Ratings for Dr. Richard L. Rupp

They don't come any better than Dr Rupp. He has successfully treated every member of my family (wife, two sons, father-in-law, and me.) He is extremely knowledgeable, even well beyond podiatry. Accurately diagnosed my leg/foot pain as a spinal problem. The first physician to do so after >two decades of chronic pain . Be prepared: he has an off-kilter sense of humor, and that's being diplomatic. He has a wonderful, responsive, competent, talented staff. I have moved out of state but have never seen another podiatrist, nor has any member of my family seen a different podiatrist, even though none of us lives in L.A. We always return to see him for treatment. I've never "rated" a doctor before, but this guy is one-of-a-kind.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. Rupp has helped me numerous times with ingrown toenails and I wouldn't use anyone else. Great doctor and friendly staff.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Dr Rupp performed the wrong surgery on my feet in 2003. It is now 2015 and all these years I live with horrible foot pain as a result. He also gave me too many cortisone shots which causes the fat pad to shrink meaning you're walking on you foot bones with no padding. Between the injections and wrong surgery he ruined my life. How can a doctor who basically maimed me continue to practice? From the bottom of my heart, find another podiatrist.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

In 1996 Dr. Rupp fixed my chronic sprained ankle, which had been limiting my activity for 9 months, in 2 visits, and very expertly. This was just a few years before the patient who developed Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) had their surgery. I can well understand how devastated the patient with CRPS feels, because I have had it myself in my right hand following fracturing my 5th metacarpal in a fall. But the onset of CRPS cannot be predicted because its causes are not well understood. It is a dreadful, quality-of-life destroying condition, but it can be fixed. I am typing now, with both hands. But I was lucky, I was diagnosed early, and received great care. Still, it took me 6 months of intensive, very painful therapy. I recommend that the patient who is suffering from CRPS stop blaming Dr. Rupp, and visit Dr. Hilary Fausett, who is also in Glendale, and under whose care I got the help I needed to recover. Good luck, and I am sorry to be using this rating page to transmit this information, but the CRPS patient clearly needs help and won't get it by continually blaming Dr. Rupp…. Dr. Fausett, on the other hand, can help this person. I hope they will make an appointment with her, and will gain hope and eventually recover. Meanwhile, other patients should not be afraid to visit this office. The care you receive is top-notch. Dr. Rupp also cured my daughter's wart in 3 visits without pain. She had received very painful treatments from a different doctor for 6 months which had not helped. And he competently set her foot when she broke 3 bones in it. I endorse him whole heartedly. He is super smart and very professional.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

This man seriously maimed me. He stole my life by giving me CRPS in both feet. His surgery skills are poor at best. What's so sad is that I trusted him. So naive! I can't emphasize enough how one man, one day, one surgery altered my life forever and each day I long to have it back. But that can never be thanks to Richard Rupp.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

His surgery gave me CRPS 2. Pain for the rest of my life plus extensive pain expenses. Do not go to this doctor for surgery. He may be ok for an I grown toenail or basic, basic care. Sad for me this man ruined my life -- actually he robbed me of an active, normal life and because of the pain I live with depression and dispair.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2013

Going on ten whole years now since he performed the bilateral foot surgery and each day the pain cobtinues to wear me down. I am only half the person I was before he made my life a living nightmare. Sadly, other doctors have tried to help but the nerve pain resulting in his surgeries is so severe. I have spent a lot trying to in-do his poor surgical skill. Please heed this warning as there are many more qualified surgeons in LA. For me, it's too late and I kick myself for my foolish choice everyday of my life.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

Dr. Rupp is the best!!! I have had 2 neuroma surgeries from him and he also took care of me when I broke my foot in a waterskiing accident. He is very personable and explains things extremely well. I run daily and am on my feet at work for 6-7 hours without pain! Thank-you Dr. Rupp!!!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

Where can I start? Knowing I have lived in a hell of pain since seeing Dr Rupp. First of all he gave me too many cortisone shots wearing down the fat pad in my feet. The result is daily agony. Then he performed the wrong surgery on my feet causing me more horrible pain that has ruined my life going on 10 years later. He should not be practicing medicine. Stay away!!!!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2012

flag | Submitted April 14, 2012

Dr. Richard L. Rupp's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1976)

Oxford