Ratings for Dr. F. Doris

I was in to see Dr. Doris for the first time and found him to be attentive, thorough and listened to what I had to say. He was knowledgeable and explained things in detail. Many thanks for your professional and caring manner!!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

After months of excruciating pain from injuries in both shoulders I was able to see Dr. Doris. He reviewed my ultrasounds and diagnosis my injuries properly. I had been told by my Healthcare Professional that my injuries, which I believed stemmed from a very flawed weigh training routine, was Arthritis/Tendonitis. This diagnosis was made by the imagining centre. Dr. Doris informed me that the severe, debilitating pain I was suffering was causing by a injury to a bone connecting shoulder to collar bone, and that I also had Bursitis. He injected both shoulders. The pain, which I can not truly describe, was completely gone after the fifth day after injection. Only those who have experienced this horrible, unending pain will understand what relief I was given. I can not thank Dr. Doris enough. Today, I'm pain free in my shoulders and I can not remember feeling so good. Thank you again, Dr. Doris, I am so grateful.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018

Saw Dr Doris for the first time. He did a thorough exam but would not listen to my concerns. I had previously been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 3 years ago. I tried to explain that this pain is different. He wouldn't listen to me and stated it was just my fibromyalgia flaring up. Since my blood work was negative he said i did not have RA. My hands and feet were in so much pain and swollen, he sent me to xray. I left his office feeling defeated. My xrays came back with clear evidence of RA. I was never called to schedule a follow up and xrays were not sent to my M.D. I called Dr Doris's office and was told my xrays were negative. My family M.D. had to call the xray dept to get the results which clearly stated RA. Dr Doris completely dropped the ball with my diagnosis and now I am waiting to see another Rheumatologist as I refuse to go back to him. I am in so much pain and anti inflammatory meds are no linver working. All I can do is wait. Thanks for nothing Dr Dufus.!! After reading some of these reviews I think it's time to get the College of Physicians to review his competency!!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

One of the worst, incompetent, Dr.'s I have ever had to deal with. The problem we brought to him has baffled Dr.s at Hotel De Hospital in Kingston, Sick Kids in Toronto and the best Pediatricians in Ontario. Even though the Pediatricians sent him detailed concerns for my daughters health, he either didn't read the reports or he didn't understand the diagnosis that was being brought to him. He performed some sort of physical exam, testing all the wrong things, then told us she did not have arthritis and that to continue pursuing medical treatment was a waste of medical resources. We had not come to him because of a concern for arthritis. When I addressed the concerns of the other doctors he looked at her, looked at me and laughed under his breath and spoke to me in a derogatory manner. Yes, there is a waste of OHIP's money, but it is not in pursuing treatment for my daughter, but rather in paying his salary.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

I am a 71 year ols male who has been through 5 weeks of joint pain. I was refered to Doctor Doris by a nurse practicioner in the absents of my family doctor. I read all the negative comments one this website and was concerned but kept an open mind. He introduced himself and asked me to explian several comments I made on an iintro sheet I had composed before going to the appoinment. Once eplained he confirmed what I had thought the problem was (PMR) and did a complete physical exam. He provided me with the thereopy needed to rid myslef of this curse. He them sent me for blood tests and exrays before returning home. I didn't get anywhere near this treament in a local hospital a week before this meeting. I amd definatley on track to get back health. My advice is take some of these reports with a grain of salt and don't elt them persuade you. Go find out for yourself. I came out thinking this guy was amazing.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

This truly was a total waste of time and energy. He did nothing at all. Very sad and very pathetic.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

Zipo bedside manner! Would not listen and comprehend what my husband was trying to convey. Also, he left the exam room in a huff without closing the door. My hubby was only wearing his underpants.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

I didn't feel like he listened to a word I said. I left there feeling emotionally and mentally worse than when I went in.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

went to this office to deal with PMR , via my own Dr . While I did read up here prior to going , I was most pleasantly surprised and pleased . Staff , busy, yes , short and to the point yes. BUT CARING and Professional. Now for Dr Doris Let me say it this way. You will not find a better professional He is at the top of the class . Even accommodated me early at Cobourg hospital. He dealt with my problem over 2 years and and bid me adieu. Thorough , genuine and a caring gentleman Thanks from Belleville

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

I just had an appointment with Dr. Doris for the first time. I had read some of the comments below and was somewhat apprehensive. I was very delighted and relieved to find that the negative comments were without basis. He got right down to business , I had brought ( as requested) my information on my medical history. He reviewed it and we were "off to the races". I found him to have a wonderful sense of humour, very knowledgeable and efficient. I do not think (or hope) that I will have to return but if I do it would be without any hesitation. Just one thing, you have to take off your shoes no matter the season ( they do offer little booties) so if I were to return I would bring clean socks to put on. Over the many that I have worked in the medical professional , he would certainly rank high on my scale.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016