Ratings for Dr. Jan Venter

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

I was one of doctor Venter's patients for years. Originally, I trusted him and felt that I was receiving good care; but, as the years went on, I started to feel like I was receiving very poor, at times dangerous, medical care. He once prescribed me colloidal silver, a type of antibiotic used prior to the invention of safer and more effective modern antibiotics. Colloidal silver is well known to turn skin permanently grey/blue. Dr. Venter closed his practice without warning. Adding insult to injury, he dated the notification letters he sent out so it would look like he'd followed the legal requirement to notify us 3 months prior to closure, but the date on the postage stamp clearly showed he'd just mailed them. According to his LinkedIn profile, it looks like he abandoned us to work at a boutique physicians clinic (clinics for those who can pay).

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

Well after being a "DR VENTER RELIGION" or so to speak for many years, after he closed his clinic with just one days notice and now nearly 2 1/2 years later I find that I'm getting more and more angry with Dr. Venter and the way that he "just" dumped us, his patients that were so very loyal to him during his years of practice and in return we were so reliant on him for support and real health care, (which at the time he truly provided to us!) but today things are so difficult and there's absolutely nowhere to turn because he left us in the lurch. The very least he could have done for us was ensured that we had our "ducks in a row" as well before he "closed shop" so that today was not a living hell and our pain was not so unbearable that we did not know where's to turn!!!! Thanks for leaving us in the dust! Not a cool move on his behalf, pretty crappy for those of us left with that confused look on our faces!! Anonymous!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

not an infectious disease dr. He was a fibromyalgia dr. his clinic closed unexpectedly on May 1, 2011. Where did he go? I heard he had gone into research. As a former patient I was shocked when I was given 1 days notice of his clinic closing. No answers. He was helping me with a complex problem with my neck and a problem called PC3 and was assisting me with my contact with the specialist in Renton, Wash. now I a left to fight our BC system on my own. Very disappointed. He was a great FM dr. very caring and very up on the current research. Is there any people out there in a similar situation to me. pls email me at carolandfm@hotmail.com

flag | Submitted February 21, 2012

Best doctor I have ever had, really seemed involved with the care he prescribed, forward thinking. Shocked when he announced he was closing his family practice....

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

I thank God every day for having met and have been looked after by Dr. Venter. His expertise saved my husband for a few extra years. I know wherever he goes, things will start to change. He has made a difference in my life; I only wish him the very best in his endeavors. Sandy W.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

I have had an undiagnosed illness for a few years now. Looks like chronic fatigue syndrome, but seems to be autoimmune disease. Dr. Venter was the only person in town I found that seemed to be up on alot of the research, so he was the only person I had who held out any hope. But he just up and closed his practice last month, with only a few weeks notice, and no replacement. So it would seem he doesn't really care about his patients.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2011

Am from Africa, now in B.C. Met Dr jan venter at the clinic.I can say no doctor like him.For sure this man is qualified and alert doctor.He has brought the average of doctors in BC UP.i DONT THINK HE WILL LAST AT THE CLINIC FOR LONG. hE IS OVER QUALIFIED FOR CANADA

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

He truly is a gift to the medical community. I really don't know what I would do without him as my physician. As a fibromyalgia sufferer for nearly 15 years it's hard to find a knowledgeable practioner who knows the many complications that go along with fibro. He's been nothing but wonderful to me and my family, he's extremely thorough in his examinations and makes you feel confident in his ability. He seems to know exactly what to do with my ailments. I feel extremely blessed to have him as my physician and so do my parents.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

flag | Submitted December 29, 2010

Dr. Jan Venter's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Leaves one practice and starts another constantly. It seems like this is a pattern for him, leaving patients behind at a whim with NO followup. Dangerous. "

March 14, 2015