Ratings for Dr. John C. Herzog

The appointment was supposed to be with Herzog, but instead I got Richard Robertson, which I didn't know until afterwards. I explained my symptons, he examined me and said ok you need another injection for your spinal stenosis and a nerve ending evaluation. The snotty girl at the desk was abrupt when I wanted to see the prescriptions he had written. So I explained the last injection was given by Dr Parikh and was not done correctly. I told him what happened and said ok technical operator error, and would refer me to another doctor. Low and behold guess who they referred me to, Dr Parikh. I asked who told you that, she said Richard Robertson. The so called doctor I just saw and she said yes. Now I can prove this as my husband was in room with me. So I asked for a patient summary of my visit. She's putting it in the mail.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

I am only 19 years old and had a severe herniated disc that was terribly affecting my quality of life. I am forever grateful to Dr. Herzog for his skill in fixing my back. I suffered for over a year and now I am absolutely fine! He is the best spine surgeon ever. I can now go on with my log as normal person. No more back pain. I love Dr. Herzog. Thank you again!! Highly recommend Dr. Herzog, his PA and the entire staff.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

I have never left a bad review but I feel "pulled" to say something. I called this "spine center" and asked for an app. ... I explained what I had going on...sounded promising for me to be seen here. I am at my wits end and have chronic back issues and can't even sit up straight any more. I was a patient at a spine center in the mid-west and they were great!! so...I thought I should try this place. I arrived and had to fill out several papers (that's fine) but as I got toward the end I had a hard time (severe osteo to hand/wrist) and when I told the girl at the desk "I don't think I can write any more" (with a chuckle) I got a dirty look. I got called into the exam room and a Dr. came in...introduced himself (O.K. fine but it was not the Dr. I made the App. with). My images were there (although I was told to bring them and drove an hr to go pick them up the day before)...I was told to bring ALL my med info (none of it was even looked at). I tried to explain "everything" but was rushed and was told 1..2..3..4 times "we do surgery..that is what we do". I thought O.K. I get that and that is fine!! and if surgery can't help me...O.K. ( and I appreciate not being cut open for no reason) BUT someone could have explained this to me on the phone when I SPECIFICALLY said/asked for ANY help even preventive care at this point so I quit getting worse. I also had a few ?? ... what is a stress phenom...what is the questionable "spot"...why are my disks losing height??...the response was "followup with Dr. that ordered that MRI". ( I actually did not even get to say all of that..was cut off and talked over). I never even got to see the Dr. I MADE THE APP. with...he did not even acknowledge my being there. After my brief encounter...I am told "have you tried walking"...for strengthening etc. OMG!!! if they had listened to me at all they would know I have done EVERYTHING. I am a chronic back patient!!! and was in nursing for years...restorative nursing to be exact and YES I have walked. I did mention "I used to walk every day...run...go to the gym"...work 2 jobs...take care of my kids...clean the house...very busy and now I can't sit up straight or walk the small mall 2x. I am at the point of throwing in the towel BUT I have a granddaughter with no mom or dad (daughter died) and I am at my wits end to get better so I can be there for her!! all I wanted was some answers and I felt blown off...maybe because my INS sucks?? IDK. I left and cried all the way home. AGAIN..I now know that they only do "surgeries" but someone could have told me that to begin with...and why can other people get their degenerative spine corrected and I got blown off??

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

Dr. Herzog gave up an evening with his family to do my back surgery after office hours. His staff arranged for the surgery in just two days. I am doing well after surgery and highly recommend Dr. Herzog and his staff.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Dr. Herzog is a fantastic surgeon who performed a spinal fusion on my lower back and because of his skill and expertise I am pain free for the first time in over 35 years.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

He did surgery, removing 2 collapsed discs and replacing it with cadaver bone and putting a metal plate and screws in. That was done in 2012 and today I spend every day of my life in chronic pain living in her car pain meds. I have a back to him a couple times for help and he will not help me. As for his bedside manner, it's the worst I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Had spinal fusion L5S1 , three months out, Dr.Herzog and his assistant Rick were very pleasant, spent a lot of time speaking to myself and my husband, so far so good, still healing but liked both very much.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Herzog. I ended up having back surgery, and for the first time in many years I am pain free. He took a lot of time to explain the surgery to me, and I felt comfortable with him and I am so very happy with the outcome. My experience at Saratoga Hospital was also wonderful. His office staff was always very pleasant and helpful. I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Keep looking for another Doctor. Worst experience ever. Wasted over a year of my life and no results.. I would highly NOT recommend him....

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

so fat I have only met the assistant who seems really nice and caring. But my appointment with the doctor has been cancelled 3 times. His staff doesn't really seem to know what's going on.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr. John C. Herzog's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1998)

Commercial Insurance Company