Ratings for Dr. Shaheen S. Ali

Totally incompetent staff - said my systolic BP was 400 and left the exam room saying it would go down. She wanted to participate in a social event with the other staff members so I was not important. Additionally, totally unresponsive to requests to send a referral for my wife. I have the feeling Dr Ali minimizes treatment - especially for older patients to gain insurance bonuses. I would avoid his practice!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2016

Dr. Ali is awesome. The other staff at his office are not. They have a policy that if you are late they won't see you. Which I understand. However when you are one minute late and had called to tell them you would be late they should still see you. I walked in and the receptionist said it was up to Jen the nurse practitioner, so she went back and asked if she would still see me. Jen said no. However, all Jen was doing was gossiping with the office staff and there were no other patients in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

I like this office in general, the staff is very friendly and punctual. My first two visits I had to see the APN because Dr. Ali wasn't available. Finally, for my third appointment I was able to see him (he was recommended by friends, and was the reason I came to this practice). I really like Dr. Ali's philosophy, personality, etc. However, he told me that because I'm an "uncomplicated" patient, he wants me to see his APN in the future so that it will "free up his time for the more complex patients." I wasn't thrilled with this - nothing against his APN, she is great, but it would be nice to be allowed to see the actual doctor without having to have some super complex, debilitating health problems. I will probably stay at this practice just because it's such a hassle to find a new doctor, but I would much prefer if Dr. Ali was willing to see me again in the future.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I wanted to ensure and write a review due to how impressed I was with Dr. Ali. At first, I was a bit hesitant only due to how long I had to wait for an appointment. However, I believe this speaks of how popular this physician is with his patients. It is very important that you are on time to appointments, otherwise they will reschedule you. This is the only way they can keep to a very efficient office schedule. I saw my doctor in 3 minutes from sitting down in the examination room. The room had comfortable chairs and nice views. Dr. Ali came in with an amazing smile, and a kindness that glows. He got right down to making sure I was comfortable, and then he started typing notes as to my health concerns. He was exceptionally attentive to each detail, he determined which health concerns needed immediate diagnostic labs, and which others he could address after the more immediate health threats were handled. I will include part 2 of my review in the next post.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr Ali is a great doctor to see if you don't have chronic health issues. He is very nice and punctual but always seems like he has no idea what my health issues are even though I have been a patient for almost a year. I see him monthly. He asks me if my symptoms could be caused by my meds or do you think it could be because of ....? He's the doctor, not me. His staff is completely unprofessional and dress inappropriately for a medical environment. I almost always have trouble getting my meds refilled timely or without five phone calls. I have issues with meds he wants me to start/stop. I feel like he has no idea what's going on with me. Then there is always the "uncomfortable " hug he forces on you at the end of the visit. Some people may be okay with the hug. It creeps me out. Again, he is very nice for people who don't have chronic health issues or someone who isn't on a variety of medications. I'm looking for a new physician right away.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

I love Dr Ali! He is very prompt and caring and listens to everything I have to say and answers ALL of my questions fully. He orders every test he thinks I need and has tried to reduce the amount of medicine I take. I think he is very intelligent and caring. On the other hand I find Velvet to be condescending and gives you strange looks as though she thinks you are lying or exaggerating something you tell her. I will NEVER go see Velvet again and found out from someone else that they had had the same situation with her as I did.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

After seeing the PA for almost two years, and seeing Dr Ali once, I will not be returning to this office. I would NOT recommended this office if you have serious and difficult help problems.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

Had been Dr Ali's Patient for two years. Not very easy to get an appt with him when you need to see him. Was having very severe headache. They give me an appt for two weeks. Had to go to urgent care multiple time. Once I finally go to see Dr Ali. He ordered some tests but never contacted me with the results. I had to go pick up the results myself from the lab and imaging center. When I noticed there were flags on my results I attempted multiple times to contact his office to discuss what I needed to do. NO ONE GOT BACK to me. I finally got office manager on the phone. I was crying and begging to speak to Dr Ali just to let me know what is wrong with me and what I need to do but she still didn't let me talk to him. After suffering from headaches for over two months I finally switched doctors and now they call me as soon as they get lab/imaging results and instruct me on what the next step is. My new doctor has even called me on the weekend to check on me. Dr Ali's office doesn't care!!!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

amazing caring doctor best that I have ever seen!Covers all bases and doesn't jump to conclusions. Spends a lot of time with you and really cares and makes you feel like he can fix the problem

flag | Submitted August 14, 2012

Does not listen well to patient issues. Too quick to use anti depressant drugs rather than find root cause of health issue. Ignored a cough that I had for several months--I finally went to another doctor to have it treated--I had a serious sinus infection.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2012

Dr. Shaheen S. Ali's Credentials

• Saba Univ Sch Of Med, Saba, Netherland Antilles (Grad. 2001)