Ratings for Dr. Paul Melchert

I am VERY happy with the care I get from Dr. Melchert and all his staff. They are professional to the max!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2019

this guy catches giant largemouth bass. 5 stars. and i am sure his mastery of this craft reflects on the way he practices. 5 stars again

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

Very caring Doctor, he actually takes the time to read the patient profile before he comes in the room.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

please don't go for blood pressure issues or stress and anxiety. he'll make it worse. not kind.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I was a patient for almost two years and thought I had a good relationship with my doctor, had been seen in the office a number of times by physician, PA and NP. I had a situation where I had to increase a dose of regular medication after lab work and that visit was seen by the PA. First, the office did not send to the pharmacy where I was getting my synthroid filled...St Mary's Pharmacy (which provides it cheaper without insurance than with copay on my insurance for 90 day supply...but that's another issue) so I had to call and get it corrected, I was going to be leaving town with no opportunity to get it filled and would have been out of my prescription for almost a week, so when I arrived after the appt it wasn't there, so it had to be called in, then when it was called in later, it was called in as a Brand Name ONLY, and it was a 90 day supply, so I would have had to pay a ridiculous amount of money. By then it was after hours and so I called the answering service and explained the situation. Paul called the pharmacy and they told me he was very angry because of being called for this reason and refused to correct the prescription. So, I was furious and called the answering service and demanded that he call me. He never called back. I called the office the next day to correct the prescription, but was already on my way out of town. When I got back in town, I stopped in his office for some other reason and told the situation to his office manager and explained what happened and how I was treated and that I expected an apology or I was leaving the practice. I got a 'dear John' letter in the mail. So, that was it. There had been other mistakes by the office where I was understanding and patient with them, nothing serious, but when it came time for them to show some courtesy and respect, all I got from the good doc was a big F U. Thanks Dr Melchert.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Every time I call for my husband or myself, the staff are incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. My husband and I are very happy to have Dr. Melchert and his P.A. as our family physicians.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

This doctor is only interested in billing you the maximum. I had an annual checkup that was 100% covered, and also went to a lab that was 100% covered. Rather than allowing me to log on and get my bloodwork results, we required me to come into the office to tell me that everything was fine. Then billed me for an office visit! When I questioned his staff, all I got was "that is our policy". When I asked to speak with the doctor about it, I was denied that. I called my ins company and even they thought that getting the results should be included. It's all about the "billing code". This doctor even sent me to collections. Then he "fired me"! No joke. He sent me a form letter signed by his nurse telling me to get lost. Do yourself a favor and find a different doctor.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

Best Dr I have ever gone to see... Dr Melchert has helped me out tremendously and his staff is always amazing... Will be staying with this Dr for a very long time. I do recommend going to see him for your care.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

best care ever very proffessional.his staff is kind and very helpful.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

Been going to Dr. Melchert for about a year now. So far he has been doing a good job with me.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

Dr. Paul Melchert's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal