Ratings for Dr. Marybeth Bourne

I've been a patient with Dr. Bourne since she started in fact so has my whole family. I've had mixed feelings about her over the years, however, when it comes right down to it she's probably one of the best Doctor's out there. Sure some days she can be a little gruff, so can you and I. She referred my to a specialist a couple of weeks ago and when I saw him, he said to me that, if Mary Beth referred you to me, there must be something wrong. He said it with such admiration, it took me back. When I thought about it, that's the reputation our Doctor has out there. So if she not to your liking, don't see her, however after 30 +++ years of being Dr. Bourne's patient I'm proud and thankful she's my Doctor

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

I love my doctor. My mom and I wouldn't trade her for anyone. In fact, I doubt that, when she retires, I'll see anyone else. Dr. Bourne and staff are kind, compassionate, and genuine.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Saw her once when my family doctor was unavailable and would never go back. She came across as rude, abrupt, and impatient. She reentered the room without knocking as I was in the middle of changing for my physical exam and caught me off guard during the exam when she didn't give me any forewarning where her hands we going! I left feeling uncomfortable with many unanswered questions as she then disappeared when she was done. I would NEVER see her again or recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

I, too, have been a patient of Dr. Bourne's since she came to Newmarket, around 39 (?) years ago. My mother is also her patient. After we have an appointment with Dr. Bourne, the first question we ask each other is, "was she nice today?" Because, when Dr. Bourne is ... I don't know ... in a good mood(?) she is caring, attentive, and sweet; however, when not so, we feel what we say or ask is deemed stupid, our visit is somehow an intrusion, and our well-being the last concern in the world. I DO love Dr. Bourne. We all have good and difficult days. It's just that, it's not like anybody actually LIKES to go to the doctor's office. There are countless other place to be and things to do that would be preferable. SO, when it is necessary, and you're not feeling well, it's hard to come away feeling like you shouldn't have bothered the doctor, or that all of your questions are stupid, or your concern trivial or unimportant. As far as the office staff go, I have found there are two extremes and no in-betweens. Super-friendly, concerned, and consistent, or scowl-at-you-when-you-come-through-the-doors-do-you-dare-to-bother-me-at-my-window consistent.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

She has always rushed through her patients. You're a number and $ to her than actually caring about the well being of her patients. As a teenager I didn't mind coming and going quite so quickly now that I'm a mother I like asking questions and I've never felt more dumb and rushed! I will now be looking for a new dr after 10+ Years of being a patient of hers

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

I highly respect Dr. Bourne. She has helped me so much and has shown genuine concern. At times I feel a little patronized, but she is a great doc, and I hope she never retires!! Although I'd love her job!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

Dr. Bourne has been my Doctor for 20+ years and I feel blessed to have her looking after me! She shows great care and concern - she even left a note in my file for the nurses to follow up with my ear infection while she was on vacation! That is going above and beyond. She is knowledgeable, listens, asks questions and I don't think I have ever waited more than 3 minutes to see her. Her staff is friendly, they have a sense of humour and are always respectful. I LOVE my doctor!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

excellent care and dedication. Dr. Bourne is excellent at follow up.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

She WAS great as I was growing up, but when I returned after being away for 10 yrs...WOW, what a change! To the point where I stopped going all together. I ignored my ailments & only went to the clinic if I had to. She rushed me, never let me ask ?, hardly ask me ? & didn't show concern for me whatsoever. She'd only book tests (many of which weren’t necessary) & didn’t give me results. Once, she booked a follow-up, but she sat in front of her shiny new laptop, in her new expensive office, made no eye contact and only spoke the words "Why are you here?" "I don't know” I said. The visit was max 3 min. I couldn't believe I missed a 1/2 sick day for nothing! This happened a lot. Ohhh, so that's how she paid for the renos! She's rude & only cares to make a quick $. I know it’s hard to find a Dr, but w/ too many patients & no time to give proper care,what's the point. If you need a Dr, have my 3 min slot. I just dropped her for an amazing Dr. who gives me time & genuinely cares!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

Dr. Bourne tried to push the Gardisil vaccine on me, basically telling me I was stupid if I didn't get it although it's a personal choice. I always feel as though she is disrespecting me and just quickly writes a prescription before she has a full understanding of what I'm telling her because she's rushing me out the door. I would not recommend her at all and I am looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2010