Ratings for Dr. John Maher

A friend of mine had been treated my Dr Maher. He had been so positive with her and explained everything in lament terms. Once he moved to his new location he did a major change. He was rude, negative and arrogant. She has now been cut off her treatment. WTG on your Oath.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

I take my mom to see him, he contradicts what other Dr's have diagnosed my mom with, says my mom never had a stroke , funny how several other Dr's said she did. He's rude , impersonal and I feel we are just wasting our time and his time too. Still don't know what they heck my mom has and how to care for her ,she is just drugged up. I dread going for her appointments.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

In the more than two years and MULTIPLE appointments with Dr. Maher I have always found both he and his staff to be most courteous, caring and punctual. Some may find his dry sense of humour off-putting but it does not bother me in the least. A straight shooter, He does not sugar coat his diagnosis. A real good doctor.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Two hours late to see me. Read my chart (complex) for first time during my appointment, and asked me not to talk. So then he had barely any time for me because he read my chart. Told me yes I had a stroke, but there is nothing a hospital can do once it happened, so only come to hospital if you can tell it is just beginning, or if you are paralyzed, otherwise just see your family MD because he and the others are too busy. I was in the hospital for 3 weeks last summer with the stroke. Told me to try running some marathons (despite needing both knees replaced) because it would lower my weight. Ordered tests already just done in hospital. Told me it was cute that I was working with family MD to figure out why I was having multiple strokes with no obvious cause. BUT he had no explanation.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

This doctor was 1 hr late for my appt. Then we go to his office. I walk slow and with a cane he took off and was gone and I wandered fown the hall until I found the room he was in. VERY rude. I was constantly interrupted and treated like I was an idiot. I speak slow and have trouble finding words and he would just talk right over me and not even listen. He did leg strength stuff and was so rough with the treatment of my legs with just tossing them down from raise and just too rough znd causing pain. I can't walk right as well ftom a car wreck in 2015 and Sustained a brain injury hence talking issues. . He didn't seem nice or caring at all. He talked down to me and my daughter as well. He was doing leg feeling test by touching and asked if it felt normal. I said I don't know and he immediately got ignorant and says you would expect me a doctor to know if uou touched my nose if it felt normal. He made a production of leaning over yo my chart and says uou are a 52 yr old man you should no what normal feels like. IGNORANT!!! I tried to explain I have diminished sensation from before ( which he knew) and that my Normal is not regular normal. He just blew me off again. I was talking to him and he just turned his back and put on headphones while I was still talking. I assumed I was dismissed. He gave me papers anf said go talk to reception who will explain. I am to go for tests that have nothing to do with anything as far as I see and says I walk like he has never seen before but in a very accusing way not interested. I felt like I was being called a fake. I would rather get no treatment than see this uncaring ignorant condescending poor excuse of a health care person again.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Doctor Maher doesn't care, always charges $75 for any note. You'd think someone making over 100K wouldn't need to charge the average person that much. Trying to get my license back charge me $75 for one form. Paid him then find out need another form and he says yup that's another $75 and only CASH.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

The doctor rushed through my appointment, kept interrupting me and had a very short fuse. I still don't know what's wrong with me but he said many people live with my affliction and I should just learn to live with it.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Really liked him. Showed me the CT scans and MRI right on the screen and pointed out my stroke.....made me feel very involved with my prognosis............read all reports out loud to me.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Good Guy carries through on follow ups Ni from Doug Pannenhour

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr Maher always puts me first. I find him very caring and very thorough. He has always taken my complaints very seriously and shows alot of compassion. The reception is very disorganized and rude though.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014