Ratings for Dr. Libby Edwards

Dr. Edwards is knowledgable and helpful. Her bedside manner was wonderful. She really cares that her patients get better. She gave me hope that my issue would be resolved. All of her staff were cheerful and kind. Visiting her office and being under her care has been a very positive experience.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

My mother traveled from VA to NC to see Dr. Edwards who was recommended by her local dermatologist. Dr. Edwards and her staff are incompetent. They took a biopsy and said they would call in a week. After many, many calls to get the results and promised return calls, finally after 5 weeks a semi diagnosis was given but that they had to get one more test results. After one more week, they finally called with a totally different diagnosis. Her local MD tried to contact Dr. Edwards again she would not return her call either. This is a disgusting way to treat a patient. Especially an elderly woman that had to travel to see her and is in a massive amount of pain. My Mom is still unclear on what to do next as no treatment was offered. She is in a lot of pain and has no hope in getting better at this point. Dr. Edwards should be ashamed of herself, what a disgrace to the medical profession.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

The rudest and most unprofessional Doctor I have ever come across. This woman should never be allowed to see patients

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

This woman is a complete hack. She mangled my daughter's back and my daughter now needs plastic surgery as a result. The doctor also has a horrible demeanor...stay away!!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Worth the inconvenience of the staff because of her knowledge and skill.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

I was referred to Dr . Libby by my primary physician because she was supposed to be really good. Well here was my experience. I checked in, filled out the paperwork then was brought back into a room that used to be a bathroom with the pedestal sink still in there. The first last I encountered was nice. Then Dr . Libby comes in introduced herself and checked me over, asked me if her staff gave me a pamphlet and told me to get back dressed and crack the door when I'm done. Mean while her and her assistant is outside of the door whispering, how unprofessional, and then once I was done dressing I cracked the door and she said you didn't finish that fast, and I said I read the paper not the pamphlet, she goes"Well I have to see another patient any ways" and her assistant laughs, so she said while you read the pamphlet I'm going to take care of another patient, I decided to leave, I've never been treated like that nor disrespected in such a way. I would not recommend her to any of my friends or family!

Submitted October 8, 2015

No one ever calls you back... Extremely frustrating. I have pretty much learned how to care for myself with research and a private online group that shares my disease. Out of pocket... She doesn't do insurance. Not happy. Office run very very poorly!!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

I can honestly say I've never felt more comfortable and confident in a doctor's care as I do with Dr. Edwards. She really is an exceptionally intelligent and knowledgeable doctor. I find her personality completely down to earth and "real." She gives me her full attention and I truly feel listened to. Unlike some of the other comments here, I have always found the staff extremely kind and helpful. Everyone always seems very laid back and relaxed with makes calling and visiting the office a very positive experience. Mid Charlotte Dermatology, Dr. Edwards and her staff are exceptional.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

I am not sure how knowledgeable the doctor is because I never even got to see her. I made an appointment six months prior to my visit and discussed extensively that I would need to use VA authorized coverage for the visit. I asked if there would be any problems with that and the guy there told me to fax all the authorization paperwork in. I had all my medical records sent from other dermatologists, mailed my packet in and faxed my VA authorization......I even had to extend the authorization to cover the six month waiting period. I talked to the same guy after they received all of my information and he said everything was in order for my appointment. So I drove four hours to visit the doctor....when I arrived they said I would have to pay 350 dollars out of pocket for the initial visit, and all subsequent visits as they do not accept VA medical coverage.....needless to say I felt very upset. The office manager was horribly rude and disrespectful. She completely lacked the business finesse the help difuse the situation....her lack of compassion and failure to even attempt to apologize is unacceptable.....it should be embarrassing for this medical office to turn veterans away. I was never asked if I had Blue Cross Blue Shield when I was serving in the Army overseas during the war.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Dr. Libby Edwards is the best doctor ever, I have lichen sclerosus and vulvodynia and was in pretty bad shape, but because of Dr. Edwards I'm able to walk and sit better. she is wonderful and very knowledgeable and her staff is the greatest, I'm so happy she is my doctor. thanks again Dr. Edwards, your the best doctor in the world.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014