Ratings for Dr. John Maher

Unfeeling, and insensitive. He will put you down to elevate himself in his mind. Unhelpful, very offhand, dismissive and cavalier when dealing with his patients.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2019

Dr. Maher seems extremely disinterested in actually "listening" to his patients. He is inclined to either not answer a question directly in a way you can understand, or answer it by using some obscure and vague analogy that has nothing to do with the question, leaving you feel like an idiot for having asked. Perhaps he enjoys entertaining himself by doling out cute off-hand commentaries and dismissive responses. I was recently shocked to receive a very unempathetic diagnosis followed by being handed a book and told to do my own research. This guy puts no human element into the equation at all. He treats the patient as if he's diagnosing the "Check Engine" light on your car! - Very alouf and flipant.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2019

Like most doctors , they think they are impeccable gods,never to be told anything, because they know everything. He not willing to accept the possibility that he can still learn from his patients; science is constantly evolving . He enjoys demeaning people. maybe he'll find himself going to court one day . then he'll realize he a mere mortal . Without question he is off his rocker! I pity the poor Nurse Practitioner who has to be stuck working with him all day!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2019

I've never had a doctor make me cry and leave abruptly from their office I would definitely not suggest him to anyone.. It's either his way or the highway.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2019

Very satisfied with Dr. Maher and his office staff. He is a calm, thorough and helpful doctor who (while busy), will take the time to answer questions and helpful recommendations. My spouse has had very positive interchanges with Dr. Maher and his assistance Anastasia and we are impressed by how quickly they responded to book another appointment when my wife had a dementia wandering episode. A professional team. Our kudos to them all.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2019

I must give credit where credit is due. This was my second visit to Dr. Maher, although after the first time I swore I would never go back, I did. And I’m glad I did. I wouldn’t say he was a warm/kind physician, but certainly not malicious or mean as he had been in my first visit. Hopefully this more neutral manner will continue. If a doctor is good at their job I certainly do not need someone touchy-feely. Assuming they have the expertise needed, as long as they are tolerable I figure that’s good enough. .

flag | Submitted March 30, 2019

I went with my father and we will never go back! To many issues to list. Please take my advice if you have a heart. :D

flag | Submitted January 17, 2019

Amazing neurologist. If you are looking for him to sign you off for driving even though you should be disqualified....forget it .....go to someone else....he sticks by the laws as set down in Ontario. If you want him to sign off on false claims for insurance....forget it, he will find you out and write it up in his report. If you want the best Neurologist in Canada, want to be told exactly what is wrong, what meds to take and what other actions to help then he is your doctor. As regards cost...... 20 years of medical learning and 30 years experience and still for less than what you would pay an emergency call out for your drains.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2018

I accompanied my wife to her appointment with Dr Maher this morning.From the time we arrived until the time we left two hours later,my wife was given excellent service for 2 hours.The receptionst was welcoming and friendly .Dr Maher's primary assistant was comforting knowledgeable and courteous as she recorded my wife's medical history.Dr Maher was forthright with my wife and gave her a thorough examination.He explained to my wife what her next steps would be with other medical colleagues,and set another appt date 4 weeks hence.My wife was extremely pleased with Dr Maher and his staff.I sat for 2 hours in the waiting room and saw 5 other patients come and go.All of them were treated with courtesy and Dr Maher was gracious with all of them'My wife has full confidence in Dr Maher

flag | Submitted November 15, 2018

My first appointment went very well. The doctor saw all aspects of my disorder and prescribed a medication that makes me hopeful. I appreciated his humanity nd wry sense of humour.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018