those who criticise should find out little bit more what this person really does for his patients, for neurological science and medicine in general. We are lucky to have the opportunity to be seen and treated by Dr Carroll. Those who are so sensitive and getting so easily upset should seek psychological help in the first place. Prof Carroll is one of the best known professionals (neurologists) in the world. As I've said he is far too busy for this nonsense. An opinions written in such offending manner are not fair, neither truthful. Those who need smile , patting and counselling should think twice. I am ill and not well but realistically look at medicine. Excellent Neurologist indeed!!!!!! Leszek

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

Dr. William Carroll's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Stay away - saw Dr Carroll with nerve pain in one of my arms, I was beyond belief when he told me it was all in my head and was stunned by his arrogant, rude an..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I was a patient of Dr Carroll's for a number of years while unwell with epilespy and would often go into ED unconscious with what I believe his diagnosis being ..."

January 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr Carroll's for many years and have always found him to be an excellent doctor and an amazing human being. He takes the time to check..."

November 25, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "DR Carroll saved my life and will forever be indebted to him. He may appear a bit intense and be misinterpreted but I have seen his humorous side too. I only s..."

November 4, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "First time I met him he came across as an arrogant tosser, doesn't smile, not friendly at all. "

October 25, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had been diagnosed with one condition by many other doctors and was told it was causing my debilitating headaches that prevented me from living a normal life...."

September 8, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr Carroll recently to query some nerve sensations I had been experiencing. Dr Carroll was professional and knowledgable and able to diagnose my conditio..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "My partner has recently been diagnosed with seizures. We would be in a better position to write a review if we could actually see him. We had one appointment la..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Quite literally owe my life to this man more times than I can remember. If your health is at a level of concern where you require the referral of a doctor of th..."

February 16, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been diagnosed with MS nine years ago. In my opinion this is the most thorough and knowledgeable medical professional I've ever met. There is no nonsens..."

January 10, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "If you are at all sensitive or easily offended, Dr Carroll may not be the Dr for you. However, his no-nonsense attitude and knowledge made him a wonderful Dr f..."

September 29, 2014