Ratings for Dr. Michael H. Winston

Have to agree here. I stopped using him after he missed a basal cell that I had on my leg. He never even noticed it in his once over exam. I don't see how this man is still in practice. He rushed patients in and out so fast, you don't even have time to get your shoes off and he is ready for what he calls an exam.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

WHAT? I should have read these comments before I went here. As everyone here said, exam lasted less than two minutes, and there were many areas that he didn't even look at. He definitely needs to be re-trained in how to give a full body exam. I went to Stony Brook, and got a real, professional and thorough exam. Don't go here.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

I don't understand this doctors office. I used to go to a dermatologist that came in with a magnifying with a light, and checked my entire body, including feet and hair. This guy does NONE of that - and yes, he does do a one minute check up. Not exactly what I would call through. He just gives you a quick lookover, and misses many parts of your body. I do not understand that how he can call this a body scan. Hmmmm - I will not go back

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

You should only go here if you don't mind getting a fly-over exam. I was never rushed out of a doctors office so quickly. Before you can ask a question, he is out of the room. I don't understand his method of complete body check, because that is NOT what I got. Will not go back here

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

I have to agree with everyone here. While the staff is very nice, this doctor will certainly miss something because he does not do a thorough exam. I was out of there in 60 seconds, for what was supposed to be a full body check?? Way too rushed.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

UGH - do not like this doctor. He spent a total of 2 minutes giving me a full body check? Is he kidding??

flag | Submitted November 6, 2012

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. The exam lasted about 1 1/2 minutes for a complete body check. He addressed the areas of interest I pointed out, and left it up to me if I wanted them burned off. I don't think he does a proper examination. It wasnt even worth the cost of the copayment.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2008

The office is old and dingy, and this doctor spends no more than 2 minutes with you. A complete skin checkup should take at least 10 minutes, but everyone is in and out in under 5 minutes. He is pleasant enough, but overall the exam he gives is less than thorough. Don't think I will go back.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2008

Dr. Michael H. Winston's Credentials

• Albany Med Coll, Albany Ny 12208 (Grad. 1988)

Top Hospitals in Port Jefferson Station, NY