Ratings for Dr. Francois Botha

So I recently moved to Gull Lake and I've had terrible shoulder problems since a car accident a year ago. It seems no doctor has been able to help me. One day my whole back muscles swelled up and I was in pain and couldn't do the most simplest things. I dealt with it for a week because I had to work lots. I went to see Dr. Botha as a new doctor for me. He didn't help me at all. He asked me if I still am doing my exercises... when it's been a year and 5 months since then. I've finished my physio therapy. I am always active and I do exercises at night. He gave me inflammation cream.. which didn't help at all but he didn't help me at all with my situation. It's been a month and I'm still suffering the same situation. I believe he could have suggested me to a specialist maybe. Today I went in with a eye infection or sinus. Not sure I just couldn't open my left eye today. He looked at it and said it's an allergy and walked out the door. He didn't even give me helpful tips of what I could do at home. Didn't suggest to give me something that could help so I can drive to work which is an hour drive every day. I had to stop him out the door to ask if he could do something for me. He looked irritated and left to write a prescription. He came back handed me the paper and was walking out the door again!!! Not even have a great day or ask if I had any questions...... I needed a doctor note because my boss requested it. I didn't think this doctor would be in such a hurry to not care about his patients... I am extremely displeased with the disrespect......never going to see him again. I'll drive to stettler if I have to.. just to see a good doctor.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2016

Dr. Botha needs to slow down and get more in touch with his patients and himself. He is forgetful and appears confused at times. Still calls me by my last name after 10 years as a patient. I would change doctors in a heartbeat if i could find another good gp in the mission/maple ridge area. On the other hand he is a very nice person and if you push him gently he will try to get to the bottom of your issues to the best of his ability in the 3 minutes he allows you as a patient. Waiting times have gotten better but he was usually running 40 minutes to as much as an hour behind, which in my eyes is very dis-respectful of a persons time.I like him as a person and he has helped me over the years but i just cannot recommend him based on his rushed and forgetful/confused persona. Time to retire doc.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

Dr. Botha has been our family Doctor for a long time. He always take the time to listen. When my husband was ill with Cancer he showed a lot of care and compassion. We have been very fortunate to have him for our Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

i think Dr. Botha is great. he is knowledgeable, listens well and has offered helpful advice. The staff are also very good, humorous and good natured. Alphonse

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012

My family has attended Dr Botha for several years.He is an exceptional physician with extensive knowledge and, when he has the time available, is engaging and genial in conversation.He always appears to be one step ahead of you and anticipates your statements and questions which means that he is very clever and bright.Whilst preoccupied with writing notes and looking at his computer whilst interviewing, one may feel that he is not looking at you and not paying attention to what you are saying but that is a small price to pay for the attention of a fine, highly-motivated Dctor. In any event, all doctors /specialists do the same thing so..? Get on his roster and you will be very lucky but be patient since he is a very BUSY physician.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

An overall good doctor. Diagnosis and treatments are appropriate. He is somewhat rushed in daily activities which can result in the patient's need to ask questions to confirm facts of findings, diagnosis, treatments. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

if it wasn't for Dr Botha's deep concerns for his patients and myself I know for a fact I would be one sick boy.I would like to thank him for his kindness Wayne MILLAR

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

does not listen ,forgets what you told him very, rushed . told me I had a infection then told a min later I did not have a infection then a min later told me i had infection.told me I was alergic to my meds then told me to keep taking them when i went out the door

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

terrible. rushed, doesn't listen to symptoms. gave me some other patients prescription and got angry with my husband when he questioned him. he actually said we can't come back.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

I love Dr.Botha. He's a professional and compassionate Dr. he takes his time with his patient,not in a hurry to diagnose me. Even i moved from a diff city I still come to him if I get sick.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2010