Ratings for Dr. John Maher

This doctor was 1 hr late for my appt. Then we go to his office. I walk slow and with a cane he took off and was gone and I wandered fown the hall until I found the room he was in. VERY rude. I was constantly interrupted and treated like I was an idiot. I speak slow and have trouble finding words and he would just talk right over me and not even listen. He did leg strength stuff and was so rough with the treatment of my legs with just tossing them down from raise and just too rough znd causing pain. I can't walk right as well ftom a car wreck in 2015 and Sustained a brain injury hence talking issues. . He didn't seem nice or caring at all. He talked down to me and my daughter as well. He was doing leg feeling test by touching and asked if it felt normal. I said I don't know and he immediately got ignorant and says you would expect me a doctor to know if uou touched my nose if it felt normal. He made a production of leaning over yo my chart and says uou are a 52 yr old man you should no what normal feels like. IGNORANT!!! I tried to explain I have diminished sensation from before ( which he knew) and that my Normal is not regular normal. He just blew me off again. I was talking to him and he just turned his back and put on headphones while I was still talking. I assumed I was dismissed. He gave me papers anf said go talk to reception who will explain. I am to go for tests that have nothing to do with anything as far as I see and says I walk like he has never seen before but in a very accusing way not interested. I felt like I was being called a fake. I would rather get no treatment than see this uncaring ignorant condescending poor excuse of a health care person again.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Doctor Maher doesn't care, always charges $75 for any note. You'd think someone making over 100K wouldn't need to charge the average person that much. Trying to get my license back charge me $75 for one form. Paid him then find out need another form and he says yup that's another $75 and only CASH.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

The doctor rushed through my appointment, kept interrupting me and had a very short fuse. I still don't know what's wrong with me but he said many people live with my affliction and I should just learn to live with it.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Really liked him. Showed me the CT scans and MRI right on the screen and pointed out my stroke.....made me feel very involved with my prognosis............read all reports out loud to me.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Good Guy carries through on follow ups Ni from Doug Pannenhour

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr Maher always puts me first. I find him very caring and very thorough. He has always taken my complaints very seriously and shows alot of compassion. The reception is very disorganized and rude though.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

waited months to get in. waited over an hour to see him for 15 minutes, of which during i was interrupted at least 3 times with the secretary coming in and out to deal with something else. he is very robotic seeming to lack compassion, and does not LISTEN. he diagnosed me with complex partial seizures/epilepsy and quickly had my license revoked....prescribed me some medication. when i went to my pharmacy back home the parmacist noted that my seizures were more likely due to the withdrawl of clonazapam, and the pharmacists (all of them) were concerned enough about me taking the new medication that they had to call him. pharmacist was able to have him prescribe me back onto clonazapam, and the pharmacist told me NOT to take the new meds. i have not had a seizure since. i am shocked that Maher didn't take that into consideration at all when i was explaining my symptoms. now i have to travel back and forth and pay extra just to get my license back, when i don't even know if i actually have epilepsy, or if it was just seizures due to my previous med withdrawl. FRUSTRATING.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Worst neurologist ever!!! The past week, I had an appt for 2:30... And didn't get in til 4:45... He reads out of books from the 80-90's and does NOT communicate eye to eye with you.. His most common words are sure..mhmm... Sure. ... Please do not waste your time.. He is NOT SPECIALIZED IN EPILEPSY... And knows next to nothing.. During my past appt he perscribed me a new drug "Keppra" and as I was asking questions he told me he has to go home for dinner .. Meanwhile he only talked to me for 10 min but YET he sees paitents for hours... He does not read my eegs or mris to me .. HE DOES NOT CARE .. Useless piece of****.. I wait 2 hours every visit.. I've had epilepsy since I was 4 .. And 3 years ago I had my first gran mal seizure.. He just put me on lamotragine.. Doesn't work..my memory is basically done because of this drug.. I am on Keppra and the side effects are depression and mood swings.. Please take my word.. And do NOT WASTE YOUR time!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

I found Dr Maher to be an odd fella, difficult to speak with and understand at times. Speaks like a robot with no emotion in his voice. HOWEVER, I did find him to be very helpful with finding out what was wrong with my back. MRI and CT scan was done as well as a nerve conduction test on my L arm and both my legs. The specialist conducting the electronic nerve test was very nice. HOWEVER Dr Maher did the needle test (2nd half of nerve conduction test)and he jammed the needle in different spots throughout my arm and legs without any notice to me of where he was headed next with the needle. I cried in pain with every jab of the needle ((a little compassion, and telling me where the needle was going next would have been nice, after all I am human))I was not impressed when I left. I do RECOMMEND him for his knowledge and medial tests he does, BUT DON'T LET HIM TOUCH YOU WITH A NEEDLE, AND DON'T EXPECT SMALL TALK OR COMPASSION as he speaks and acts like a robot, but he is thorough w tests.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

My world change 5 months ago. I woke up and felt strange, then very weird headache hit. I was sick all morning, vertigo, balance, gone. Became very weak as did my voice and lost fine motor skills. (which I have to have for work). Numbness and tingling in hands. Now I still am coping. Had MRI and showed Atrophy of the Brain. Possible Cerebellum involvement. Then had appointment with Dr. Maher. He first confirmed I am on Disability. Then became rushed, I speak slow now with trouble finding the words. He said not to think about the Frontal Lobe Atrophy. Just hoped for an answer about my motor skills, to continue with my business to become financially healthy. The Dr., said I was slow and he is behind on schedule. I feel I'm a waste of time and medical care. The Dr., test a few reflexes and limb strength. My one side was weak and said I know you can do better than that. I wasn't heard. Diagnosis; Headaches. So No business, walks, fun, just do big garage sale. I'm only 51

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

Dr. John Maher's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "This doctor was 1 hr late for my appt. Then we go to his office. I walk slow and with a cane he took off and was gone and I wandered fown the hall until I foun..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Maher doesn't care, always charges $75 for any note. You'd think someone making over 100K wouldn't need to charge the average person that much. Trying to..."

November 5, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "The doctor rushed through my appointment, kept interrupting me and had a very short fuse. I still don't know what's wrong with me but he said many people live ..."

October 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Really liked him. Showed me the CT scans and MRI right on the screen and pointed out my stroke.....made me feel very involved with my prognosis............read..."

October 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Good Guy carries through on follow ups Ni from Doug Pannenhour"

August 18, 2015