Ratings for Dr. Robert E. Pate

The office staff was exceptional until I needed to reschedule 2 same day appointments. I had a baby in November 2012 and on both occasions she and I were both sick. My appointments are always scheduled on Mondays ( my husbands ONLY off day) so there is no way for me to reschedule if we are sick over the weekend. I spoke with the receptionist and the office manager and both seemed extremely irritated, but after going back and forth they left me with the impression that I would not be charged a reschedule fee. Two days later a statement came in the mail for $55. After calling and speaking to some one in the office and talking with the manager they refused to cancel the fee. My husband and I were patients for over 6 years. We removed ourselves from the patients list and mailed in a partial payment. They cashed the check, slapped a finance charge on our bill, and sent us a bill that was MORE than the previous and demanded payment in full or they would send us to collections.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

I have been to four appointments. I have ZERO complaints. Great experience and the staff is very kind. Dr. Pate always seems to be pleasant.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Dr. Pate and is staff is wonderful they are great with kids as well.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

Terribly service. Apparently you to call them & confirm an appointment. I was under impression that you called to cancel, & if not your appointment was still good. I drove all way there (23) miles just to be told they cancelled my appointment. I think I'm going to find a new dentist.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

I have used Dr Pate for over 20 years upon my wife's suggestion. She has a low tolerance for pain swears he is the best. He has been great for me. I have had issues caused by the dentist I went to as a child. When needed he has also refered me to other dentist who were also excellent in there help. We also get to pick at each other since I am an Auburn fan and he is a Bama grad. He will be my dentist till one of us is gone.:

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

Went for my first cleaning and xrays in several years. Found the staff friendly, and Dr. Pate to be kind and very good. I will go back for a follow up. They found no problems and did not tell me I need a lot of expensive work done in the future.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

wow, I think maybe the people who responded negatively to Dr. Pate have to be those people you roll your eyes at one the Peopleofwalmart.com website. He has always been very thorough, friendly, and even funny. Any injections I have received have not been very painful and I have had all my wisdom teeth removed by him in my 20s. If he reacts negatively to someone, I'm sure that person probably deserved it because he's a very laid back guy. I've recommended him to several people. If you are a hypochondriac, don't go to him, otherwise, you may be surprised :)

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

I am very pleased with Dr. Pate. I don't know the doctor these other people are talking about. Dr. Pate has never used bad language or been unpleasant in any way. I had a filling come out and they scheduled me for a visit in two days. I've never heard anyone at his office be unhappy with him except for one denture patient and from what I could hear it was she who was being difficult. I like Dr. Pate and will continue going there.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr.Pate's for many years now. He has always been very compassionate to any pain I've had and has never hurt me in any procedure he has performed on me(and I've had a lot). Although novacaine injections are not pleasant, they are far from being unbearable and I'm a great big baby when it comes to pain. I've even recommended him to friends and they love him as much as I do. If it were not for him, I would not have a tooth in my head that was my own. I find him very professional, friendly, caring, and he even has a sense of humor (which is very rare in medical professions these days). I'm glad I found a dentist like Dr. Pate and would recommend him to anyone I know, even those that are bigger babies than I am when it comes to pain.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2011

I had only seen him once before, to have some teeth extracted as I have had poor dental health and need dentures soon. I asked for nitrous oxide as I was nervous, and when he shot me up with novocaine, I made a sound because it hurt a little. I didn't curse, yell or say anything negative towards him. He threw down his gloves and stormed out saying he wouldn't even try because I couldn't handle it...I asked what was wrong...the assistant said he would come back and try again. I was crying because I was so nervous and upset by his behavior. He stuck me again and stopped when my lips started to quiver from being emotional. He proceeded to complain about how I couldn't handle getting shots and that he wasn't going to bother doing the work if I was going to be so difficult...? I left in a hurry as I was humiliated and embarassed. I'm ashamed by my teeth already, I didn't need to be shamed by his unprofessional behavior. Beware!!!!!! He has a temper and will verbally abuse you.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2009