Ratings for Dr. STEPHEN B. Archer

I have had several surgeries over my lifetime, but my surgery with Dr. Archer was by far the worst. A few years ago, he performed surgery on me which led to serious complications. His staff had not communicated beforehand regarding my blood thinning medication, which led to me developing a pulmonary embolism. I was in the hospital for about a month and a half due to these complications, including a week spent in the ICU. They thought I was going to die. Dr. Archer was always cocky and overly confident before the surgery, but after realizing how badly he messed up, he treats me completely differently. Would NOT recommend surgery with Dr. Archer.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

Dr Archer exercised care over my father who went in for gall bladder surgery. Archer cut his bile ducts and my father was flown to OHSU for emergency surgery . After 4 months in intensive care and many complications he was taken to a care facility. After many more hospital visits do to complications and nearly 24 months from the begining the night mare ended with my Dad passing. He never made it back to his own home.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

I had Dr. Archer for my hernia surgery. He did a great job and it looks great now. The scar is almost gone. He was an hour late to my surgery though. I understand things come up, but there wasn't even a call saying he would be late.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

I had a great experience and I have not had problems. I have recommended friends who had good experience.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2012

many pts with svere, life threatening complications

flag | Submitted October 7, 2008

Dr. STEPHEN B. Archer's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)