Ratings for Dr. John Maher

Dr Maher diagnosed me with a lesion on my brain after I suddenly started having seizures and when I asked what that meant he implied that since I'm not a doctor I was too stupid to understand so he wasn't going to waste his time explaining. When I saw my doctor afterwards I was told Dr. Maher had written him to say I was a difficult patient which my doctor found quite funny apparently he treats anyone that is not a specialist like they are beneath him. The sad thing is he is the only neurologist in Barrie. Thankfully I live in the UK now and have an amazing neurologist and it doesn't take over a year to get into see him

flag | Submitted July 20, 2018

Superior professional! Systematic, to the point extremely thorough with excellent staff colleagues. A rare find and feel fortunate to have been recommended to him.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2018

Dr. Maher was condescending, rude, accusatory & mean. Have never had such a negative experience in all my medical journeys. I will never return. Prefer to drive three hours to previous neurologist. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2018

My partner sees him regularly; every time we go in, Dr. Maher accuses him of not taking his medication and lying about it. He then requests a blood test in two weeks to verify my partner wasn't lying, and then recommends a new course of treatment. Terrible bedside manner, does not listen to patients, 2/10 would not recommend.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2018

Misdiagnosed me. Terrible manners. Did not seem to be too concerned about his patient, ME, Would nor recommend him at all

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

Dr. Maher is always too busy to take any questions or explain any results. I always wait at least 30 minutes to see him, then he rushes me out and can't answer questions because "my time is up". He wants me to see him every 9 months and sends me for an MRI every year. I am doing well and I feel I am wasting healthcare time and money seeing him so often. I always delay my appointments to once a year but any less frequent and he doesn't want me as a patient.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

Very pleased with his diagnosis and the outcome. He was busy but thorough. I wasn't looking to be hand-held. Found him to be like a coach, We got along well. He was responsive also when I asked to see him. He saw me the next day.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Rushed through exam, read what family dr wrote, had no opinion waste of time.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Thanks Dr. Maher and staff for the excellent care! Dr. Maher answered all of my questions and put my mind at ease. Staff very kind, and knowledgeable. Lisanne Dunn Blue Mountains, ON

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

I was extremely impressed with the office & Dr Maher!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017