Ratings for Dr. Cassie Linn

My mother just saw her a couple weeks ago. She automatically put my mother who is an ex drug abuser/addict on the fentanyl patch. Funny my mom has a Gastro at vgh for 5 years who knows her and her history but no one would ever dare give my mom this prescription. This dr saw her on the first visit and said this would be a good start. She should have talked with the team of Drs my mom sees or the pharmacy my mom deals with (which is only one now as the addict ways have come into play. This dr can now make a Benz or Mercedes payment but in well enjoying that she is killing my mother.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

I was referred to Dr Lin by ERH ER otherwise I would have found another Dr immediately. The reception staff took days to get back to me and then couldn't give me the information I needed about the appointment. They lost my referral, which was sent correctly from the ER when I checked. Overall I wasn't happy with the handling of my care from the administrative stand point so I asked to be referred to a different doctor that came highly recommended.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I can tell that Dr.Lin really cares about my health and explains everything really carefully until I understand.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

Reception staff may not smile very much but they saved me money by recommending I go to RCH for some blood work that the bio-med lab was going to charge me for. Wait times seem a bit long but Dr Lin is always very thorough with me, answering any and all of my questions. She's even called me from the office after 8pm to answer a question and discuss my treatment options.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2013

I find Dr linn to be knowledgeable and thorough. She keeps detailed notes and is food about sending you for testing. I went for a procedure with her at RCH and it was over a couple hours behind schedule and it was distressing and felt the patient that was late that caused the lateness for me should have been cancelled or done after me. I was spoken to gruffly and never apologized to or explained to the story. Another time I felt sedation should have been stronger. I have never received enough pain killer for my stomache. I find the office staff are quite hostile, grumpy miserable and unhelpful. I think Dr linn is good but very hard to access, but has done phone appointnents but not always. Because the staff are so rude it is difficult to know if your messages get through but scared to call and check as there is no response and conditions and pain remain.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

I had a full, UNSEDATED (my choice) colonoscopy with Dr Linn a week ago...she was very kind and professional. This was my first meeting with Dr Linn - if I'll ever need this procedure another time I will for sure ask for her again. Many thanks to you doctor and your AWESOME nursing team @ RCH GI!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

I have had to go to Dr Linn because my other doctor moved :( I have had nothing but bad experiences with this doctor. From the get go her bedside manner is atrocious. She is condescending and unhelpful. After a colonoscopy I was unable to see her for a follow up until a few days after due to a death in the family and when she confronted me on that she was very condescending and spoke to me in such a way that made me feel like a child. Another time during an examination she asked me if I smoked and I said, "No, never." And she looked at me skeptically and said,"Oh really? Are you sure? Ever?" like I was lying or something. I think the way she speaks to her patients are completely unprofessional. She needs a lesson in humanity.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

Dr. Lin's reception staff could use some training on reception etiquette such as improving politeness and courtesy. The staff rarely smile and don't make you feel welcomed. They have made errors on booking/rescheduling appointments and lost prescription requests from pharmacies which were unnecessary inconveniences.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2012

I am a current patient. I had a very long wait before I got to see her but she has been very helpful. She keeps very detailed notes as my issues are ongoing and complicated. I am happy to have had phone appointments which, really save time and I am sure, money. I was dissapointed to not have pain relief pills rather getting slow working medication that did not seem to help. I am happy with the constant tests I end up getting, trying to get to the 'bottom' of the problems.(ha ha) I find Dr Linn knowledgeable, helpful and caring. I don't find most of the secretaries friendly at all and could perhaps even use some discipline. It's as if their face would break if they smile. A couple are quite crabby and seem very unhappy there. Overall, I am happy with Dr Linn and her willingness to help.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

I enjoyed my visit with Dr. Lin.She took a very thorough history, sent me for BW, booked hospital tests, and now I await her diagnosis. On a sad note: I have encountered many problems with the staff.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011