Ratings for Dr. Harvey P. Simon

Extremely arrogant and rude endodontist. When I first sat in his chair he only wanted to talk about his hedge fund investments and the 14% annual return he is getting. He took an x-ray, and gave me some novacaine before starting the root canal. His drill broke and he yelled at his assistant. He finally drilled the hole but complained that I wasn't opening my mouth wide enough for him to do his work. He then said that he ran out of time and he patched up the hole and told me that I had to leave. Would not recommend this guy to anyone. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2019

Very rude and arrogant dentist. Did a root canal on both my son and myself. We both still to this day have infections and Dr Simon refuses to see either of us. Told me that he did our root canals correctly and to go back to our referring dentist. The reffering dentist had to refer us to another Endo which will take another 21 days to be approved by our insurance :( Also, his chairside manner is just terrible. Didn't ask about my pain level enough during the procedure. We are both still in pain. Save yourself pain and agony. Go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

Dr. Simon was caring and detailed in his work. Called later on to check on how I was feeling. Good experience!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2018

READ..I understand dr.simmons that I dont have the best health care coverage (husky) but that doesnt justify you and your staff too lead me into hoping and believing that I'd be able to come in for a root canal procedure, then flat out deny me and release me as a patient. WHAT KIND OF DOCTOR WANTS TOO SEE SOMEONE SUFFER? talk to me verbally numerous times over the phone, give me a time period of 2-4 weeks make me suffer a whole month in the most unbearable pain of my life that I have ever experienced, (disclosure) I understand some of that time frame is due to insurance authorization, with that being said I found you and your staff to be some of the most un organized and un professional group of people I have ever encountered in the medical feild, Example 1: [you ask your patients to call back instead of following up on calls yourself then each time you call you just give a different day of the week to call back on] Example 2: [ you are flat out lying to my insurance company saying you didn't receive my approval when its been approved for quite sometime now] do yourself a favor dr.simmons and just stop seeing patients obviously you and everyone who works for your businesses is not concerned of your patients health or well being at all. What a joke of a doctor wish I never had contacted you, waste of time.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

Dr. Simon is straight forward down to business type of dentist. He is not very talkative and people may seem him as cold. His assistant has been with him 8 years so that should say something about Dr. Simon’s work.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

HEED THE CLUES AND AVOID THIS PATHETIC PRACTICE. Clue #1: Walk in to empty office. Doc sitting in receptionist chair apparently viewing Facebook. Doc doesn't acknowledge your presence, despite being 12" away. Clue #2: Doc comes in, doesn't look you in the eye, shake your hand, or welcome you in any respectful, professional manner. Clue #3: Immediately, curtly tells you the worst news you could hear re: prognosis; when you seek additional information, you are rebuffed. Clue #4: When again seeking additional info, Doc gets pissed and tensely says, "Goodbye," and walks out, leaving you to wonder what the heck just happened and how much you paid to get glared at and diminished. All Clues point to a terrible experience with an angry guy who apparently drives all potential clients away, thus the empty waiting room. Heed the clues. This guy is the worst doctor I've encountered in 50+ years. Just a nasty old man!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I’m a 60 year young man in excellent health and never had a Root Canal before. I read the same reviews your reading now. If you think your visiting your family dentist who wants to see you two times a year, year after year, and who has the warm and fuzzy to go along with, Dr. Simon aint him. No warm and fuzzy here. If not cozying up to patients or giving short answers are perceived as rude keep reading and I’ll help with your perception. Chances are that as Dr. Simon’s patient you will be a one procedure deal and hopefully you won’t have to see him again. He knows that. The procedure most likely will be one that you dread and would love to know will be performed exceptionally well. Here’s the important stuff. He wastes no time in small talk. He is direct, very and takes the lead as he should. If you can get past the point where he didn’t discuss the weather with you, you’ll find he is very confident and very focused. Almost arrogant, but nothing you can put your finger on, just his way. The relationship with his nurse is a marriage of two people working perfectly in unison. Here’s where it gets even better. Dr. Simon has a great hand. Steady with the right amount of firm. You feel the confidence and feel confident. He explains everything in an understated monotone. You will discover he has a heart when he asks you if you feel any pain. He really does care. Everything about him says trust. I’ve lived in many places and have had dental work from great to not so great. Dentists have tried to sell me unnecessary crowns and braces. There’s none of that there. Dr. Simon aka Dr. Congeniality is an excellent Endodontic Dentist period. I hope I never have to see him again too, cause no matter how you slice it Root Canals are no fun.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Worse Dr I ever seen unpleasant, rude and may be racist too. He was never friendly to me and I read some review says is friendly and I am an imigran. He did my one root canal he said its gonna be fun before starting but I didn't care after couple weeks I went to see him for another one he numbed and started working I said I still feel pain then he got mad said I can't do it you have to find someone and left the room. I came to know he does that to lot a patient. So please don't go this place ask for another recommendation with your dentist.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Quick , painless , fast and easy. He is a real direct down to earth guy who definitely knows what he's doing . I couldn't of asked for a better experience . I will definitely be using him as my primary endodontist.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Dr Simon was great! I called with a severe toothache and he saw me immediately . I ended up having an infection which was from a cracked tooth, it required a root canal . I would highly recommend him to others .

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016