Ratings for Dr. L. Elizabeth Bernstein

I do not understand the other negative comments. Dr Bernstein was wonderful Very patient and empathetic. Took the time to fully explain everything. Very helpful advice and excellent medical attention. I am much healthier now due to Dr Bernstein.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Terrible personality and bedside manner ,shows no compassion with patients. I found her to be rude and arrogant.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

I have seen her for several years. I found her to be empathetic. I appreciate her for considering my larger medical picture when managing my thyroid hormone levels. Unlike some of the reviewers, I have not found her to be dismissive. She was, however, a bit too open about criticizing my primary care doctor's management of my thyroid

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I waited 1.5 hours to see Dr. Bernstein. She spent less than 10 minutes with me. She was hurried and dismissive, bordering on just plain rude. She acted scornful of the symptoms I described. Her only "medical advice" was to give me samples of brand-name Synthroid and tell me to return in three months. The previous negative reviews describe my experience as well. I virtually never write negative reviews; however, I wish I had read these prior to my visit with her and would suggest that others request an appointment with another doctor--any other doctor!--in the practice.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2016

As soon as Bernstein walked in and routinely opened her laptop, I felt attacked by her. My reason for making an appointment with her was to seek help with my problems. Quickly I felt defeated by her dismissal of my symptoms. I wasted a half day and hard earned money (which I felt was ill earned by her). She offered me NO medical advise! It was one of the worst experiences I have ever had to endure!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I tried to stick with Bernstein for a couple years. My first few appts were rushed and confusing, but I kept going back because I had been recommended to her by another doctor I trusted after searching for some time. However, after the last 2 appts I had with her, I will never recommend her to anyone nor will I put up with her condescending, arrogant dismissive treatment. She made me feel like I was an inconvenience to her day, who was wasting her time. After my last appt., I was SHOCKED by her attitude and the way she spoke to me and made me feel as a patient. If you're debating whether or not to see Bernstein for your treatment, save yourself the time & trouble & find someone else. Terrible bedside manner & makes sloppy, rushed decisions that effect lives. This is a dangerous doctor to trust, & I no longer will.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Dr. Bernstein had little interest in finding answers to my questions, and offered me no medical advice whatsoever. A complete waste of time and money. She seemed bored and hurried.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

I had high hopes when I went to see Dr. Bernstein for the first time. I've had various mysterious problems that my regular doctor associated with my throid. Dr. Bernstein was not helpful at all and acted as if I'd made up all my symptoms-VERY FRUSTRATING. Needless to say, I never went back.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

This doctor is exceptional....at not following up with clients and communicating effectively results to patients and/or other doctors. Does not understand, in the least, that patients should be empowered, not devalued.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

Knowledgeable,intelligent,and through. Obviously knows her stuff and because of these things provided me with a real sense of trust. Something I need in a doctor. One of the best I've been to in a while.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

Dr. L. Elizabeth Bernstein's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1999)