Ratings for Dr. ROBERT M. Humphries

All about $$$$$$$ beyond furious for the fees I was charged and the poor workmanship I received. Then was told I'd have to pay again to fix what was done so poorly the first time. I was charged $1150.00 for a fairly simple procedure. After the fact I checked with another prosthodontist and for the very same procedure the charge would have been $300.00. Just sickens me that he and wife Marie (office manager) could take such advantage of their patients!! He may be the only Prosthodontist in the Kalamazoo area, and he certainly not the best. For the savings I would travel to GR or Ann Arbor.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

All-around, the most non-customer friendly operation I've ever experienced. Examples being: * Up-front, 100% billing then they credit your account if insurance pays. * Typically 150%-200% of typical charges * Their in-office "consultations" are just another way to milk customers for $125+ for 10-minutes of time when most times the discussion could have been handled via phone * The office staff (Marie - aka Dr. Humphries wife) is an absolutely horrible person to deal with - and this is the $$$ person! She has the worst method of explaining costs and value, and is likely the reason behind most of the rumored "screaming" that comes from the office * Dr. Humphries is admittedly very knowledgeable, but he's also very conceited and egotistical - and it shows whenever anyone questions his treatment plan. One would think he's a heart-surgeon instead of a prosthodontist. I'd welcome another prosthedontist into the Kalamazoo area to give Dr. Humphries the competition that his practice really deserves....perhaps this would make his practice more customer-centric - the way it should be.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Previously had two years of problems until Dr. Humphries took over my treatment. Now I am doing great! People think he is expensive but considering how much I spent for nothing it was not expensive at all. Also, checked out other Prosthodontists and his fees are average are less. Do you want it cheap or correct? HIGHLY RECOMMEND! My whole family goes and we are all very happy!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2011

overpriced, intimidating, keeps you coming back and encourages you to dismiss your regular dentist

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

very professional office everyone friendly. Expensive but I am worth it!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010

Expensive, but I wouldn't trust my teeth with anyone else. Very efficient, knowledgeable and polite.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2009

Charged a lot for nothing except a great deal of pain. When I complained the response was very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2008