Ratings for Dr. Libby Edwards

Prior to my appointment a month ago, I could look past Dr E.'s lack of bedside manner and concentrate on her expertise & how good her last nurse was (who I spent more time communicating with in appointments). A month ago, I went to see Dr. Edwards, and her newly-hired nurse was almost in tears when asking me questions in the exam room. Dr Edwards came in and took out her frustrations with her new nurse on me by militantly drilling me with questions and interrupting each answer, with raised voice nearly yelling at me, if I answered in less than one word. Had she listened for five seconds, she would have had her answers. It was apparent that the newer nurse was in tears due to how Dr Edwards treated her. I don't know if I will return. Her treatment of me and her staff goes against everything that her website advertises and what I have seen in her online guides that she has presented to doctors in the field. How can someone who mentors younger doctors, & has won awards for mentoring, treat patients so poorly? As a business owner myself, please deal with staff issues outside of the patient relationship. In addition, the recommendations she made in this last appointment should not have been made given my medical history. I do not think that she reviewed my chart any over the eight months that I had seen her. If you have to see Dr E., be prepared that on her bad days, she can be vicious.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

After many months of feeling hopeless, Dr. Edwards helped me take control of my condition and begin recovery. She was extremely helpful and her staff were professional, made me feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I have gone to Dr. Edwards several times with several different problems. She has cured me on all of the problems where other doctors had no clue what to do. She can be somewhat rude at times but if you can see past this, this lady is brilliant. Her staff is not very professional but really the doctor is brilliant.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Libby Edwards is an knowledgeable professional who seeks invites patients to become educated about their condition and the role they have in caring for themselves. I cannot rate her highly enough.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

Dr. Edwards is knowledgable and helpful. Her bedside manner was wonderful. She really cares that her patients get better. She gave me hope that my issue would be resolved. All of her staff were cheerful and kind. Visiting her office and being under her care has been a very positive experience.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

My mother traveled from VA to NC to see Dr. Edwards who was recommended by her local dermatologist. Dr. Edwards and her staff are incompetent. They took a biopsy and said they would call in a week. After many, many calls to get the results and promised return calls, finally after 5 weeks a semi diagnosis was given but that they had to get one more test results. After one more week, they finally called with a totally different diagnosis. Her local MD tried to contact Dr. Edwards again she would not return her call either. This is a disgusting way to treat a patient. Especially an elderly woman that had to travel to see her and is in a massive amount of pain. My Mom is still unclear on what to do next as no treatment was offered. She is in a lot of pain and has no hope in getting better at this point. Dr. Edwards should be ashamed of herself, what a disgrace to the medical profession.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

The rudest and most unprofessional Doctor I have ever come across. This woman should never be allowed to see patients

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

This woman is a complete hack. She mangled my daughter's back and my daughter now needs plastic surgery as a result. The doctor also has a horrible demeanor...stay away!!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Worth the inconvenience of the staff because of her knowledge and skill.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

I was referred to Dr . Libby by my primary physician because she was supposed to be really good. Well here was my experience. I checked in, filled out the paperwork then was brought back into a room that used to be a bathroom with the pedestal sink still in there. The first last I encountered was nice. Then Dr . Libby comes in introduced herself and checked me over, asked me if her staff gave me a pamphlet and told me to get back dressed and crack the door when I'm done. Mean while her and her assistant is outside of the door whispering, how unprofessional, and then once I was done dressing I cracked the door and she said you didn't finish that fast, and I said I read the paper not the pamphlet, she goes"Well I have to see another patient any ways" and her assistant laughs, so she said while you read the pamphlet I'm going to take care of another patient, I decided to leave, I've never been treated like that nor disrespected in such a way. I would not recommend her to any of my friends or family!

Submitted October 8, 2015