Ratings for Dr. Enid Sindy Eriksson

I saw Dr. Erikkson for 12 sessions. She was extremely patient, non-judgmental and kind. She listened and offered suggestions. She also gave me practical help i.e. book recommendations, "homework," and coping strategies. She provided me with all the tools I needed to gain control of my life and feel confident in situations moving forward. I can't thank her enough for her help. I highly, highly recommend seeing her if you are looking for someone to guide you through whatever issues you may be trying to resolve and help you find peace and calm in your life.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

I saw Dr Eriksson almost weekly for about 6 months. I found her easy to talk to and I felt she was always clear about what the goals of our time together learning about and practising CBT were. She never pushed too hard with uncomfortable subjects, and always found a way to bring me back to the goal and the tools that CBT provides (remembering that this kind of work is very long-term). I have had some major improvements in my ability to apply CBT to moments of anxiety and depression as a result of my time with Dr. Eriksson and am grateful for that.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

I saw Dr. Eriksson bi-weekly for 6 months or so. This was my first experience with CBT and I found it incredibly helpful. I struggle with severe depression and anxiety. She really helped me manage my internal thoughts. Every time I left a therapy session, I felt empowered and stronger than I did walking in. Speaking to her and sorting out my feelings, behaviours and actions really helped. I have since decided to live an alcohol free life because I find it helps the most with managing depression. Dr. Eriksson had a tremendously positive impact on my life, I will never be able to thank her enough. I wish I could still see her now but I moved away from Toronto. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

I saw Dr Eriksson for several months during which she taught me how to effectively apply the principles of CBT. I found her to be very knowledgeable and empathetic. I found the CBT she taught me to be very helpful. CBT is a technique that must be learned and understood and practiced. It is not a passive therapy. You must work on it to unlearn maladaptive behaviors and thoughts. But applied correctly, under the guidance of a skilled practitioner like Dr Eriksson, and it is a very effective way to overcome depression and anxiety.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

I was seeing Dr, Eriksson for about 6 months before I left her practice. I went in for mild anxiety and severe depression, and she truly did help me with one aspect of my anxiety using CBT. However, I felt as though she was mainly pointing out the obvious when addressing my emotions and past behaviours. She did not help with my depression at all and sometimes I left the appointment crying because of what we discussed. That is not the sign of a good therapist. I also noticed other people mentioned the surveys to fill out. I had to do this as well, and it mostly was unhelpful because she did not make comparison over the weeks and months. It was primarily a way for her to gauge how you were feeling at that point. I think if you have mild depression/anxiety, she could be right for you. But if it is moderate to severe, you are doing to need someone more professional that will take you seriously as a patient as opposed to a lab rat. Save yourself the trouble and find another therapist.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

I saw Dr. Eriksson for about 2 years. I found her very helpful, knowledgeable and empathetic. She was an excellent listener and always able to show me how the principles of CBT might apply in a constructive way. I am very pleased to have spent time with her and would not hesitate to recommend her to someone for whom CBT could be of benefit.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

I waited over a year for my referral to be accepted by Dr. Ericksson. Spent at least half a year meeting her and sharing my life in order to complete her full assessment. After all that, she said that someone needs to be more even in their moods and stress in their life to benefit from CBT. However, in doing more research, I've confirmed that's not the case at all and many people use CBT when they have extreme stress and anxiety. In the end, I think she was just finding an excuse to stop seeing me because she had decided to start working less hours. I feel like I wasted my time and got my hopes up for nothing. Very discouraging when you're doing your best to get the help you need.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

You have to do this kind of job because you are sincere and empathetic. With that said in order to get the help and guidance you need by using the CBT methods, Dr. Enid would sit there and listen to you sharing your thoughts and feelings on whatever the scenario. I actually thought she was a good listener. Then, you would sit there and perhaps get to the point of discussion in using the CBT therapy steps. My point, it is essential that Dr. Enid listen and so on.. However maybe listen with a bit more compassion and empathy perhaps even sympathy, but, unfortunately we do not always practice what we preach. I could have used a helping hand during my struggle, but I was let down.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

I saw Dr Eriksson for almost two years. She focuses her practice on CBT - which is not for everyone. She is not someone that you just go to and rant and she listens and nods. The goal of seeing her is to teach you the practices of CBT and how to apply them in your life, resulting in reduced anxiety / depression. She does have a scientific medical background in which she will speak about meds, but does not push them on you bc they are not a long term solution. Many people here are complaining about the forms she makes you fill out upon arrival - this is best practice for CBT - to assess mood. What she does with this is track how anxious/depressed you are over the period of time you are seeing her. My anxiety went down dramatically from seeing her and she has taught me skills that I use everyday to cope. Also - for those complaining about her OHIP/late policy - please remember that at least she is covered under OHIP! If I had to pay for a therapist out of pocket I would have been thousands of dollars in the hole. I am eternally grateful for Dr Eriksson and highly recommend her to anyone that is willing to learn the CBT method.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I visited Enid for about a month or so about 3 years ago... and I do not recommend this doctor. She was late on several occasions (breaking her own late policy), would forget what we talked about on previous sessions and ask me to run her through what we talked about last time, and was not welcoming at all. She would make me fill out the usual useless questionnaire on every visit, and after a while of visiting her I started realizing that she was not listening at all. At the time I was in a messy relationship and having substance abuse problems, at one point she mentioned that I would not get married until I hit my late 30s or 40s anyway (I'm 26), and guess who tied the knot last year (with a better man)? Thankfully I overcame my substance abuse issues on my own after being turned off therapy after my visits to Dr. Eriksson. Unfortunately not much seems to have changed with her as I read the comments below. If you need someone compassionate who will LISTEN to you with open arms, and guide you in whatever it is you need help with, save yourself time and energy (and questionnaires) and avoid Dr. Enid Eriksson.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017