Ratings for Dr. Richard Barr

Dr Barr is fantastic. His receptionist is also great. The only problem I see is Alberta's shortage of specialists. They are both overworked.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

this doctor is a butcher , he told me the surgery im getting is routine and I have no worries . When I got to operation room I was told one of his students would doing the surgery ,I was stunned . then he told me he has never done this before , I was shocked to hear that . I was going in for scare reduction surgery . after 2 weeks after surgery the bandage came off and I looked at the job he had done . I broke down and started to cry when I had seen what he had done , the scare was even larger than it was before , it looked like a butcher did it with a sword .I cannot even look at it anymore or I get depressed , if I had the time back I would not have it done , I should have gone to plastic surgeon . this butcher ruined my life , I could not even go back for my follow up because I was afraid I might kick his ass , im so embarrassed ,my scare has turned white and is very noticeable , all he said was" I told you I was not a plastic surgeon what did you expect " I was devastated , bad experance all around , Now I call him Barr the Butcher

flag | Submitted January 1, 2016

This doctor was great. Very knowledgeable and helpful. He made sure that my kidney stone was removed promptly. His receptionist was very pleasant and helpful. Great experience overall.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Thank you to Dr. Barr's assistant, I know I was taking up a lot of her time asking questions related to my procedure, but she was incredibly helpful and did not make me feel rushed. Even when I called back multiple times to go over some issues, she was very friendly and informative.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

It is certainly puzzling how this doctor is still employed. I have had to wait months for him to refer me to a different specialist for health issues he diagnosed. On top of that, he also made me wait 5 months to subscribe me a prescription. In Dr. Barr's world it seems time is not of the essence. Its not surprising to see he has an upcoming hearing for Unprofessional Conduct from CPSA.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

The receptionist is extremely unpleasant - I DREAD when I have to call - it's horrible as I have enough to deal with having to call there in the first place!!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Reading the comments below have confirmed that what I have experienced in terms of how I've been treated are seemingly the norm. First of all the receptionist is incredibly rude. Second the lack of diligence is appalling. Basically anything they tell you in terms of timeline you can just forget as follow through is not their forte. After three months of having a stint in and calling several times for an appointment to have it removed, I received a call telling me that I had missed my appointment and that they called me two days prior. Now because he is apparently on vacation, they tell me that I can't get in for another month. These people lack any compassion for the mental destruction that living with a stint can cause. They also seem unwilling to refer me to a different surgeon to speed the process up and get back to my active lifestyle. If you can avoid dealing with this office I recommend it.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Barr for 10 years and I think he is great! He has always spent the right amount of time with me at my appointments and is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I'll probably be seeing him for years to come and I have zero complaints.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

His former assistant has left the office. She was not cooperative at all. His new assistant is way more pleasant. Dr. Bar is very knowledgeable. Have been his patient for about 5 years now.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

While Dr. Barr seemed competent the night my daughter collapsed and went to emergency for surgery. However her stones were too large to be surgically removed. He told us we were being sent home the next day and would be called in for sound blasting procedure to break up the stones. No one has ever called. My daughter sits at home in pain waiting for nothing. We called his office 4 days later. Receptionist claims my daughter is not even one of his patients. He put the stent in! We were told to wait, they would call by end of week. Nothing! We spoke with 4 different hospital departments who all say we must wait for Dr. Barr to file a form to allow my daughter treatment, but he can not be reached and has filed nothing! Now week is up, no call back, and his office is closed to leave her to suffer for another 3 days over long weekend. Unbeleavable! Worst service from a DR. in my whole life! Acts like he cares, but does not!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013