Ratings for Dr. David C. Campbell

I found "Dr. Dave" (as he introduced himself to me as) terrible. Very arrogant Dr., horrible bed side manner. Basically he sent a student in to give me an epidural (in a high risk pregnancy) without any supervision. The student attempted to give me the epidural 10 times in the span of an hour before my blood pressure bottomed out and the RN in charge of my direct care ordered her to stop and call Dr. Campbell. Dr. Campbell arrived after the student called only to belittle me and yell that I need to "suck it up if i want an epidural because he and his student are on the way to the OR and won't be available for 2 hours." So after a few more failed attempts by the student he finally took over and gave the epidural. I understand that the student was there to learn and everyone needs to practice to learn their skills but my god 10 attempts, unsupervised, on a high risk pregnancy. You are dealing with my spine...and then to come in and yell at me while I'm in labour. Awesome thanks for the great care. I guess I should be thankful I'm not paralyzed.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Dr.Dave is a very down to earth friendly guy. Makes alot of jokes. LOVE THEM. He can be a bit to straight forward and strongly opinionated by he has a complete right to be. He is the BEST! I had a high risk pregnancy and I have gone through 2 of them now. Without him, I would have died. The over night anethesiologist took 13 tries to get the epidural in while puncturing the subural cavity. Then she froze me up to my cheek bones. Thought I was going to die for real. The only time I felt safe is when Dr.Campbell was in the room. I know he seems like he is all fun and game and he definitely is 90% of the time but when it gets down to business he is the guy who you can count on. He takes it very seriously and and cares about his patients alot. He tries to put you at ease with his jokes, not very typical of a doctor but its his great personality. He had 3 nurses in the room monitoring me 24/7 and gave them very strict orders. Trust me he knows what he is doing!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

He is very witty...sometimes that goes against good bedside manner, but I liked his jokes. He was a 10 on knowledge. He is the cheif of anesthesia...so he likes anestetic. He's not there to convince you not to get an epidural. Hes there to help you and he doesnt rush. He will answer all of your questions and has no problem coming back later if you have more. Loved him.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

I didn't appreciate his **** jokes, lack of respect and overall misdemeanor. I asked him for facts surrounding epidurals, to which he got his back up instantly. I found he was certainly in the business to be pushing epidurals and non-natural pain management (he even said that he considers epidurals to BE natural(?) and that the only unnatural way to give birth was via c-section...?) Very disrespectful, very arrogant, very unfortunate the way he talks to pregnant women!!!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

dr. campbell was the dr. i had seen after a failed epidural.He was funny and new what he was doing as well as very sympathetic for what i had been through.He had the best bedside manner and had his staff call me everyday to check on me.After a couple weeks of headaches he had called i stressed my pain to him and he got me into emerg. that day! the anist. that helped me that day were all amazing!thanks for giving me my life back!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

Very intelligent and skillful but is very disrespectful. Forms opinions about situations/people without gathering facts first. I am scarred for life after being under his care while giving birth because of his treatment. Not the kind of person I would trust in health care.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

Love him! I had a consult with Dr. David before my baby's birth, and he was wonderful. He explained very well that I was at higher risk for a c-section because of my "large body habitus".. yes, I'm a big girl, and yes, I had a big baby, and yes, I needed an emergency c-section... but I wasn't scared because I knew what to expect, Dr. David had explained it all.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2009

Met with him prior to my c-section, very thorough, and put my mind at ease. was willing to take the time to answer any of my questions. He did not make me feel rushed. What an amazing experience!!! Fantastic work doctor.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

I think Dr. Campbell is very good. He was funny , and helped put me at ease. He also told me the same thing about larger girls, but did it in a very nice manner, and was very honest. I did not mind at all...great guy!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2007

Found him very arrogant and no bedside manner. He told me that "fat girls" are harder to give epidurals to..not a good thing to say to a woman in labour!!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2007