Ratings for Dr. Ross Hauser

Awesome staff, awesome doctor, treatment is the best in the world!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Dr Ross A Hauser is a bonafide messianic quake, although he means well, he is not fit to practice medicine. Based on approximately 2 years under his treatment, his absence of knowledge and misguided efforts caused me great harm, pain and suffering.......avoid him or suffer the consequences.

Submitted January 12, 2018

Dr. Hauser is better than most doctors I’ve seen for my problems, but I am not satisfied with the care I received at Caring Medical, and I’ve gone on to have better care from two other prolotherapists. On the positive side, Dr. Hauser diagnosed me with ligament damage, gave me treatments that reduced it slightly (I started with prolotherapy and eventually started getting PRP & prolotherapy), had me get tested for food allergies, and he had me get a DMX (digital motion x-ray) which showed that I definitely had tissue damage. I was happy with this initially because previously I’d gone to doctors that had denied I had damage because my MRI didn’t show any significant problems. However, I am not satisfied with his practice because I feel like I should have had a DMX done sooner, I should have also been looked at with guided ultrasound, I should have been getting PRP at the beginning, I wished he’d used amber PRP (not bloody PRP) on me, I’ve realized his injection techniques are way more painful than most prolotherapists, and I feel like he missed significant problems too. When I was looked at using ultrasound, another prolotherapist realized that my obliquus capitis inferior muscle was torn. Caring Medical didn’t do any injections there because they didn’t know it was torn. Just because there is damage there doesn’t make it the main source of my problems, and I don’t know how significant this finding is yet because I’ve only had one round of injections there, but the prolotherapist I’m currently seeing thinks this is a significant finding because Nocacain injections into that muscle lowered my pain AND muscle relaxers reduce my pain. I’m also not completely happy with the injections I got there because I’ve read articles on bloody PRP and found out that many prolotherapists recommend against it because it causes more flares (based on my experience, I agree with that), and it can inhibit stem cell growth. Dr. Hauser’s injections are also a lot more painful because he injects in a jabbing kind of way that is intended to create more inflammation (and hopefully more healing). I’m not convinced that really works well though because I’ve had better results going to other prolotherapists that don’t use his injection methods. On top of all that, I was allergic to the numbing cream he uses, and I found the Xanax in his office wasn’t as effective as the pills I got from my home pharmacy.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

I've had surgery to partially undue the damage he's done. I'm hoping more surgery will help correct all the damage he has done.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Overall a terrible, horrific, damaging "experience".....anyone who has had a negative experience with Dr Hauser & Caring Medical, contact the Illinois Attorney General's Medical unit at http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/consumers/healthcare.html, they can help prevent similar such events.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

A risky and dangerous procedure; has NOT been evaluated nor approved by FDA. After 16 "treatments", this therapy nearly crippled me. Exercise extreme caution

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

Before even considering this MD, read below and proceed with extreme caution: I personally experienced many several long-term adverse effects of Prolotherapy provided and administered by Dr. Hauser @ Caring Medical. On sixteen different occasions over a period of approximately 24 months, I was administered Prolotherapy/PRP and Stem Cell Prolotherapy by Dr. Ross Hauser @ Caring Medical & Rehabilitation. The treatments were described and intended to provide pain relief and greater hip mobility. The unforeseen and unanticipated long-term results were a pronounced worsening of my mobility and increased pain. These conditions began to manifest themselves late 2012 and gotten progressively worse during the subsequent three years. These procedures have not been evaluated by the FDA or AMA for long terms effects and effectiveness. The medical field is full of similar instances where treatments or products are prescribed, only to discover there are in fact latent defects in the same.

Submitted July 27, 2017

Healed my torn meniscus in both knees. I'm back to running marathons again!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I've been going to Dr. Hauser for approximately 5 years now for my knees - I'm 54 years old and bone on bone. Dr. Hauser has been one of the early experts in this field. CM also offers healthy lifestyle solutions for diet as well. I exercise daily feel like I have brand new knees every time I go. The advancements are getting better and I'm thankful I've been able to pass on knee replacement surgery and go a healthier route. Doc & staff amazing

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I knew before going to Caring Medical that Dr. Ross Hauser was one of the world's leading experts in prolotherapy. My daughter and I both suffer from LAX ligaments a condition called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. I have received one treatment to my neck with spectacular results one month later. Previously I experienced nausea and fatigue from my upper cervical spine being out of alignment. I couldn't run as my whole spine would vibrate afterwards. The other day as an experiment I went for a 20 minute run with no negative consequences. I am so excited. Most of all I am hopeful that I now won't develop osteoarthritis in my old age in my neck. As a former physiotherapist I realize how painful that would be. In addition Dr. Hauser and the staff are extremely warm and kind. I really can't say enough. I would certainly recommend both prolotherapy and Dr. Ross Hauser.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Dr. Ross Hauser's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Oak Park, IL