Ratings for Dr. Bernard Suher

I would just caution people as ethics come into question here. One, make sure you ask if a copay is needed because they will not, even when you are receiving a product that includes a fitting, there is a copay. That was a misunderstanding on our part and I suppose it is my responsibility to know whether a copay is needed or not. That being the case, we were uncertain about purchasing the product as it was not covered by insurance and was quite pricey. We were assured by the doctor to go ahead and purchase it and we would be able to make payments, what ever we could afford. With this, we felt comfortable and purchased the product. We made 4 payments and then we got turned over to a collection agency. I am very disappointed and feel like a bait and switch was pulled in order to get their money. The worst part of it all, the collection agency is tacking on additional money to collect. Had we have known this would have been the outcome, we would never have purchased the product oh, I guess there is a method to their madness. They got their money and now we are making payments through the collection agency.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

Dr. Suher’s office equipment and policies are antiquated (what takes 1 visit at a modern facility takes 3 in his Midlothian office). When I asked for a copy of medical records to get a 2nd opinion, he refused to share X-rays, despite the fact that it is my right to request a copy (which I offered to pay to have made). Note that he could not share digitally, because his office is not up to date on technology. He was rude to me AND to my insurance company when they called him to see if they could understand why any medical professional would refuse to share records. Find another practitioner!

Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr. Suher is THE BEST. He is knowledgeable and very thorough in explaining things. I just wish I had been to him five years ago to take care of the toenail fungus that usual doctors cannot seem to defeat.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

I love the staff and the way the Doctor takes a personal interest in his patients. I was so surpised to get a call the very same eveing from the Doctor to see how I was feeling. Impressive. I must add that while going through major surgery, the office sent flowers to me in the hospital, and I had only been a patient for a few months. They really made me feel appreciated as a patient and as a person. Must say the dental work was painelss, long....holding my mouth open and the contortion was rough, but needed to be done!! Would reccomend!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

Dr. Suher seems to be in business primarily to make money from his patients, not necessarily to offer good help at a reasonable cost. I went to the office to find a solution for my hammertoes. 2 appointments and a set of x-rays later, the only suggestion Dr. Suher offered was to make an orthotic insole that would cost $400 + $100 casting fee. He refused to offer suggestions for an over-the-counter orthotic ($30-$60) to try before spending 10 times as much. I went to another doctor for a second opinion, she said that spending that much on a custom orthotic as a first line of treatment would be premature in my mild case of hammertoe. The other doctor offered a far cheaper solution. One more thing I'll add about Dr. Suher is that his office equipment all seems to be 30+ years old. This makes me wonder whether his skills, knowledge, and methods are up to date. He is due for retirement soon.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

Last year I went to Dr. Suher for a hammer toe and he was very nice. I was going to have the surgery but hadn't set a date when I got a letter asking for $100.00. I spoke to someone from his office and was told the fee was for "paper work". I decided to rethink the surgery. I wanted a second opinion and went to Advanced Orthopaedic and spoke with a surgeon. I actually had 2 hammer toes and decided that I wanted a surgeon to operate on my toes. It was the paper work fee that threw me off. I have never been charged for paper work. The $100.00 fee isn't covered by insurance. I was very pleased with my surgeon and my surgery.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

i love this Dr. I called his office to make and appt and we were able to go in that day. He was great with my 14yr old son. Dr. Suher made him feel very comfortable and had a great bedside manner. Something I dont encounter very often. He removed my son's infected ingrown toenail and took the time to show me what he was doing and why. He made himself available anytime and even supplied us with his personal cell#. The nurse/secretary was very nice and accomodating. We had no trouble scheduling follow-up appts for convenient times. We had a fabulous experience with this Dr and intend to go to him for all podiatric needs.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2009

He incorrectly diagnosed the issue, and then prescribed an orthotic that was 2 generations behind current technology that was out of pocket ($400 - $500). I don't mind spending the money if it worked, but it never helped, even with many repeat returns to fix it. I'd look elsewhere, if possible.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

BEWARE! The doctor does not give you any information and makes you feel guilty for asking any questions. The office staff is rude and makes scheduling very difficult. The date for my pre-op and surgery was set up for me before I confirmed the date then later a letter was mailed where they threatened to charge me $100 if I did change these dates. Since I wasn't able to get anywhere with the receptionist I asked the doctor to call and after almost two days I called back because he did not return my call. He did not seem to care that I felt mistreated and so now I am going to West End Ortho where I have been receiving superior service!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009

This doctor should be retiring. He has no idea how to practice medicine, and likes to belittle other people. I got ripped off $400 for arch supports that could have been bought at WalMart. He wanted to do surgery on me - and I was afraid to let him cut me. I am glad I went with my impressions, because a person I worked with got her foot messed up by Dr. Suher. Please be careful!!!!

Submitted September 24, 2008