Ratings for Dr. Robert F. Belfon

I'm in the office right now and I'm the first not to believe everything I read but after this experience. I guess I'm a believer. Nice as a person but professionalism is truly lacking. Been waiting for an hour even after getting here 30 minutes early, before the appointment

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Incredibly long wait times, excessive and unnecessary treatments, and outright abuse of his staff. My eight year old has had a crown instead of a filling each time he's had a cavity, and they refuse to explain why. The staff is terrified of this guy and the office is FILTHY.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Creepy, unprofessional and outright unacceptable practice. This couple should NOT be working on children especially. Impatient with basic requests such as the need to spit or get comfortable in the chair. How is he still in practice after all these awful reviews??? The office wait was excessive all three visits- an hour to two hours each time. Filthy, outdated facility. Torn up examination chair. They had my son going up, down, backwards,, forward for a minute an a half before getting him into position. Completely disorganized with tools falling to the floor and fumbling for materials during procedures. Didn't have the correct enamel color for my son. Not gentle or considerate of the patient's time or feelings. Dr. Wasted an hour of our time while my son sat in the exam chair, dealing with an airlines and a vacation reservation, followed by story after story of blathering chatter. Ended up having to schedule another appointment just so they could finish the second tooth. Horrible. Following visit we waited for another hour past or appointment time and we were the only people there. He ended up not completed the procedure (thank god!) because 4 minutes into the visit he threw a tantrum and refused to do the work we waited an hour for. I can't believe this person hasn't been investigated . Unbelievable. Traumatic experience for my child.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Very sloppy prep work. Seen first hand over and over till I got rid of him as an account!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

This guy needs to be investigated. Some time ago, I had a tooth that was decaying and I went to him and it took him and his staff five visits over the course of five months just to do put a crown on it. Six months later that crown fell out and when I went back, these people expected me to pay $800 for a replacement! A friend of mine had his teeth worked on by this guy and he ruined her teeth. Not to mention this guys take forever. They expect you to be on time but then they make you wait two to three hours, even if the job is simple as a checkup. One visit the whole waiting room was filled with people, half of whom never were saw that day. Also they are very mafia like when it comes to payments, especially his wife, who is very rude. Someone needs to report this guy and quick.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

An investigation should be open to review this practice. My children have been going there for many years and I trusted them. I overlooked many things because they were good to the children, but I did see the insults to the staff and former patients. The wait was usually an hour to two hours. I am now searching for a new dentist.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

My kids have never been seen on time. The average time I'm there is 3 hours, just for him to spend 5 minutes on my kids. He is very rude to his staff. I've heard him yell at them numerous times. His wife runs the office and he depends on her for everything.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

Dr. Belfon made a poor diagnosis and treated our son with shoddy work. One cavity was filled over an infection and he will now have the tooth pulled. The other cavity was drilled and left unfilled. He tried to convince us to cut our daughter's tied tongue three times, during three visits, after we made it clear we didn't want to. I do not trust his skills at all.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

We ended up having to walk out of this facility. The wait time was greater than an hour. The staff kept talking about other patients conditions (including their names) which is a clear HIPAA violation. After seeing the scores on this website, we will never return to this Dentist again. If you can't control your Staff and abide by the HIPAA laws, then you do not belong in New Mexico practicing Dentistry.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Dr. Belfon did not do the treatment right the first time, had to be re-done. Obviously, suffering and pain for the child to go through. We'll be looking for a another dentist.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012