Ratings for Dr. Mary Van Sickle

some people may not want her for being straight forward but for me it helped me become knowledgable of my condition..she's a great Doctor! I won't be alive today if it's not for her...I thank her a lot for that!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2012

Dr. Van Sickle was an awesome doctor. She may not have been the friendliest but you could tell she still had a good heart and cared about the unborn baby. I just thought she was really knowledgeable. She was like that girlfriend you may not want to get their opinion because you don't want to hear the truth but you know you need it. She also gave me encouraging words on personal matters. But she did not do excuses, funny!!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012

Bad enough experience! She may have race to me, I did not get the caring that I paid for. Induced labor turned into emergency c-section as the baby's head never turn around. After the water broke off, she felt it was not the head, it is the foot! At the last check up after the baby born, she did not check the cut of the c-section until I asked.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2011

Dr. Van Sickle has been my doctor for many years and I wouldn't go to anyone else! She has always been very nice to me and answers all my questions.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

Dr. Van Sickle is a wonderful doctor. She is very knowledgable, you just have to draw the information out of her. She is very direct, but it is understandable, because she is a doctor. She asks specific questions and seeks a specific answer, not a story. I prefer this in a doctor as it gets things moving along. You just need to be prepared when you go in if you have a few questions. Have a list and be prepared. The bed side manner was a bit rocky at first, but I realized that it was a two way street. The more personable I became, the more personable she became. Sounds like how people actually act. The wait is a bit long, but depends on what you are having done. The longest I have waited is 45 minutes, but sometimes I am in and out in 15 minutes. This is how it is at every doctor. Our family doctor and pediatrician have 30 minute waits as well. My husband really likes her because she is direct, specific, and practical. A good doctor to cut through the drama and worries of the world.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

We had initially planned on using her as our obstetrician, but quickly changed our minds. She has a terrible bedside manner and clearly does not want to answer patient's questions. Moreover, when we had some trouble with our pregnancy, she got angry with me for taking up too much of her and her staff's time with questions. I would NEVER recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Van Sickle for several years. She was the first doctor to diagnose the reason for my infertility. She recommended a treatment plan and was very helpful. She always took the time to explain things and never talked down to me. She had to do several surgeries and address complications. Her bed side manner is excellent. I would recommend her to anyone wanting a compasionate doctor.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

I have mixed emotions about Dr. Van Sickle. While I believe she is very knowledgeable I think she sometimes makes her patients feel stupid. I trust her and like her as a doctor but would not recommend her to someone who can get their feelings hurt. She can be very up front and almost too much. Overall great Dr. for the right person.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

I went Van Sickle after high recommendations from several people. This was hands down the WORST experience I have ever had with a "Dr." She hurt me very badly during the exam, I bled for 3 days after, and then had the nerve to accuse me of trying to nothing more then sue her. She was incredibly late more than 2 1/2 hrs, and staff kept lying about the wait time. I had a Hypoglycemic episode because of the long wait, she simply said it was my fault for not asking for soda or crackers from her staff. At point she threw down her pen and told me she only wanted patients with a positive attitude, because she didn't have to put up with negativity. Dr's are supposed to make you feel better not worse.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Vansickle for about 5 years. She has helped me to understand menopause and all the changes my body is going through. Yes, you do have to wait sometimes 1 to 1 1/2 hours, but bring a book to read. She is worth the wait!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010

Dr. Mary Van Sickle's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1985)