Ratings for Dr. Courtney R. Herbert

Dr Herbert is clearly well qualified as a dermatologist but lacks adequate beside manner and rushes patients through with little to no information. I waited 6 months for my three children to get in when we moved to Virginia. They all suffer from terrible eczema and i was anxious to get them started with a regular dermatologist. The first experience was awful she booked all 3 in separate appointments but when we arrived took all in at the same time. Managed to get histories and crank us through in under 20 min for everyone! I tihought this was just a busy day so after a year I brought back my daughter only for a full freckle exam. Had to wait 7 months to get her in because of the in depth nature of the exam. This time Dr Herbert and her team managed to get us through in under 15 min which even included removal of a suspicious freckle. The Dr just kept interrupting my questions with "we will call you" as we were rushed out. Not another patient in the office we were booked for an hour. What's the rush? In the end they even sent her prescription to the wrong pharmacy in spite of the history taker entering it right in front of us in our room. I don't think we will go back. Our copay alone costs more than 15 min of her time. She's just very rude and uncaring in spite of her excellent qualifications as a Dermatologist.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Horrible bedside manner. Absolutely self-absorbed.

Submitted May 5, 2016

I currently reside overseas and during my visit to the Washington, DC area in December 2014, it took several weeks to get an appointment with Dr. Courtney as a new patient. To be candid, I was very disappointed at how fast my consultation lasted - less than 4 minutes. She was fast to prescribe other medications related to psoriasis. I spent more time being interviewed by the nurse and her laptop than with the actual doctor. I have seen several dermatologist in the world and certainly rank Dr. Herbert at the bottom. My previous consultation with a Danish doctor in Dubai lasted 45 minutes. She was methodical and thorough. Dr. Herbert - literally not more than 5 minutes. The rapid consolation was shocking and I was speechless. The ladies in the front desk are robotic and all they care about is getting paid by the insurance companies. What ever happened to qualitative medical care? Quite disappointing.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

I have been a patient for a couple of years and have been considering looking for another doctor, which I finally decided that I will. I am dissatisfied with the office staff and the doctor. I was 8 minutes late to an appointment (parking at the garage is at times challenging) and I was asked to reschedule. The next appointment I arrived to be told that my appointment was canceled and the receptionist forgot to call me! When it comes to the doctor, she spends as little time as possible with you. I asked to talk about two issues that I have and she said that I have to schedule another appointment to talk about the other issue (which wouldn't have taken long). I had a rash that she hasn't been able to treat. She removed a few moles from my body and I developed an infection. And the pathology office that they use doesn't tell you the degree of your atypical moles, which gives me uncertainty and worry. No more Dr. Herbert for me.

Submitted November 21, 2014

I was extremely disappointed with my visits at FDL dermatology. In scheduling my appointment, the receptionist was extremely snarky and short with me, claiming that the office did not have copies of my insurance provider paperwork (though I had had appointments previously) and I waited on hold for 10 minutes while she looked for the paperwork. My appointment with Dr. Herbert herself was good, though a little rushed (she was in the room for maybe 3 minutes), and she deferred my questions. I was prescribed an antibiotic and after filling, paying for, and taking the antibiotic, I was informed that I didn't even need to take it when I called the office about my lab results. A receptionist called back after 2 weeks and rudely told me that I needed to schedule another appointment with Dr. Herbert but I declined. Overall, Dr. Herbert seemed capable but I was very unimpressed with the client service, the attitude of the receptionist, and the forgetfulness of the office staff.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

Yes, Dr. Herbert is lovely to look at. No question. But, most importantly, she is a thorough, articulate and intelligent Dr. Her full body check of my child has found suspicous moles we had not really noticed. Her referring Dr. was fantastic as well. My family has built a relationship with her and her staff. I feel comfortable knowing she is our Dr. I think the reason why there sometimes is a long wait is because she is the best derm in the area!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

Saw doctor for a rash-my family doctor recommended her. She was very nice, remarkable bedside manner and I found her staff to be amicable as well. My rash is completely gone. Would return-have passed her card around at work. Worth the long wait to see her!!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2010

Dr.Herbert and her staff were great. I went to her office for a normal mole checkup. After a very detailed exam ..Dr. Herbert noticed a little tiny spot.. This was far from anything I was concerned about as I was more concerned with some larger ones. After biopsy it turned out to be a very bad cell formation that leads to melenoma. I am grateful for Dr. Herbert for being so detailed and professional as well as saving what could have been a very very issue down the road.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2010

I saw this doctor after a three month wait and it was definitely worth it. The waiting room is small so I had to wait almost 20 minutes before a nurse took me to the room. However, Dr. Herbert introduced herself to me and apologized that she was running a bit late. I have never been to a doctor wherehe/she has personally taken responsibility for being late. WOW!!Her nurses were efficient and kind. I had a good experience and will return next year for my skin check. I did not feel rushed and I was also able to meet with her Aesthetician. All of my questions were answered. I am not a big fan of on line ratings, but felt compelled to write a great review aboutb this dr.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010

The doctor diagnosed a skin cancer onm my first visit and I had it removed by a MOHS surgeon.She saved my life.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2010

Dr. Courtney R. Herbert's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1999)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Arlington, VA