Ratings for Dr. Hany Bissada

Worst. Doctor. Ever. The biggest pusher I have ever seen when it comes to psychiatry and psychotropic medication. I was severely anorexic, and before I left his office after the first meeting, he had me place a pill under my tongue. I had no idea what it was, but I left stoned. I later found out that it was Zyprexa, which is used to treat Schizophrenia. Unbelievable. He has also been so unprofessional and inappropriate with me. He told me my BMI wasn't low enough for "inpatient" treatment and that's because he wanted me to do HIS program, to get better stats. He also said he couldn't refer me to another program outside of his as that is a conflict of interest, yet my other psychiatrist who also worked at the same facility did it in a heart beat because she knew that's what was best for me. He is horrible, and I have no idea how he is still practicing. Do not go see this doctor, or put anyone in his car.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

Dr. Bissada is a great doctor!! He doesn't sugar coat things and may come across as harsh and judgemental, BUT if you want recovery, he is the person to go to! He is more strict than Dr. Proulx and does not (and will not) bend the rules, but that's what you need to beat this eating disorder. Recovery is 100% possible with Dr. B!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

I have known Dr. Bissada for 7 years. He is a very good listener and he cares for his patients. He has gone out of his way to help me in any way he could. If he appears harsh, it's because he really wants you to "get it" - and "get with the program". Once you have established a good rapport with Dr B,, you will discover how dedicated he truly is to what he does.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

After 45 years of a dreadful eating disorder, and a late start to recovery, I have been 8 years free of anorexia nervosa. It wasn't considered a disorder or a disease when I first started, but at the brink of death, my husband found me the help I needed. It took more than one admission, but Dr. Bissada, never gave up on me. I am alive and free of this horrific disease, mainly because of his persistence to help me get well.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Dr. Bissada never gave up on me. He might have shot from the hip at times, without giving you air time, but you can go to him and he will listen. He has a big heart and saved my life. I just hope he is willing to give me one more chance after all these years.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Dr H Bissada is a wonderful , great Doctor. . Who cares and his been treating the last couple of years . I respect him and so thankful to have him as my Doctor .

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Very judgmental and argumentative individual. He told me I was 5'6, I told him no I am 5'0 - he wasted the nurses' time by stopping the consultation and have me weighed and measured for a second time. He offered no real help, he harassed and shamed me. I went back to my family physician and I was referred to a different specialist. I did not require hospitalization and within 2 years I got my life back. Dr. Bissada was a waste of time, energy and only compounded my problem with more shame and guilt.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Dr. H. Bissada and his team saved my life and marriage too many times to count. Because of on-going medical problems, my weight has decreased more than significantly. i am healthy now with regards to my medical issues and if it worst for my age, I would ask for a referral to this program. B/C of the weight loss with these simple issues, I have once again started to fear food intake!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

I have been through many of the programs at the ottawa hospital for many years. Dr B is a great doctor, he is caring and extremely knowledgeable..he knows me better than I know myself. I've finished my treatment at the hospital but continue to see Dr B on a regular basis to "check-in". He keeps me honest, is always happy to see me, and has a great way of using humour that helps greatly when your mood gets down. He doesn't mince words, but eating disorders need to be addressed straight on, and if you can't handle someone being truthful or "calling a spade a spade", maybe you're not ready to fully admit to your problems and ask for help. His heart if truly in the right place, and his door is always open to those who are ready for treatment.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

I have enjoyed my meetings with the doctor. He is a striaght shooter who does not couch everything in soft physo-bable but tells you like it is. This is the way I perfer a doctor to act and be.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013