Ratings for Dr. Sheryl A. Behnke

I am on my 3Rd pregnancy and Sheryl has been my midwife for all three. She is honest and to the point. She will explain things in detail and not sugar coat as A. It's not her nature and B. She wants you to have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby full term. I would prefer a doctor be honest and truthful and fight with me for the best outcome than not give me all the facts and just jot stuff down in a folder and go on their merry way.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Never felt so let down by someone. No compassion, no caring. I cry every time I think about the fact I let her take care of the health of myself and my baby.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Amazing. Wish I had gone to her years ago. Ill never understand someone who could ever give her a bad rating. She's like having a friend with you in the delivery room. So wonderful.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I'm so sad that I went with Sheryl. I am a quiet person. I don't enjoy vaginal exams and even insist on having a woman do them. When she went to fast and hard checking my cervix I clenched and screamed out. Instead of apologizing she asked me if I had ever been sexual abused. I was outraged by the question. I said "You just stuck your hand up there really hard. Do most women enjoy that?" She argued that cervix checks are not supposed to be painful. I was already almost 2 weeks overdue and so drained physically and emotionally. I started to cry in front of her and my husband. I wouldn't normally cry over a "rough" exam but I just didn't know how to respond to such an unkind person. She said "That's it, if I can't examine you then you'll just have to leave." I hate confrontation but the thought of leaving and trying to find another midwife when I could go into labor at any minute was worse than confronting her. I composed myself and asked if another midwife could just go slow and not so rough. Another midwife and I was able to complete the exam. At the hospital 2 days later Sheryl was there but had to leave (her shift ended) as I went into heavy labor. Thankfully the midwife from the hospital stepped in and was a really kind/ gentle person. Sheryl was blunt and to the point the whole pregnancy. I guess I should have known she would be the way she was at the end. Horrible experience with her, but overall the nurses and other midwife really made up for it.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

I love Sheryl! She is the most down to earth midwife. She talks English and not Doctor to you. I loved that I understood everything that was happening. I went to through a referral and now I try to refer so many people to her. I had lost children in the past (due to complications, not the other doctor) and she made my dreams come true and helped me through a very healthy and safe pregnancy. My daughter is going to be 1 this month. Sheryl and her staff are more than excellent.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014

I absolutely love Sheryl! I can't imagine what all these people are saying negative about her! She delivered my son 13 years ago when she was with another doctor and when I got pregnant again she wasn't with that doctor so I went and searched for her! The best midwife! I couldn't imagine her being rude! Always been pleasant to me! I strongly recommend her if you want somebody caring,understanding and compassionate!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

I see so many negative comments about Sheryl here and am astonished! Sheryl has been my midwife for all 3 of my pregnancies (my children were born in 2009, 2011, & 2013) and I simply adore her! I feel that she is very kind, knowledgeable, professional, and very concerned with her patients. I was referred to her by 2 of my close friends and am so happy I took their advice! I could not have asked for anyone better! She treated me amazing and always did what was in the best interest for myself and my babies. I see her for my yearly paps for now, but if and when we decide to try for another child, I wouldn't even think about going to anyone else!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

I LOVE Sheryl! I recommend her to everyone I know. She has been my OB for 4 years now, and helped me through my last pregnancy. These negative reviews I'm seeing are crazy! She is so kind, helpful, gentle and informative. She is always on time and takes her time with me. I feel that I am always top priority when she is in the room with me. The rest of the staff is wonderful also. I will go to her as long as she is around, and if I have any more children, she will be the one to deliver!!!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

Very blunt & rude. Seemed like she did not want to deal with my questions & immediately shut down my concerns. Felt as though she viewed my pregnancy as a diagnosis-rather than a life. She was very condescending with her tone.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Sheryl is among the least compassionate and professional medical personnel I have ever dealt with. Her complacent attitude while caring for my baby and me resulted in poor outcomes for both of us. She made it quite clear at one point that she cares for animals far more than actual humans. I'm not sure why she even chose midwifery, as I found her to clearly not understand or take seriously the enormous responsibility inherent in her field.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2012