Ratings for Dr. John Maher

Very pleased with his diagnosis and the outcome. He was busy but thorough. I wasn't looking to be hand-held. Found him to be like a coach, We got along well. He was responsive also when I asked to see him. He saw me the next day.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Rushed through exam, read what family dr wrote, had no opinion waste of time.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Thanks Dr. Maher and staff for the excellent care! Dr. Maher answered all of my questions and put my mind at ease. Staff very kind, and knowledgeable. Lisanne Dunn Blue Mountains, ON

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

I was extremely impressed with the office & Dr Maher!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. John Maher for over four years. During this time I have found him to be very knowledgeable and helpful. He does not indulge in small talk, but listens carefully to the matter in hand and gives his opinion. Myself, a senior, and hard of hearing, Dr. Maher had much patience in this area. A first rate doctor. Rosemary Facey, Barrie. June 24th 2017

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

gave me wrong diagnosis then denied it, rude impatient did not like him at all

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Went to De.Maher in 2012 I& 2012 recommended a very invasive procedure involving 5 days of blood transfusions for a diagnosis of a condition I did not have, only had 1 treatment, reacted negatively and shortly after had heart attack and then he referred me to neurologist in Toronto who said his diagnosis was not correct and treatment re condition should never have been undertaken, also found him quite rude, abrupt and unwilling to listen to the patient

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

While dealing with the staff was better than I expected, I cannot recommend this Neurologist. He focuses on a confirmation bias in regards to his diagnosis as opposed to listening to the patient, and is rather rude to patient as well as his staff. Asking the nurse "Did you go to nurse school?" When she asked him about the time between missing a dose and when is it too long to take it (it varies upon medication). Definitely going to find someone new. There is more truth to the negative reviews on this page than the positive ones.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Had the worse experience! He expects you to do your own research. Gave a a dvd video to watch to assist me in choosing the drugs to go on. It's 2017!!! All the drug information he gave me was old and never took the time to explain them.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Worst doctor , Classic insurance doctor, I am reporting him to the ministry of health as a fraud

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016