Ratings for Dr. Sheryl A. Behnke

I'm so sad that I went with Sheryl. I am a quiet person. I don't enjoy vaginal exams and even insist on having a woman do them. When she went to fast and hard checking my cervix I clenched and screamed out. Instead of apologizing she asked me if I had ever been sexual abused. I was outraged by the question. I said "You just stuck your hand up there really hard. Do most women enjoy that?" She argued that cervix checks are not supposed to be painful. I was already almost 2 weeks overdue and so drained physically and emotionally. I started to cry in front of her and my husband. I wouldn't normally cry over a "rough" exam but I just didn't know how to respond to such an unkind person. She said "That's it, if I can't examine you then you'll just have to leave." I hate confrontation but the thought of leaving and trying to find another midwife when I could go into labor at any minute was worse than confronting her. I composed myself and asked if another midwife could just go slow and not so rough. Another midwife and I was able to complete the exam. At the hospital 2 days later Sheryl was there but had to leave (her shift ended) as I went into heavy labor. Thankfully the midwife from the hospital stepped in and was a really kind/ gentle person. Sheryl was blunt and to the point the whole pregnancy. I guess I should have known she would be the way she was at the end. Horrible experience with her, but overall the nurses and other midwife really made up for it.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

I love Sheryl! She is the most down to earth midwife. She talks English and not Doctor to you. I loved that I understood everything that was happening. I went to through a referral and now I try to refer so many people to her. I had lost children in the past (due to complications, not the other doctor) and she made my dreams come true and helped me through a very healthy and safe pregnancy. My daughter is going to be 1 this month. Sheryl and her staff are more than excellent.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014

I absolutely love Sheryl! I can't imagine what all these people are saying negative about her! She delivered my son 13 years ago when she was with another doctor and when I got pregnant again she wasn't with that doctor so I went and searched for her! The best midwife! I couldn't imagine her being rude! Always been pleasant to me! I strongly recommend her if you want somebody caring,understanding and compassionate!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

I see so many negative comments about Sheryl here and am astonished! Sheryl has been my midwife for all 3 of my pregnancies (my children were born in 2009, 2011, & 2013) and I simply adore her! I feel that she is very kind, knowledgeable, professional, and very concerned with her patients. I was referred to her by 2 of my close friends and am so happy I took their advice! I could not have asked for anyone better! She treated me amazing and always did what was in the best interest for myself and my babies. I see her for my yearly paps for now, but if and when we decide to try for another child, I wouldn't even think about going to anyone else!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

I LOVE Sheryl! I recommend her to everyone I know. She has been my OB for 4 years now, and helped me through my last pregnancy. These negative reviews I'm seeing are crazy! She is so kind, helpful, gentle and informative. She is always on time and takes her time with me. I feel that I am always top priority when she is in the room with me. The rest of the staff is wonderful also. I will go to her as long as she is around, and if I have any more children, she will be the one to deliver!!!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

Very blunt & rude. Seemed like she did not want to deal with my questions & immediately shut down my concerns. Felt as though she viewed my pregnancy as a diagnosis-rather than a life. She was very condescending with her tone.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Sheryl is among the least compassionate and professional medical personnel I have ever dealt with. Her complacent attitude while caring for my baby and me resulted in poor outcomes for both of us. She made it quite clear at one point that she cares for animals far more than actual humans. I'm not sure why she even chose midwifery, as I found her to clearly not understand or take seriously the enormous responsibility inherent in her field.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2012

I was disappointed in Sheryl Behnke's performance as our midwife during my preganacy and at the birth of our child. She is not very personable. She's somewhat cold and detached. She's cut and dry and all business. We had a difficult situation and felt that Behnke didn't do things in the birth that she had explained she would. She did not speak to my family at the birth. I was more loved and cared for by my delivery nurses and doula, who I am so thankful for. We would not recommend her, especially if you want a person who actually seems to care about you. The staff and other midwives at her office are great though! (I had to rate the staff as low and punctuality as low - they really weren't - they were great, but I was not about to give Sheryl 4 stars because the rating evened out)

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

I love Sheryl! She was great throughout my whole pregnancy. She always took the time to answer questions and she is very blunt in explaining things you want to know. I will definitely go to her again if I decide to have another.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012

Sheryl gave me very painful cervical checks. She would not go slow or explain what she was doing prior to doing it. It was a nightmare! I felt like I was in some underdeveloped country. It was horrible! I would avoid her at all cost! I saw bad reviews for her here and then went to check her out because she had good reviews too. She seemed nice enough. She just seemed a little blunt. It was towards the end of my pregnancy when things went south. She did not care about how rough she was while doing procedures and was to busy to explain anything. I would say her knowledge is low but confidence is high. I have never written a review about a doctor or midwife. I wanted to write this as a warning to other women. Do not go with her as your midwife even if she seems normal enough at first.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012