Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth Luke

Glad to hear she retired so she can`t harm anyone else with her outdated ideas and scary medication combinations. She is in need of help!!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

I saw Dr. Luke for around 4 years. She was the first psychiatrist I ever saw. When I first began seeing her, she was very helpful and was frank about what she thought I needed to do to improve my situation or mood. My experiences with her were mostly positive. However, I do have some criticisms. Her age was a problem frequently. As others have commented, she could not hear very well and I frequently had to repeat what I had said. Even though her little dog was adorable, I thought it was unprofessional to have a dog in an office. (I'm very allergic to animals. My appointments were short so the dog didn't affect my allergies too much. Regardless, I couldn't see why she would need her dog in the room while seeing patients.) I also feel that Dr. Luke overmedicated me and I am struggling to quit some of the medication she prescribed me

flag | Submitted December 1, 2010

Best doctor ever! It's a shame that this lady retired. She retired at 83, she was compassionate and intelligent, she deserves some respect!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2010

This doctors is one of best in her field. She saved my life. Dr. Luke is a very intelligent, caring and compassionate lady. I would absolutely recommend her although she is retired.us I wish her all the best as that is what she's gave me in treatments with her. The most caring and dedicated doctor i have ever been to. I just i can find another doctor as wonderful as she was!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2010

She was my very first psychiatrist. After dealing with her for a year i'm lucky i didnt commit suicide. She was supposed to be treating me for depression. Doesn't listen, doesn't care, rude, says random nonsense comments that don't help me at all. I guess she believes in the "tough love" treatment, she told me to shut up, stop whining, grow up and get a life cause no one is going to do it for me. Yeah, true. good advice. just not something you want to be yelling at a suicidal patient who's on edge. I left her office feeling worse and never wanted to go back. I hated my appts with her and eventually just stopped treatment for years.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2010

She arrive almost late all the time. She cannot hear that well during the sesssion. She ask the same questions on every meeting. Not very helpful on situations except she'll change dosage on medication.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

Can`t believe she is still allowed to practice. Totally out of touch with reality!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

Dr Luke arrived 45 minutes late from lunch; conducting the entire intake appt wearing sunglasses so dark I could not make eye contact with her. She had a dog with her, without asking me what I thought of that; she consumed 2 large tumblers of water during the 30 minute appt; missing her mouth more often than not. She asked me the same questions repeatedly and had clearly not read my GPs referral. She focused more on inquiry as to my 2 children than regarding my reasons for seeking service. She asked 4 times if I thought my son was gay... an irrelevant question; completely out of context. The "assessment" ended as abruptly as it had begun with her prescribing a med for anxiety. When I asked about side effects she said,"Oh, no one has any trouble with this." and suggested I Google it. She finished up with inane, inappropriate comments: "Sometimes things get worse before they get better, every cloud has a silver lining, keep your chin up." I was not heard; not assessed. What a farce!?!?!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

Never seemed to remember me, saw her for years and she still asked me the same questions every visit, how old my kids were, whether I had a boyfriend or not. One time told me to "do something with your hair" (I had just gotten a new style, guess she didn't like it). As her patient I felt invisible and very much like I didn't matter. No follow up on missed appointments. Every time you want talk about anything important or emotionally charged she stops you by asking you to repeat it (she's partially deaf, I think) and so you really lose momentum/continuity and can't ever seem to get her to connect or understand your feelings.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009

This Doctor should have her licence pulled. She has had her hospital privleges revoked by Surrey Memmorial Hospital. I lose all trust in our medical profession when Doctors like this are allowed to practice medicine and hand out medication that can kill people if not perscribed correctly

flag | Submitted November 12, 2007