Ratings for Dr. Libby Edwards

Dr. Edwards knows her stuff. I traveled 3 hours to see her and it has been the best decision I've made as far as my battle. I saw several doctors in my city that had no idea what was wrong with me or insinuated it was in my head. I felt her bedside manner was great, especially at my first appointment. She stayed and answered all of my questions and educated me about the condition and all of the treatment options we would try. The best part was she literally printed out and gave me a list of the plan. If this doesn't work, we do this, and so on from there. It gave me hope that I had options. It did take getting close to the end of the list before I saw results, but it was all worth it. There were times I thought she seemed rushed, but for me the most important appointment was the first and once I had that handout with a plan I didn't feel like I needed her to spend 30 minutes with me every time I came in. I cannot recommend her enough, especially for ladies with "mystery" feminine issues. She's awesome.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Prior to my appointment a month ago, I could look past Dr E.'s lack of bedside manner and concentrate on her expertise & how good her last nurse was (who I spent more time communicating with in appointments). A month ago, I went to see Dr. Edwards, and her newly-hired nurse was almost in tears when asking me questions in the exam room. Dr Edwards came in and took out her frustrations with her new nurse on me by militantly drilling me with questions and interrupting each answer, with raised voice nearly yelling at me, if I answered in less than one word. Had she listened for five seconds, she would have had her answers. It was apparent that the newer nurse was in tears due to how Dr Edwards treated her. I don't know if I will return. Her treatment of me and her staff goes against everything that her website advertises and what I have seen in her online guides that she has presented to doctors in the field. How can someone who mentors younger doctors, & has won awards for mentoring, treat patients so poorly? As a business owner myself, please deal with staff issues outside of the patient relationship. In addition, the recommendations she made in this last appointment should not have been made given my medical history. I do not think that she reviewed my chart any over the eight months that I had seen her. If you have to see Dr E., be prepared that on her bad days, she can be vicious.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

After many months of feeling hopeless, Dr. Edwards helped me take control of my condition and begin recovery. She was extremely helpful and her staff were professional, made me feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I have gone to Dr. Edwards several times with several different problems. She has cured me on all of the problems where other doctors had no clue what to do. She can be somewhat rude at times but if you can see past this, this lady is brilliant. Her staff is not very professional but really the doctor is brilliant.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Libby Edwards is an knowledgeable professional who seeks invites patients to become educated about their condition and the role they have in caring for themselves. I cannot rate her highly enough.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

Dr. Edwards is knowledgable and helpful. Her bedside manner was wonderful. She really cares that her patients get better. She gave me hope that my issue would be resolved. All of her staff were cheerful and kind. Visiting her office and being under her care has been a very positive experience.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

My mother traveled from VA to NC to see Dr. Edwards who was recommended by her local dermatologist. Dr. Edwards and her staff are incompetent. They took a biopsy and said they would call in a week. After many, many calls to get the results and promised return calls, finally after 5 weeks a semi diagnosis was given but that they had to get one more test results. After one more week, they finally called with a totally different diagnosis. Her local MD tried to contact Dr. Edwards again she would not return her call either. This is a disgusting way to treat a patient. Especially an elderly woman that had to travel to see her and is in a massive amount of pain. My Mom is still unclear on what to do next as no treatment was offered. She is in a lot of pain and has no hope in getting better at this point. Dr. Edwards should be ashamed of herself, what a disgrace to the medical profession.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

The rudest and most unprofessional Doctor I have ever come across. This woman should never be allowed to see patients

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

This woman is a complete hack. She mangled my daughter's back and my daughter now needs plastic surgery as a result. The doctor also has a horrible demeanor...stay away!!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Worth the inconvenience of the staff because of her knowledge and skill.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015