Ratings for Dr. Howard I. Schwartz

He is wonderful, caring, funny and yet serious. He takes the time to answer questions. He delivered our son with no problems after a complicated pregnancy.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Submitted February 10, 2015

Excellent doctor. Delivered both of my children both which would have had severe complication had it not been for him and his interventions! He delivers most of his babies not a partner you don't know. Takes time to learn whats important to you . Always had me and my families best interest. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Fantastic doctor! Always spent the time necessary to calm my fears during my two pregnancies. I had three miscarriages in Denver prior to moving back to Kansas City and finding Dr. Schwartz. He helped me through two difficult pregnancies and delivered my two wonderful children - whom I consider to be miracle babies. Dr. Schwartz has been my gynecologist for 31 years and I never want to change doctors!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

Wonderful DR. The office wait was long but I know it's because he was taking time with one of his other patients as he did EACH and EVERY time with me. He explained all tests that I was having and that was available to me and made me feel very comfortable. I couldn't have picked a better dr. During the delivery when I was certain I wasnt doing a good job he was positive and reassuring. THANK YOU DR. SCHWARTZ!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

Dr. Schwartz has a grasp of how birth works best that most clinicians lack. He attended the birth of my daughter and I am extremely happy with his help. His experience and patience were critical to my situation turning out okay. My only hesitation in recommending him is that I know how busy he is already. He is that busy because he is so good.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

I am a certified doula and I recommend him every single time. For a low risk delivery, I recommend his midwives who are the best in hospital births period. Dr. Schwartz has saved the lives of two of my patients, he is the ONLY doctor in KC that I would trust to do an external version, forceps delivery, vaginal breech delivery or vaginal twins delivery. He has a gift and he is very respectful of a woman's ability to birth. Yes, the waits are long, but that's because he delivers almost all of his babies, he is often called out for emergencies and he is a very busy OB. When you chose a doctor to deliver your baby, what happens in the office is not nearly as important as what happens when it's time to deliver your baby. I attend birthing mothers at virtually every hospital in the KC Metro area and have first hand knowledge of their birthing practices, c section rates and complications.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

He is quick with the office visit, but I had miscarrages easily and he put me on medicine to help me strengthen my uterus!!!! He's very therall, and has a witty personality, pretty funny as well!!! He is an awesome doctor!!!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2013

Wonderful OB. Spent the time necessary with me and always answered my questions. I am done having children but I would recommend Dr Schwartz to everyone I know.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2013

By far the worst! I always waited at least 2 hours in the waiting room and then another 30 minutes. I had a previous per term delivery but that didn't seem to be a concern to him. When I went into labor at 35 weeks I was told that I wasn't in labor,I was in excruciating pain and he refused to let me get an epidural. As I was getting ready to be discharged from the hospital my water broke and I was still refused any pain relief, when my son was CROWNING the nurse was holding him in because he still has not come to deliver him. It was total chaos and the worst delivery experience of my life.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

Dr. Howard I. Schwartz's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Kansas City, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)