Ratings for Dr. Enid Sindy Eriksson

Dr. Eriksson is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. With her guidance and support, I have really been able to reduce my anxiety and OCD tendencies over the course of 6 months. I continue to practice the skills I have learned, some on a daily basis - now it seems to easy to do. I was surprised actually that the process she teaches worked for me, you sometimes feel set or destined that this is just how you are supposed to feel. She is definitely worth the wait. The skills I have learned have really improve my overall quality of life. Thank you.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2018

Professional, kind, helpful, highly qualified with solid experience and with good humour; I found her start-of-the-session questionnaires important both for her and for me to grade my mood on regular basis. The teaching of CBT I received from Dr. Eriksson, on mental health issues was crucial to me as I like to know the scientific base for any theory. The homework was hard but necessary. I did not enjoy it but acknowledged that it had to be done, so I did it. The readings were engaging and an important part of the therapy. I found this doctor to have been essential part of my recovery and I am forever grateful. You do need to be in a decent state to be able to benefit from the CBT model. Thank you Dr. Eriksson

flag | Submitted November 11, 2018

I have no doubt that Dr. Eriksson has enabled major improvements in my life. She empowered me with strategies to help me manage my own anxiety and panic. Here are some things I think may be useful to know if you're considering seeing her: - CBT requires you to do some work between appointments. It's not a ton, but I definitely found that the more energy I put into it between appointments, the more I got out of it. - Dr. Eriksson is focused on helping you learn to manage your own mental health. This means that it's a temporary thing. I saw her for 15-20 appointments over the course of about a year. - I found it useful to approach my appointments with the spirit of investigation and determination. It's not a cuddly and warm environment. That isn't to say that Dr. Eriksson is cold or detached by any means, but that she seems to strive to be your partner in investigating and tinkering with your own thought patterns, rather than just soothing you and taking away everything that feels uncomfortable. I can imagine this being frustrating to someone in distress, but I found that it helped me feel empowered and grounded. - On a practical note, when I was referred, Dr. Eriksson had a long wait list. I think the 6-month wait was completely worth it, but if you're in need of really urgent care, you may need to look somewhere else. Dr. Eriksson really helped me change my life, and I am deeply grateful to have been able to spend time working with her. I hope you have such a positive experience!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2018

I saw Dr. Erikkson for 12 sessions. She was extremely patient, non-judgmental and kind. She listened and offered suggestions. She also gave me practical help i.e. book recommendations, "homework," and coping strategies. She provided me with all the tools I needed to gain control of my life and feel confident in situations moving forward. I can't thank her enough for her help. I highly, highly recommend seeing her if you are looking for someone to guide you through whatever issues you may be trying to resolve and help you find peace and calm in your life.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

I saw Dr Eriksson almost weekly for about 6 months. I found her easy to talk to and I felt she was always clear about what the goals of our time together learning about and practising CBT were. She never pushed too hard with uncomfortable subjects, and always found a way to bring me back to the goal and the tools that CBT provides (remembering that this kind of work is very long-term). I have had some major improvements in my ability to apply CBT to moments of anxiety and depression as a result of my time with Dr. Eriksson and am grateful for that.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

I saw Dr. Eriksson bi-weekly for 6 months or so. This was my first experience with CBT and I found it incredibly helpful. I struggle with severe depression and anxiety. She really helped me manage my internal thoughts. Every time I left a therapy session, I felt empowered and stronger than I did walking in. Speaking to her and sorting out my feelings, behaviours and actions really helped. I have since decided to live an alcohol free life because I find it helps the most with managing depression. Dr. Eriksson had a tremendously positive impact on my life, I will never be able to thank her enough. I wish I could still see her now but I moved away from Toronto. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

I saw Dr Eriksson for several months during which she taught me how to effectively apply the principles of CBT. I found her to be very knowledgeable and empathetic. I found the CBT she taught me to be very helpful. CBT is a technique that must be learned and understood and practiced. It is not a passive therapy. You must work on it to unlearn maladaptive behaviors and thoughts. But applied correctly, under the guidance of a skilled practitioner like Dr Eriksson, and it is a very effective way to overcome depression and anxiety.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

I was seeing Dr, Eriksson for about 6 months before I left her practice. I went in for mild anxiety and severe depression, and she truly did help me with one aspect of my anxiety using CBT. However, I felt as though she was mainly pointing out the obvious when addressing my emotions and past behaviours. She did not help with my depression at all and sometimes I left the appointment crying because of what we discussed. That is not the sign of a good therapist. I also noticed other people mentioned the surveys to fill out. I had to do this as well, and it mostly was unhelpful because she did not make comparison over the weeks and months. It was primarily a way for her to gauge how you were feeling at that point. I think if you have mild depression/anxiety, she could be right for you. But if it is moderate to severe, you are doing to need someone more professional that will take you seriously as a patient as opposed to a lab rat. Save yourself the trouble and find another therapist.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

I saw Dr. Eriksson for about 2 years. I found her very helpful, knowledgeable and empathetic. She was an excellent listener and always able to show me how the principles of CBT might apply in a constructive way. I am very pleased to have spent time with her and would not hesitate to recommend her to someone for whom CBT could be of benefit.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

I waited over a year for my referral to be accepted by Dr. Ericksson. Spent at least half a year meeting her and sharing my life in order to complete her full assessment. After all that, she said that someone needs to be more even in their moods and stress in their life to benefit from CBT. However, in doing more research, I've confirmed that's not the case at all and many people use CBT when they have extreme stress and anxiety. In the end, I think she was just finding an excuse to stop seeing me because she had decided to start working less hours. I feel like I wasted my time and got my hopes up for nothing. Very discouraging when you're doing your best to get the help you need.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018