Ratings for Dr. Alan Hislop

I found Dr. Hislop to be extremely helpful to me and did his utmost to address my health issues. He is very people friendly and communicates easily with this patient. He would not hesitate to call me at home when needed. Great sense of humour, approachable and would actually listen and act on my input for my own health care/issues. He is greatly missed. All the best in his Alberta practice.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2012

I would hesitate about this office. When I first started going to Dr.Hislop, I felt he was very friendly and easy to talk to. This was enough for me I guess for a basic exam. But when a specific health condition came to be, I feel like either he or his staff completely dropped the ball. Noone had a clue as to what was going on..no follow up and they really did not care about something that was extremely important to me and my health. I immediately went to another office to have my health condition dealt with and they did so immediately and with concern. I am not sure if the problem lies with Dr.Hislop or his staff...but for me they go hand in hand...if his staff are incompetant, then he needs to either follow up with them or find new employees.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

Mr. Alan was our doctor when practising in Midland, Ontario. Dr. Alan was very caring, and always available upon short notice when a problem came up. Loved his sense of humour, which always put us at ease. We were very sad to hear that he had left the area to relocate to Alberta. Our loss, Alberta's gain.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

Horrible doctor and horrible experience. I will deliberately bring him up in conversation with friends to tell them NEVER to go see him. He was not concerned about our health or well being in general. It was an experience I will never forget, unfortunately.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

Is this the same Dr. Alan J. Hislop that has now moved to Calgary, Alberta practicing at Oasis Medical clinic? Based on a previous rating someone mentioned he was leaving the area. Regardless, this rating is for the Dr. Alan J. Hislop in Calgary, if it's the same doctor. The Dr. saw me quite promptly, 10 minutes after my appt time so I consider that very punctual, esp. for doc appts. As with all appts the staff asked why I need to see the doctor and I gave the ailment I was suffering from. When he came into the examination room he said hello but proceeded to "examine" me without asking me a single question. It was after his initial exam before he started to describe common problems due to the time of the year. I had to tell him a very specific symptom I had before he stopped in his tracks and had to re-diagnose my problem. I think he should talk with his patient and ask questions first before starting his exam and diagnosis with an initial assumption. Hence 4/5 for helpfulness.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2011

this is a very person friendly doctor, who goes out of his way to help his patients.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2011

Disapointed he had to leave the area. You will be missed Dr. Hislop!! We wish you the best!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2011

Dr Hislop has been my GP for 3 years and i think he is a great dr.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

Very helpfull, very lucky to have him as our doctor. Went to a clinic and he saw I needed more help so he told me to see him back at his practice office. I had no doctor and I asked him if he would take our family on and he agreed. Very Fortunate. He takes his time and explains things in an understandable way. Love his sense of humour! The office staff is very nice and easy to get ahold of. We can be seen quickly if need be.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2010

A Doctor who honestly cares about the patient more than the money. He has a great sense of humour which puts you at ease with him immediately. He is not afraid to say "I don't know" and will find the answer for you. I consider my family and I are among the ones who are lucky enough to have found a family doctor of this status.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010