Ratings for Dr. Gerald Murray

I had intermiittent transient left leg pain due to disc germination at l5-s1 and was referred to see him. After a significant and debilitating flare up of 4 weeks he suggested surgery. He performed a discectomy on my L5-s1 disc on March 8,2016. I was pain free immediately and with therapy have returned to full functionality. I am very thankful for his skill and ability in correcting this and returning my life back to me.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

I went to Murray because of my back he tapped my knee asked a few questions about my work and workers comp. told me a bit of physical therapy and I would be fine..... this is word for word from my ct scan> L4-5 : there is a right-eccentric disk herniation which is displacing the traversing L5 nerve root within the lateral recess and impingement the thecal sac....L5-S1 there is transitional anatomy at this leval with hemi-sacralisation of the L5 on the left ,with a pseudoarthrosis .... also ct of c-spine, disk bulging at C5-6 and to a lesser degree C4-5 mri is better for this region and one has been ordered to confirm findings. Murray didn't even check my neck , this appointment was set up by workers comp..... I believe that when it comes to workers patient he does what they tell him to do i.e. make it seem like there is nothing wrong or make it seem less serious in nature. I would suggest that anyone who reads this should google what my ct scan said and judge for your self if my back is in good shape then go see Murray if you want

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Dr. Murray has been treating me for over 10 years. I was referred to him and diagnosed with a brain tumer. He is very down to earth and explains things to me in a manner that I understand and can relate to. Once diagnosed, surgery was arranged quickly and follow ups are continuing and everything I would expect. I do not doubt Dr. Murray saved my life. I live a few hrs drive from St. Johns, so CT scans and follow up Appointments are arranged for the same day which is great. He shows genuine interest in how my family and I are doing in all my follow ups. I have the utmost in gratitute and respect for this man, without whom I would not be here to write this, and my wife and daughters would be without a husband and father.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I didn't find Dr. Murray to be very helpful to me. I didn't feel validated by him and I felt rushed. I definitely will not recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

20 yrs ago ( June 1992) I suffered 2 brain aneurisms .Lost all my education, he gave the family instructions of how I could gain it back.In 2010 Memorial University awarded me with Dr of Law degree for volunteer work..It was Dr Murray I gave most of the credit to for my recovery.He is top of the line in my books..Minnie J Vallis

flag | Submitted January 6, 2013

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

He performed my back surgery...he's an excellent Doctor...my surgery was a complete success....I would highly recommend him : )

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

Absolutely terrific surgeon. Gave me excellent care. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

In the span of 18 yrs my mother had 2 brain anersyums and had them clipped. When she had her 2nd 1 dr.Murrey said that me and my 2 sisters should get scanned because he believed they were genetic...and he was right, I found out I had a anersyum 5 yrs ago. It is still to small to operate on, so I see him once a yr to get scanned and keep a eye on it. My mom in the past 2 months found out by Dr.Murrey that her last anersyum that was clipped , for some reason is reoccuring. She has to go away to get treated for this because our health system doesnt have the equipment to do what needs to be done...all in all Dr.Murrey is a wonderful , great doctor to me and my mom over the past 18 yrs..thank you for all you do!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

We found Dr. Murray to be amazing. He is an expert in his field and the best at what he does.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011