Ratings for Dr. Curtis Steele

He is good at listening and is very helpful. Best of luck in the interview.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia hereby gives notice that pursuant to Section 57 of the Medical Act, the licence to practice medicine of Dr. Curtis Steele has been revoked.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr Steel is perhaps a little aloof but he's great at administering QiGong. It was very helpful to me, in a difficult period in my life, whereby medicine and talk therapy just was not helpful. It's too bad that people who are narrow minded cannot see the potential. There's nothing a doctor can do, if a client is not open to the wisdom of his healing practices.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

He is a very kind and caring Psychiatrist. Being out of province, I really miss being his patient. I like that he uses alternative treatments that you can also learn to use yourself, it is empowering.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2012

A Very Poor Excuse for a Doctor! This man MUST have his license revoked. Does not talk to you and if he did it would not matter as he is deaf and does not where a hearing aid. He told me that he read my report and he knows all about me and will "fix" me. He then proceeded with some very unique alternative medicine which made me feel extremely uncomfortable. He did not address my mental health issues which are related to chronic pain. All he did was spend 20 minutes behind me waving his hands in the air. This is not an appropriate mental health treatment. I am a great believer in alternative medicine but this was just bizarre. He also told me to do a couple of physical exercises that were well beyond my ability. Now thanks to his incompetency I am no longer allowed to use the Capitol Health mental health services as I cancelled all future appointments and they will not refer me to another doctor. Avoid at all costs!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Yes, he is more of a healer than a psychiatrist and I am really glad that he stays where he is, so that people under Medicare have access to more than just pills. Recommended for anyone who believes that their state of mind makes a difference. The chigong treatment helped relieve my anxiety.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010

Very poor doctor.I've long suffered from depression and anxiety. He suggested ridiculous things....such as we needed to chant and use crystals to draw away the negative aura that was causing my depression. This man is in the wrong profession. If he wants to be a holistic healer then he shouldn't be working for Capitol Health.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2010

He has been disciplined by the medical board for inappropriate actions. If you have issues a letter to them would help anyone referred to him in the future. Sounds to me like things are getting worse, not better.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2010

a little strange -- needs to wear his hearing aid, different approach

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

I have anxiety and depression he reviewed my medical records and said he said I am psychotic. It took him five mins to come up with this conclusion without even asking me any questions . For the rest of the appointment he rubbed my head and back this was creepy and made me more tense. I was looking to get suggestions on therapy not a massage form a 70 year old man.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010