Ratings for Dr. Timothy Sharp

Came in for a pinched nerve. Staying for his zany personality. Staff is great. I have the anxiety of a Chihuahua when it comes to both doctors offices and bone cracking back but every visit has been very comfortable. I'm impressed, so much I'm writing a review which I never do. Thank you to my friend for the referal & thank you Dr. Sharp.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2018

I always gravitate back to him as he is the most competent Chiropractor i know. CB

flag | Submitted September 25, 2018

Finding Dr. Sharp was serendipitous and a blessing in my life. I find him knowledgeable and he is consistently acquiring more knowledge to help his patients. His treatments have been very helpful in me gaining health and maintaining it. He has helped several members of my family. I compare each session to attending a class as he explains what protocol he is using and why. I admire his tender approach to infants. I have recommended Dr. Sharp to many people and will continue to do so. Keep up the good work Dr. Sharp.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

Dr. Sharp gives 110% to his patients as a chiropractor. His knowledge of the nervous system and the best way to get it fully functioning has been a tremendous benefit to me and my family. I can't imagine what condition I'd be in without my regular adjustments, massage & nutrition. He's not always on time, but I can see him giving each and every patient the time they need.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

After my appointment, I left with more problems then I arrived with and was in more pain than I came in with. Horrible and very rude. DO NOT GO.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2018

Dr.Timothy Sharp is the Canadian version of doctor Darren Schmidt from the States. They're passionate about health, energetic, and very knowledgeable. As an RMT, I recommended Dr. Sharp highly.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

We were patients of Dr Sharp's for many years. We tried to brush off certain things because we acknowledged that he was helpful to us at one time but his service really went down the tubes, in our opinion. The biggest thing? He stopped listening. More concerned about chatting with others in the open concept, didn't listen to concerns addressed or not in a position to listen because sometimes you don't want personal issues made public. My husband attempted to address a few personal concerns and Dr Sharp wouldn't listen, would dismiss it and advise him of a supplement he sold that would be better. (Xrays proved my husband wasn't making anything up and there were valid concerns that he was experiencing). He treats his staff extremely rudely and speaks to them so condescendingly, it's hard to watch. He pushes his supplements and minerals for everything and seems to care more about making a dollar than actually concerned about his patients overall health. We really wanted feel different, because we put a lot of years in (and money) as his patients (including our children), but finding a new chiropractor who actual listens, takes time (even when busy) and doesn't push the dollar bill makes a huge difference.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

I smiled as I read through these comments. Yes, sometimes he can be tardy in his appointments. I always try to plan for early in his day to reduce the likelihood I will have to wait to see him. Yes, he doesn't direct bill, which is a minor inconvenience. His open treatment room may not be to everyone's taste, although in these more litigious times, I can well see the advantage of having an open concept area. Besides, there are several more private treatment rooms if required. Quite simply, he is the best chiropractor Edmonton has to offer. He is constantly updating his learning and techniques for treatment.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

I was visiting family who live in Alberta. I am from Ontario. After many failed attempts at using the emergency hospital in Edmonton with no results, but lots of powerful medications and IV treatments, I was desperate and I decided to go elsewhere. I wanted to enjoy my visit. A friend recommended seeing Dr. Sharpe. I am so happy I listened to her. I thought I might be turned away because I was from out of town. To my surprise it wasn't a problem. I got to see him right away. I had severe head pain that Dr. Sharpe treated with care and compasision. Through a few appointments and using homeopathic medicines and chiropractic adjustments I was feeling much better. I was able to enjoy the rest of my visit. Following his treatment protocol when I returned home, I was 100% better within a short period of time. Dr. Sharpe went so far as to recommend a health care practioner in Ontario who he felt could deal with other issues I was having. I would call Dr. Sharp a holistic doctor because not only does he apply chiropractic protocols, he also is knowledgeable in homeopathic and other modalities. I want to add that at first I was a little uncomfortable with the open treatment room. First you are not naked and second what a wealth of information you can get from observing how he treats other patients and his critique of what he advises the patient to do. I found this fascinating. I am now back for another visit in Edmonton and hope to see Dr. Sharpe again for another issue.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

I have gone to Dr. Sharp for many years, and he has helped me with some issues no doubt. I like the fact that he’s an overall health provider, and doesn’t concentrate solely on cracking backs. When he’s paying attention, he’s amazing. The problem is, he only pays attention about half the time. For years, because he can be very good, I’ve overlooked all the things I don’t like about him and his practice. I’ve always hated the ‘open concept’ treatment room – too many people, no privacy, and he gets distracted and barely pays attention to the person he’s treating because he’s busy chatting with someone else. Because he overbooks (I think due to greed), wait times can be ridiculous, and when it is your turn, you don’t get the attention you deserve. It seems to me that the more money you spend there, the better care you get. Unless you’re a young pretty girl – that’ll buy you good care and lots of attention. He charges more than others I’ve been to. He’s regularly condescending and arrogant in general, and quite rude to his staff. He’s had many good employees over the years, but most don’t tend to stay long. Not to mention the minor inconveniences that they don’t direct bill insurance, and the downtown location with limited parking. Long story short, I’m sad to say, I’m done.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017