Ratings for Dr. Monica L. Halem

My unpleasant experience was a waste of time and money. I was kept waiting for about 40 minutes mid-appointment while the doctor saw another patient; had I not stepped into the hallway, twice, to question an aide, the delay might have been even longer. Instead of apologizing upon her return, Dr. Halem initiated a modulated confrontation with me DURING THE PROCEDURE because I complained. I eventually discovered that she charged significantly more than other dermatologists and plastic surgeons in the area who perform the same work. The results were barely noticeable. I said as much to the nurse who called days later to follow up with me, but no attempt at restitution of any kind was made. As is the case with other posters I'm sure, this was written to perhaps benefit readers, not to be vengeful.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Dr. Halem was amazing. Attentive, thoughtful, spent a lot of time. Seemed to genuinely care about patients. Recommend very highly!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

Good doctor. She made me feel at ease. A little harried last time I saw her and a little stumped about that particular issue- but I believe she knows her stuff in general. Staff is nice too. When I called in for a problem that overlapped with another field- her staff was quick to speak to her and give me a stopgap solution until I was able to get in there. This is key- many busy offices- staff don't communicate with the doctor well; hers does. FYI- I used to go to Marc Grossman, considered the best dermatologist in the city and I switched to Halem b/c I found her personality better

flag | Submitted May 28, 2011

Dr. Halem was very helpful,polite, and knowledgeable. the staff is the nicest I have ever met and most helpful

flag | Submitted February 11, 2011

Dr. Halem was awesome, and her staff is amazing, probably the nicest group of people i've ever met in a doctor's office. Dr. Halem was amazing. Really thorough, really nice, and even took the time to answer other dermatological questions I had.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2010

After waiting an hour and a half I finally put my clothes on and left. The staff kept saying 15 minutes...oh, just 10 more minutes. It was absurd and this Dr. should not be given more business if she thinks her time is more valuable than others.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

I went today to see Dr. Halem and I have to say that she is very nice, she knows a lot and does excellent cosmetic procedures. I'd highly recommend her. No doubt

flag | Submitted October 7, 2008

Dr. Monica L. Halem's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

AARP