Ratings for Dr. Francois Botha

This website needs to update their Dr's.... Dr Botha in Maple Ridge has been deceased for at least 2-3 years now.... Reading some of these comments he has clearly he has been mixed up with other Dr. F Botha's. So whoever put in a comment about Dr. Botha most recently (March 18, 2018) is clearly seeing a different doctor in a different area.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

This doctor Botha should have his license taken away for cutting ALL his patients off of pain meds!!!!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

Dr Botha in Bentley has been cutting everybody off of their pain meds and patients that have been prescribed pain med for twenty years plus are finding themselves out of meds as dr Botha won’t prescribe them leaving well over a hundred patients sick and no pain meds simply because he doesn’t like them. And he has a sadistic streak making all his pain patients suffer and in withdrawal. I have personally talked to over 32 people that are very upset with dr Botha in Bentley. Joan the pharmacist has said that all his patients are really mad for not prescribing pain meds. Everybody needs to complain to the physicans college about being left with no pain meds and on withdrawal!!!! I will never see him again.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

have been seeing him a t Bentley care centre and find he is rushed does not explain anything to you and does not listen to you at all sent me to emergency directly from his office told me they would be expecting me and when I asked why he told me not to worry just leave and when I requested he talk to me about my other issues again was told to go very unsettling

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

So I recently moved to Gull Lake and I've had terrible shoulder problems since a car accident a year ago. It seems no doctor has been able to help me. One day my whole back muscles swelled up and I was in pain and couldn't do the most simplest things. I dealt with it for a week because I had to work lots. I went to see Dr. Botha as a new doctor for me. He didn't help me at all. He asked me if I still am doing my exercises... when it's been a year and 5 months since then. I've finished my physio therapy. I am always active and I do exercises at night. He gave me inflammation cream.. which didn't help at all but he didn't help me at all with my situation. It's been a month and I'm still suffering the same situation. I believe he could have suggested me to a specialist maybe. Today I went in with a eye infection or sinus. Not sure I just couldn't open my left eye today. He looked at it and said it's an allergy and walked out the door. He didn't even give me helpful tips of what I could do at home. Didn't suggest to give me something that could help so I can drive to work which is an hour drive every day. I had to stop him out the door to ask if he could do something for me. He looked irritated and left to write a prescription. He came back handed me the paper and was walking out the door again!!! Not even have a great day or ask if I had any questions...... I needed a doctor note because my boss requested it. I didn't think this doctor would be in such a hurry to not care about his patients... I am extremely displeased with the disrespect......never going to see him again. I'll drive to stettler if I have to.. just to see a good doctor.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2016

Dr. Botha needs to slow down and get more in touch with his patients and himself. He is forgetful and appears confused at times. Still calls me by my last name after 10 years as a patient. I would change doctors in a heartbeat if i could find another good gp in the mission/maple ridge area. On the other hand he is a very nice person and if you push him gently he will try to get to the bottom of your issues to the best of his ability in the 3 minutes he allows you as a patient. Waiting times have gotten better but he was usually running 40 minutes to as much as an hour behind, which in my eyes is very dis-respectful of a persons time.I like him as a person and he has helped me over the years but i just cannot recommend him based on his rushed and forgetful/confused persona. Time to retire doc.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

Dr. Botha has been our family Doctor for a long time. He always take the time to listen. When my husband was ill with Cancer he showed a lot of care and compassion. We have been very fortunate to have him for our Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

i think Dr. Botha is great. he is knowledgeable, listens well and has offered helpful advice. The staff are also very good, humorous and good natured. Alphonse

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012

My family has attended Dr Botha for several years.He is an exceptional physician with extensive knowledge and, when he has the time available, is engaging and genial in conversation.He always appears to be one step ahead of you and anticipates your statements and questions which means that he is very clever and bright.Whilst preoccupied with writing notes and looking at his computer whilst interviewing, one may feel that he is not looking at you and not paying attention to what you are saying but that is a small price to pay for the attention of a fine, highly-motivated Dctor. In any event, all doctors /specialists do the same thing so..? Get on his roster and you will be very lucky but be patient since he is a very BUSY physician.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

An overall good doctor. Diagnosis and treatments are appropriate. He is somewhat rushed in daily activities which can result in the patient's need to ask questions to confirm facts of findings, diagnosis, treatments. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011