Ratings for Dr. Joseph L. Kut

After some very awful experiences with other psychiatrists, I found Dr Kut. He is always willing to work with me on medication sensitivity. He lays out my choices and let's me decide. I've been seeing him for over 5 years. I pay out of pocket and travel far to see him because it is rare to find a psychiatrist who does not push medication without care of the side effects. The person who answers his phones can seem a bit abrasive, but she's very nice and has helped me out the one time I needed to get ahold of Dr Kut. The office staff in Arlington Heights are very nice. Once in a while he does get behind and the wait is 30-45 minutes, but only twice in the 5 years I've been seeing him. Usually he's very punctual. I've never felt judged by him and feel comfortable opening up.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I went to Dr. Kut for prescription opiate abuse and he has been extremely helpful, non-judgmental, open to input from me on my treatment, and always punctual. The longest I've waited it 10 minutes, usually less. If you're willing/able to pay cash, I highly recommend Dr. Kut.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

He is rude, arrogant and judges you within five minutes of meeting you. His receptionist is a rude, older woman who gave me an exaggerated sigh when I couldn't reach the paperwork. As someone else said, the physicians's assistant, Megan, is wonderful. Dr. Kut needs to take a page from her book. He also belittled my previous diagnosis and therapist. Truly awful. If you like your psychiatrist uncaring, cold and abrasive, then Dr. Kut is for you.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Dr. Kut is very cold. His communication skills are poor and he seems judgmental. Total waste of time. Left office very upset, he made me feel like s#*& about myself. His assistant Megan was very good. To bad she's not the Dr. Go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

Amazing Doctor, very helpful and caring. Unfortunately, his answering service receptionist is the most unpleasent woman I have ever had to deal with. All in all, his service out weighs her rudeness.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

It felt as if he wanted to get me in and out as quickly as possible. I spent about 7 minutes with him describing what was wrong and the medication I was on, before he prescribed something new and pushed me out the door. When I had side effects, I could not reach him over the phone and had to come back in for another appt. I did and was told to try it for another month and keep him updated. That appt lasted about 3 minutes! That was the last time I wasted a visit on him.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

I have had a very good experience with Dr. Kut. He is very uptodate with the latest and best in psychiatric treatments. I have been to several doctors over the years for treatment of my condition and I have had the best results with this doc. Recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2009

He's a good doctor. I have had nothing but positive experiences with him. One of his receptionists, on the other hand, is awful. I always put off calling to make an appointment because she's rude and once even refused to take a message when I was having adverse reactions to a medicine. I have no complaints about Dr. Kut though.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr Kut is not consistent. I asked him once if a certain medication helped with anxiety and he said "no." I asked him the same question another time and he said "yes." He also tried to get me in the office in as much as possible, even though I spoke to him over the phone and described all of my symptoms. Why couldn't he just give me another sample of a different medication??

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

He is okay I just wonder if anyone else has an opinion

flag | Submitted March 23, 2007

Dr. Joseph L. Kut's Credentials

• Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med, Maywood Il 60153 (Grad. 1991)

Workers Comp