Ratings for Dr. Brian E. Winslow

Dr. Winslow was my dentist as a child and young adult.He was pretty intimidating,to me as a child although I am terrified of the dentist.He was very understanding of it though,and I always got a toy at end,even as I got older.He tried to make me comfortable and would talk to me, and if that didnt work he'd have an assistant there to hold my hand. My procedures always took a great deal of time and were always painful even with novicane.I recall one specific time I was in process of getting a root canal done,it was over a long period of time. He was in contact with other dentist to make it go smootherand easier for me. I know he was trying his best but I was always in tons of pain and dreaded going to dentist. One night I told my mother I wanted to go to dentist. She knew It was a big deal,but dentist office was closed, it was late at night and dr. Winslow was on vacation.Still my mother called him and he met us at the dentist office a few hours later, and helped. - michele waser

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

Took my daughter to Dr. Winslow for a Root Canal. My daughter has a sensitive gag reflex, and we notified him of that. He was certain he could handle the reflex without even testing with any tools. He took me to his office and tried to convince me to pull the tooth, and let a wisdom tooth slide in the spot. I refused to pull the tooth, and he became angry. He then gave my daughter some Novocain, then began without waiting for the Novocain to kick in. He started to put the rubber dam on, which caused my daughter to gag profusely. She asked him to take it off, and he said no, and tried to hold it in position as my she gagged more, in which I asked him to take it off as well, which he ignored. My daughter then began screaming and I had to physically force him away from her. We left. Later, I noticed my daughter's mouth bleeding in multiple areas. Cuts were all over her gums, caused by the metal dam part. My daughter didn't squirm once during the procedure. I DO not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

Dr Winslow was my young son's Orthodontist. As part of the treatment he said he was going to have to remove two permanent of the larger back teeth (molars?). He said he was just going to wiggle them out and that novacaine would not be needed. At the time I trusted tat he knew what he was doing and I allowed the proceedure to continue. Well, it proved to be a most horrific experience for my son. To this day (he is now 19)he recounts the repeated slipping of the pliers and the excrutiating pain of the extractions. I continue to feel wrought with guilt for allowing this. Why would a dentist suggest such a thing? A childrens dentist now less. Our subsequent dentist finds it very odd that our son is left with an uneven number of teeth on each side of his mouth. Yes, great job Dr Winslow - NOT!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2009

This dentist specializes in pediatrics. Brought my 5 yr old in for a crown. When he began to cry because he was scared and it hurt, the doctor yelled at him to be quiet and knock it off. He was very rough with him and yelled very loudly at him several times. At one point he hit the nerve of the tooth and my son yelled out and began to cry again. Doctor then took the bloody napkin that hangs around the neck and covered his mouth with it and told him to be quiet and that he didnt tolerate loud yelling and crying in his office. My son was so upset he was choking and coughing on his saliva. I was stunned and in shock. I didnt know what to do. I wont take him back there and we are reporting him to the ADA.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2008