Ratings for Dr. D. Dean Kumpuris

Dr Kumpusis was my father doctor a few years ago. He suffered many gastro/colon problems which Dr K diagnosed a "twisted" colon, as some sort of blockage would not allow a complete colonoscopy. Although my father continued to deteriorate dr K was never never proactive enough to order another test to confirm the blockage was not a tumor. My father died several weeks later with advanced colon cancer which had metastasized to his liver.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Dr. Kumpuris provided a proper diagnosis after I was misdiagnosed and medicated, based on that misdiagnosis by a GI in the Baptist System in Little Rock. Dr. K has been my GI ever since.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

This doc ran many expensive tests & then said he wasn't "smart enough to help me. " Don't think he even looked at results. Has refused to give me meds to treat my symptoms because I chose to get a different referral than he recommended to another specialist. So he's letting me die in a very painful way.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

He provides a thorough worknow up when it is appropriate.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

Does not listen, does not analyze and just hands you a pill with no discussion or help.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2013

I have seen Dr. Kumpuris many times over the last 10 years. I seen him for about 4 different tests, outpatient, that went well. At first he was an excellent doctor and helped my condition 100%. The meds he prescribed worked well most of the time. But as the years went by I seen him less due to financial reasons. But when I recently did, I felt he was trying to rush me out without hearing my full problems. On my last two visits he did not seem interested to hear my current gastro health enough to help my problem or currectly adjust my meds. Made me feel embarrassed due to my current condition which has gotten worst. His staff was unfriendly and did not bill my insurance correctly. I called to give them my insurance information many times. I contacted my insurance to clear the visit and doctor was covered and how much would be paid. But they still got it wrong and I had to pay the bill and bill the insurance myself. I really needed his help but didn't receive it.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

Dr. Kumpuris was incredibly reliable, professional and immediately made me feel at ease with a new health condition. I usually do not leave feedback but felt compelled to as the feedback here was shocking. He is one of the most well respected doctors not only in Arkansas but in his field and I am just reminded that some people will never be satisfied and will complain any chance they get. I am very happy with my care and have great respect for the work of Dr. Kumpuris.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Staff has twice failed to promptly send orders for tests to the testing site. Both times we've had to call back to the office and specifically ask for the orders. The Dr is prompt about calling back. The wait time in the office is not excessive but not prompt either. The rating on the knowledgeable category is still pending.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

Good experience at doctor's office. Better than expected. On time, polite, spent more time with me and my concerns than my PCP whom is my relative! He alleviated my fears for my EDG and Colonoscopy and was very thoughrough with my after care and lifestyle changes. Called me personally a few weeks later to see how Rx was doing and how my weight loss was going. Called again a few months later. Very caring, knowledgable, and professional! I just can't see any rating below 4 or 5 stars. Shrug.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Dr kumpuris was very rushed with my husband and me. He may have knowledge but sure didn't spend the time with us to impart any. Our new doctor shared more in 5 minutes than we learned over 2 office visits and an EGD.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

Dr. D. Dean Kumpuris's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Commercial Insurance Company