Ratings for Dr. Ravi Kondaveeti

This doctor had no interest in what you were saying. He just doesn't listen to you. He also talks so fast and rushes out so you are unable to ask him any questions. Had to run out of the ran and down the hallway to ask him a question. He would rather talk about him self and what he has instead of what is going on with your heath or your health questions.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

He speaks to make himself sound smarter. I've struggled with a long undiagnosed immne condition and have spent years learning as much as I can about it. My first visit I didn't tell him I am also a scientist and he used a lot of purposely hyper technical language that one would not typically use in lay conversation. He was trying to sound extra smart and confident and I fell for it. That first visit he promised me earnestly that he would do whatever it took to figure out what was plaguing me. By the 3rd visit he was out of procedures and tests for me and suggested I just needed to have a good hearty steak meal and not worry so much about what I eat and feel. That some people are just born wrong (literal quote here) and there's nothing you can do about it. He also suggested therapy. It's doctors like this person that make it hard for me to build up the confidence to put my health and trust in another person's hands. I left the office in tears and not one of his staff said a word to me. Not once was he on time, even when I was the first patient of the day. I feel this person may be helpful to you if you have a common and easily treatable acute condition (like lupus), but his lack of empathy and dedication to things outside of his diagnostic routine make him useless to anyone else.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Very unprofessional. Insisting on Colonoscopy, when that was not my concern when i went to consult him. He even suggested that I go to ER so i can get my colonoscopy done in observation status.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Horrible bedside manner. Doesn't listen to your symptoms or questions and then rushes you along.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

No regard for the patient and a complete lack of regard for your one's well being

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

I can without a doubt state that Dr. Ravi Kondaveeti is top-notch and unparalleled in his profession. I previously had the privilege of working as a Registered Nurse in the GI Lab. I am very observant of physicians and their practices. Beyond that, I have been a patient of Dr. Kondaveeti's and he is unsurpassable. My health complications with Lupus present an additional challenge in any area of my medical care. Dr. Kondaveeti is an absolutely brilliant Doctor and cares about every patient. I was not given any "special" treatment because I was on staff. The key is that Dr. Kondaveeti's mind continuously works in solving conditions that are often overlooked or unable to be diagnosed by others. If Dr. Kondaveeti needs to go the extra mile to seek the expertise of those who have taught him, he will do it for any patient who entrusts their healthcare to him. I return to Pittsburgh in order to continue my care from Dr. Kondaveeti. If it weren't for his tenacity, I'm certain my condition would have progressively deteriorated. I am thankful beyond words for his great talent. Dr. Kondaveeti's style may not be one with which you have experienced. But if you continue to work the patient/doctor relationship and REALLY let him know what you need from him, he will take care of you with compassion. Please, do not cheat yourself out of his matchless ability in the natural gift he has in his profession. Don't hesitate to have any physician take the time you need to make your healthcare experience positive and with confidence. However, it is also critical that you stay focused on your care and treatment for that appointment. Critical questions are for the Doctor. The staff is very well trained to review the information and provide the best patient education. They can take any further questions you may have and present them to the Doctor. They will get the information back to you. Healthcare procedures are very fast paced in this time when technology allows us to know so much more. Also, do not judge a Doctor on how long it takes him to perform a procedure. I have worked beside Doctors who work very slowly when scoping. Does slow = better?? Please, never make that correlation. Time is not an indicator of how well your procedure has been performed. For example, my hip replacement took only 32 minutes and I have only a 3 inch scar. That prosthesis has survived a broken sacrum and falling from a 6 foot drop off, landing on solid concrete on my knee~~the same side as the hip replacement. The hip replacement survived those extreme events, and other wear and tear along the way. 32 minutes?? Trust your doctor by his natural skill and ability to reach way beyond routine diagnoses. I hope this may help some. My honest, personal experience is that I will not be treated by any other Gastroenterologist than Dr. Kondaveeti. As someone else made the analogy to "Dr. House", so it is with Dr. Kondaveeti. His personal style may not be what you initially expect. BUT, work with him. He will provide the BEST care. Best health to all! That's the goal and working together to achieve it. RMV, RN

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

I agree with others' comments -- he rushed and gave me no follow-up prescription or information. I only used him because he was assigned to me in the hospital, but I would not recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

My husband and I both saw this Dr. He was never on time . After our surgical procedures he rushed in & out without bothering to answer questions . He also failed to properly write out prescriptions and as a result my husband suffered far more than he should have due to this neglect .

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

He sucks. Nothing he can do will take away my psin

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Me wait an hour for 3 minutes of time. .................

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014