Ratings for Dr. Karen N. Whitehorn

Dr. Karen Whitehorn should have gone into another profession. Her bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. She is very cold and combative. Does not like patients asking questions about care. After waiting a long time in the waiting room, then I waited even longer in the patient room just for her to come in, check my ears, look down my throat and check my reflexes. Out of the two years I was a patient, even though when I made my appointments for a wellness check, once I got there she would tell me that I had to make another appointment for those essential health checks that women need. She nevers calls back to give you test results, I always had to call to ask for my results only to have to leave a voicemail and then have her nurse call me back to read results that neither she nor I understood.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

You have long wait in the waiting room as well as in the room. I waited 40 minutes in the room before the doctor came in to see me. In 5 minutes the appointment was over. Not compassionate to patient.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2012

Repeat of same tests with no conclusions. Poor bedside manner.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

Dr. Whitehorn has a lot to learn about healing. Bedside manner, ZERO! She is THE MOST combative, hostile doctor that I have ever encountered. She is immature and does not listen! She abhors questions and refuses feedback of any type. No one has to stick with a bad doctor. She should working in the ER so that the patient only has to see her ONCE!! Adios to this doctor!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Including my family member (which I witnessed), plus 2 other friends, very negative impression. Clearly needs to learn about 'bedside' manner. Did not respond to patient's questions when in hospital, did not even address the issues in the chart. All 3 patients felt she was very abrupt, did not convey a 'caring' attitude and despite the 'hospital patient' asking her to explain things to her husband-the doctor did not speak to him & walked right past him-even with the patient standing right next to him & asking her 'did you take care of my concerns'. The husband was forced to step in front of her & ask her to respond to the patient. The 'office patients' stated she was 'curt', developed a very defensive attitude when they asked questions as to why she was ordering certain tests, not ordering others.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

Dr. Whitehorn is a thorough, kind, and very caring doctor. She calls back directly and promptly when necessary. I highly recommend this doctor!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2009

Dr. Karen N. Whitehorn's Credentials

• Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

• BCBS Illinois